Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Solved!

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi,

I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? 

Internet connection 120 Mb

WLAN N router

LAN 1Gbps 

Please Help...

296 Replies

I was able to get this fixed.  I deleted all browsing history aapps topped all running apps.  I uninstalled Spotify.  I shut down iPad completely.  Started iPad and downloaded/installed Spotify.  Shutdown the iPad completely.  Started iPad and then tested Spotify.  This time it worked.  I followed this exact procedure before but for some reason this time it worked.

This is STILL an issue on iPhone (latest app version and latest iOS). This might sound grumpy but I'm not interested in homemade workarounds! I want the issue to be fixed!

Cheers!

Same thing here. Ipad 2 and all software up to date. Just stops and freezes. I am also going to give up being a premium member if this issue is not fixed soom.

I have the same problem on my iPad 3 and iPhone. Both with latest updates. 

I can listen for a very long time but sometime when I skip to the next track or chose another album, spotify stops playing.

I have to shut down spotify completely to listen to music again.

Hope there will be a fix soon!

Guys, we haven't checked in on this thread in a while as it's gone quiet (a good thing, we hope!)

Can anyone confirm that they're still getting this issue? Or better yet, not getting it?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

As I stated on September 10, this is unfortunatly still an issue.

Maybe you guys haven't checked this thread since it was marked "solved" for reasons unknown.

Yes, it is still an issue.

100MB broadband - no other devices / software applications experience same issue.

Loved the app but this one issue means that I rarely use it now.  I do believe the same issue exists on MacBook Pro's.

Still an issue here too.

iPad2

App version 0.5.9.10

25 MB/s internet connection

When zapping quickly through tracks, suddenly, buffering occurs at the beginning af a track. When sound quality is set to Extreme, the buffering takes ages and I need to restart the app before I can play any new tracks. When Quality is set to Normal, buffering time is much shorter (at most 10 seconds).

Hope this issue is solved soon, since it is very annoying.

By me also! 😞 

After i skip alot of songs a doesn't load often the song anymore..

When i change from wifi, (120mb) or adsl. Sometimes it loads songs e few and then it stops again with loading.

ive an:

ipad 3

os 6.0.1

netherlands

Spotify 05 9 10

Hope you can help me!

ciao merijn

Yes it is still an issue. I have found no way of repeating it. This just randomly appears.

I'm sorry? Is the support policy at Spotify to wait until everyone reports an issue, then, during a lull in the otherwise relentless pursuit of an answer, assume the issue has resolved itself?  An update from Spotify would be a step in the right direction. What have you done, if anything, to assiyou your users? I suspect nothing, we'll invite you to provide a detailed analysis of this widespread issue.  Appalling customer service. Clearly it is still an issue. I imagine most users are just so stick to the teeth in getting nowhere that they lose the wil to complain further. Hardly a testament to your service. 

Well put THUK! This is beyond annoying! And to add insult to injury: the radio and search functionality is getting worse by the minute! How can a app get worse over time? One would expect it to be the other way around.

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...  So what is the solution to this problem?

Yup. Still a problem. How about we actually, I dunno, get something fixed for a change?

Hooray I think I have a solution.

You have to do a 'clean uninstall' before reinstalling. This involves turning off your ipad completly before reinstalling the spotify app.

Spotify are making an assumption that we all know what 'Clean uninstall' means, when the reality is that most folk like me are completly IT lingo ignorant.

I had been deleting the app and simply reinstalling it without tutning off ipad complety and then re-booking it.

Good luck hsppy listening!

All working a treat now!!!

Marked as solution

Hooray I think I have a solution.

You have to do a 'clean uninstall' before reinstalling. This involves turning off your ipad completly before reinstalling the spotify app.

Spotify are making an assumption that we all know what 'Clean uninstall' means, when the reality is that most folk like me are completly IT lingo ignorant.

I had been deleting the app and simply reinstalling it without tutning off ipad complety before re-booting it.

Good luck happy listening!

Suggested posts