Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Solved!

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi,

I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? 

Internet connection 120 Mb

WLAN N router

LAN 1Gbps 

Please Help...

296 Replies

Hey everybody, http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Spotify-throttling/td-p/1205489/highlight/f... Please see the fix here! It's a DNS workaround and so far is working for me but I haven't tested it for very long yet. Before though, it wouldn't even play!

@TED209 wrote:
Hey everybody, http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Spotify-throttling/td-p/1205489/highlight/f... Please see the fix here! It's a DNS workaround and so far is working for me but I haven't tested it for very long yet. Before though, it wouldn't even play!
Weird. What about the people not on Virgin, will this work for us? My free rdio trial has ended 😞

I'm on. Virgin and I've tried the dns switch and I still get the problem

@steve1234 wrote:
I'm on. Virgin and I've tried the dns switch and I still get the problem
Yeah, that's the thing with intermittent problems like this. People think they've found the fix but they're just getting lucky! I predict TED coming back in a few hours and saying "sorry guys, seems to have done nothing, problem is back again" 😛

Im using ipad 3 with spotify, changed dns to 8888 in ipad's wifi menu Setting / wifi / my connection / dns. So far streaming is ok, but it is late night so that doesnt count for nothing I guess? Unfortunately, searching for an artist didn't work out after half an hour an led to non-responsivess from the app...music kept on playing...

The other thing that doesn't work on my iPad is downloading for offline play. Works fine on my iPhone but not on iPad. Sigh...

Same shizzle over here.

iPad 2

latest ios version, latest iPad app.

No problems streaming through windows on a laptop. 

If this continues I'll quit my premium subscription. Not paying $10 a month for crappy quality.

My story: iPad was working fine with old iPhone app, but since upgrade to new iPad app, spotify is unusable. Stuttering playback and slow loading art. I appreciate this may be a Virgin issue and not a Spotify issue but when the problem users are having is actually with the Spotify product I think it's only reasonable that we should approach Spotify looking for help. Have cancelled premium and am trialling Rdio (which works fine on my Virgin Media connection!) I've been premium for 3 years but won't pay for something which is broken, regardless of who's "fault" it is.

Hi all Had all of the problems with the new and ios4 app in the last few weeks on iPad 2 and iPhone 3gs, I'm on virgin media. Tried the DNA change last night and had 2 hours of faultless playback - again later at night so could have just been quiet time but had problems at all hours of the day before. Been out since early today but just played a full Neil young album with no stalls or hanging - it did crash about 5 minutes in and had to be re-started bu used to occasionally do this anyway. Off out again but will test again later. Here's hoping, very strange to see it has not worked for all of us though so still expecting it to be a short lived victory..... Shame it took a punter to find this one out and not anyone formally involved with spotify or virgin media.......

No luck for me with the DNS change, played for an hour after but returned to stuttering eventually.
Marked as solution

I used this app this morning using my t-mobile 3G Mobile broadband connection only.... same issue....stop start stop start
Marked as solution

Going off topic for a minute, can you please take the time to review my idea in the ideas community:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Group-Library-by-Artist-then-Album-A-Z/idi-p/66015

I think it makes a lot of sense. Rdio does it this way. If you agree please give kudos and let's get it changed!!!!!

I've been experiencing this since the upgrade and it's infurating and unacceptable for paying members. I am not streaming high quality. It is even happening with downloaded playlists.

iPad 3 and iPhone 4s

iOS 5.1

Spotify: latest version

United States

Carrier: Verizon

Since downloading the new iPad app, it won't let me listen past the first minute of the song. It doesn't make any difference whether I'm offline or online. Am paying £10 a month for this. So annoying.

Hmmm...playback seemed ok for the past two days. Changed dns settings in iPad wifi menu to 8888. Just started Spotify app on iPad 3 and gaps in playback are back! Dont believe this! Getting sick and tired...

Well, I'm glad that I came across this thread. I am having the same problems with the new iPad app. Worked fine before, now cutting out. If they don't sort it soon, I'm off. I've been a subscriber for a while but this completely spoils my enjoyment of the service.

Oops, my dns wasnt at 8888....changed an hour ago and playback is flawless.

I'm having the same issues accross all my devices (Laptop, iPad, Phone) and have been for the last week. - Internet connection is fine, other streaming services work fine. This sucks. 

I am having the same issues with buffering since the new iPad app came out.

As a paying customer I hope you can fix this soon, especially as there isnt anything on the site detailing that you recognise the issue.

Streamed music for about an hour at work today no problem. At home tonight on Virgin 30 Mb running at full speed I have the worst ever performance- about 60 seconds wait for tracks to start, followed after about 5 secs of music by long silence. Spotify, please give u some feedback on this issue and fix it. I love Spotify, but this really is getting ridiculous.

Suggested posts