Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Still Not Showing Up

Local Files Still Not Showing Up

I’ve turned on the local file option on the app, the local network and media on settings, but the Spotify file is still not showing up. I even deleted the app, but that just made my already existing local file songs to be unplayable. The playlist of my local file disappeared on the app, and the Spotify file on my phone is there, but it doesn’t open. The “on my iPhone” file tab is empty with no Spotify file, however if I search it up in the files it pops up. The Spotify file still doesn’t work, as when I click on it, it leads to the empty “on my iPhone” file tab. 

BBEF8B3F-78BC-46B7-A1BA-FAD54B8249F7.png

2D178597-F0CB-4D67-8AEB-24118BB4E6FC.png

BFCA2052-2ED1-4ED9-9F4F-69E1654941F6.png

3 Replies

Hey @osamason,

Thanks for reaching out! I feel like there's a confusion here in regards to how Spotify and Local Files operate.
Local Files are .mp3 tracks, stored as files directly in your phone's storage. They can be accessed and played via Spotify.

Online songs you download with Spotify on the other hand cannot be located locally, as the files are encrypted. 
They can only be played via the Spotify app when 'Offline Mode' is enabled or there is no internet connection available.

Hope this clears things up!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nah but the local files playlist that appears on the Spotify app, isn’t popping up even though all of the settings are turned on

Thanks for the response @osamason!

It's worth mentioning that the way local files work has recently been changed and with this said, you sometimes may encounter issues with syncing them between different devices. Keep in mind that you'd need to have the actual tracks stored on your phone as well and once they're physically stored on your device, if you head over to the app settings & switch on Show local audio files, the Local Files folder and files should appear in Spotify.

Could you confirm what steps you've tried? You can take a look at this help article for more details.

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts