Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops and starts playing by its self

Music stops and starts playing by its self

Recently the Spotify app on my iPhone 6+ has developed a mind of its own to the point that it's basically unusable. It's constantly stopping, starting or skipping songs by its self. When it does this it plays the 3 tones it plays when you press the play button so it's not a network issue. Let me share a few of the things that have happened:

I pick my phone up in the morning, turn the screen on without unlocking the phone just to read any notifications I've gotten during the night. Spotify starts playing music.

I'm walking down the street. Phone is in my pocket, screen locked. Music stops playing. I take the phone out of my pocket and the music starts again without me doing anything. Put phone back in pocket music stops, starts, skips forward in the track, stops, starts, skips to the next song, stops, starts. This all happens with the screen locked and phone in my pocket. Spotify is obviously freaking out so I take the phone out of my pocket, open it and force quit the app. Music starts playing. The app is not even open, I double check the list of running apps. Confirm that Spotify is not running yet still playing music.

Uninstalling then reinstalling the app has done nothing.
3 Replies

Please help i have the same issue it started two days ago I thought i was crazy

I'm having this problem in just started today while I was trying to play music it would just skip 4 or 5 songs and would do this everything I clicked on a song then played 2nseconds of it and then not work

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We suggest you to start with the steps from this article to make sure your accounts are secured. 

Let us know if you experience the same behavior afterwards,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts