Country

Canada

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.0.2

Spotify 8.6.80.1180

My Question or Issue

Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Emptied the cache about 25 times and deleted/redownloaded the app and rebooted my phone that many times. Pretty sure the problem here is Spotify. Not even on my PC does your "update" shows up, and yet my roommate has the lyrics feature working just fine. What is this ? Seems like there's always problems with Spotify.

Edit : I meant except me. But also expect me. I'm not happy about this.

354 Replies

screenshooter
Gig Goer

Plan

Premium

Country

DE

Device

(iPhone 13, Iphone 11, Ipad Air 2)

Operating System

(iOS 15+)

My Question or Issue

Spotify lyrics still not working after uncountable attempts to reinstall, log out, log in, empty cache, restart devices. Even set up a new Iphone - no success.

Spotify Support is not helpful at all - just sending useless answers like this:

You've obviously come across one of the changes we've made to Spotify recently.

We're always testing potential improvements and new features. As a result, you may see features in the app that your friends don't have. Or you may only have temporary access to a brand new feature.

You can let us know what you think in our community: https://community.spotify.com/.

screenshooter
Gig Goer

Lyrics not showing on my Iphone 13.

Spotify Support is not helpful at all - just sending useless answers like this:

You've obviously come across one of the changes we've made to Spotify recently.

We're always testing potential improvements and new features. As a result, you may see features in the app that your friends don't have. Or you may only have temporary access to a brand new feature.

You can let us know what you think in our community: https://community.spotify.com/.

screenshooter
Gig Goer

Plan

Premium Family  - Owner Account

Country

DE

Device

(iPhone 13, Iphone 11, Ipad Air 2)

Operating System

(iOS 15.1.1)

Mein Problem

Die Songtexte / Lyrics werden auf meinen IOS-Geräten nicht angezeigt. Bin mit dem Verwalter Account angemeldet - bei allen Familienmitgliedern funktioniert es.

Nach unzähligen Neuinstallationen, Leeren des Caches, An- und Abmeldeversuchen keine Erfolg. Auch ein Iphone wurde komplett neu aufgesetzt.

Der Support schickt nur nutzlose Standard Antworten wie diese:

Du bist offensichtlich auf eine der Änderungen gestoßen, die wir in letzter Zeit an Spotify vorgenommen haben.

Wir testen immer wieder mögliche Verbesserungen und neue Features. Daher ist es möglich, dass du Features in der App siehst, die deine Freunde nicht haben. Oder du hast nur vorübergehend Zugriff auf eine brandneue Funktion.

In unserer Community kannst du uns mitteilen, was du davon hältst: https://community.spotify.com/.

Ich will nicht mehr für diese Mangelhafte Leistung bezahlen und erwäge zu Apple Music zu wechseln. Das kostet nur wenig mehr, aber dort funktioniert alles, 

screenshooter
Gig Goer

Are you owner of a family account? When i am logged in with my owner account lyrics do not show up on Iphone. My family members don't have the problem.

screenshooter
Gig Goer

Are you owner of a family account? When i am logged in with my owner account lyrics do not show up on Iphone. My family members don't have the problem.

Giovag
Gig Goer

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

iOS 15.1.1

My Question or Issue

I don’t have the lyrics feature on my spotify app, it’s updated to the latest verison. On the desktop app i have them. 
Also it’s incredibile the fact that I pay 16€ a month to always receive the latest updates at a very late stage. My friends with the free spotify version (and also cracked version) all have the lyrics and the latest updates on time.

Then the iOS spotify app has serious UI bugs since some months, I have reported several times but without receiving any solution.

It’s scandalous, I’m really thinking about switching to apple music.

leobartowski

Same problem here! I'm from Italy too.

I don't have the lyrics and I also have the old UI (the Grey one)

el_loco_avs

Not OP, but I'm the familyaccount owner and I have the same issue on Android.

Problem doesn't occur with the windows app of Spotify. Family member users do not seem to have the issue.

Frankre777
Music Fan

Rate 1 star until lyrics appear to every one !

Frankre777
Music Fan

Rate 1 star until lyrics appear to every one !

Frankre777
Music Fan
rate 1 star in app store - until lyrics are available to everyone

Frankre777
Music Fan

the funnies answer from support " we are testing different features to see the different feedback " .. ok. my feedback is " I'm not happy  not having the lyrics"

screenshooter
Gig Goer

🤡

screenshooter
Gig Goer

Can the spotify support team can help to move a complete Family account including all members into a new family account?

screenshooter
Gig Goer

I asume mainly premium family account owners are affected.

goldy44
Roadie
That’s an interesting theory. I have a Duo account with my husband. Oh, and guess what I am seeing on some songs today. The stinking and rather useless Storyline tab What a joke.

Frankre777
Music Fan

Hi, note on Ios It is difficult ot " clear cache"

btw : our tentative already included:

• delete app and reinstall app
  • logout -  login
  • reboot the phone
  • rate 1 star the app
  • write to support > reply to support we've already  done all test
  • kill the  app
  • rotate phone on song bar 
  • write to musicMatch ( as is Italian like me)
  • update Ios to latest 15.1.1
  • check frequently spotify app version  now I'm on 8.6.82.1634 ( I started on 8.6.80)
  • treath support to have my money back as this lyrics feature is indeed a feature claimed on the product so let's pretend I payed for having the lyrics.. and I have not.
  • twittered Adele, saying I'l be happy to sing the new album IN THE RIGHT ORDER .. so noshuffle, but please add lyrics ( no answer )
  • pray.

Frankre777
Music Fan
Elena, -- wrong: this is not a new feature you are try. as it is claimed and advertised everywhere. so the missing , of course cause bad feedback.
like the example: If you book into an hotel that claims there is the Jacuzzi in the room.. and you pay for it .. if you arrive , and not find a jacuzzi.. do you think that you will be satisfy by the hotel manager: " madam, the jacuzzi is one of our new features that we’re trying out. We always test possible improvements, so you might not have the jacuzzi you payed for. and your friends do. We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure your voice is heard."

😉

Frankre777
Music Fan
Not sure account type is related . The app is the same ..

Frankre777
Music Fan
I’m not sure it is related to family/duo/account ..

As it is 1 app .
For instance .. when you move from free to premium .. you do not change app
SUGGESTED POSTS