Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Solved!

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi,

I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? 

Internet connection 120 Mb

WLAN N router

LAN 1Gbps 

Please Help...

296 Replies

Anyone knows how to contact a spotify official directly?

This forum seriously doesn't solve anything. All we users have achieved so far is just a 16 page complaint of the app not working and a flooded mailbox, while spotify just relaxes and probably doesn't even read the problems.

I am not going to wait any longer before i can finally use my iphone again to listen to spotify. The only reason i still have the premium subscription is because my ISP pays for it, if that wasn't the case i would be gone FAR from spotify.

This problem has been going on for the past two weeks, that is €5 just thrown in the waste bin.

I am almost going to retire all Spotify and tell my ISP to end the subscription, it doesn't make a difference for me but it will stop the money flow to Spotify as they clearly do not deserve it.

Iv got the same problem, i thought it was my internet then realised i had 9mps which, whilst not as fast as you should be more than enough, and it seems to have started ever since the latest app update. 

I think they really need to fix these buffering issues or they're gonna lose people quick.

I'm having this problem too, with both an iPad 3 and an old iPod Touch- constant cut outs, songs taking ages to start etc. Both my devices are running the latest version of iOS.

I just upgraded to Premium, having never had these problems with Unlimited and desktop Spotify. I've cancelled my Spotify subscription and am giving Rdio a go (working perfectly so far), but hopefully Spotify will fix this soon- until then there's no reason to pay for it 😞

I'm sick and tired of this! I love spotify and all its features, as I am an avid music enthusiast. Mainly because I love to run listening to my favorite songs as it gives me motivation during my long runs. I've been doing several races lately and have had Spotify crash on me several times during the race... Which meant there goes 15 seconds off my race time, getting my iPod out of my pocket, fiddling with Spotify, and choosing the right playlist I was listening to. 15 seconds might not sound too bad, but any runner knows that those tiny moments lost to an inconvenience could have put you up 5-10 slots during the final results. The one thing I ask from Spotify is its reliability, especially since I'm paying a monthly fee for the service. Whatever new features you're working on or sites you plan to pair up with in the future, sack those plans - put this as a top priority. There's absolutely no point in paying $9.99/month for an app that crashes after 1 minute.

Keep posting guys...I think spotify servers have bandwith issues. It needs to be solved. No fun playing spotify at this time, but so far...no news!!!

Yesterday hickups in the music in ipod and ipad. Windows no problems. I am still in the trialperiod. Today I start testin Music Unlimited from Sony. Since the 22th of may they also have an ipod app for streaming music.

Edit; playback Music Unlimited on ipod and ipad was not flawlles.

Start testing Deezer.

ISP is Ziggo Netherlands.

Marked as solution

Provider Ziggo and live in the Netherlands. Last weeks the IPad, iPhone application stops playing music all the time. Also have problems with the Western Digital TV live hub. Testing with Deezer on the moment.

Hi chatbuzz, Same here, ziggo isp. Changed dns settings of wifi to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. Haven't had any problems since.
Marked as solution

Have tested Deezer, ipad HD app. Playback is flawless. ISP is Ziggo Netherlands.

Even if DNS is part of the solution, what do those of us do who use the Internet setup at work? Public wifi? We can't change DNS there.

Just playing Eurovision 2012 songlist. Noticed that music on ipad (airplaing with apple tv on onkyo receiver) stopped playing, when starting google chrome on notebook.

Marked as solution

All systems are up and feeling jolly good (according Spotify) 

but at the moment i've no connection. Anone else too?

IPS is Ziggo Netherlands

Indeed. No connection witch PC (''ofline") or iPhon 😞

Hello,

Copied from the Spotify Status Twitter - "We will have a 15 minute maintenance at 13:00 CET today. Some users might have login issues during this time. Update will follow." - You guys might be connecting to the server that is undergoing maintenance. Hopefully you'll be back up shortly.
Airhorn Enthusiast

OK, great. I'll add @SpotifyStatus on my twitter.

Anyone else noticing improvement in spotify service. Just played Sinea O'Connor 'How about I Be Me' winthout cutt offs, etc. ISP Ziggo Netherlands

No improvements, problems still there. Used other DNS servers and no difference.

Still having problems, but the problems only occur with the iPad app which was yesterday unusable.

Hello.

This might be a little aside, but we just released an update to the Spotify application. Pop over to your App Store and it should be waiting for you. Any further tests would be best to try on this new application.

In regards to some users on Virgin, Rorey posted an update right here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-songs-buffering-very-slow/m-p/71421#M6589
Airhorn Enthusiast

Testing with new apps:

ipod touch: still the same, hickups.

ipad: nothing changed, good playback.

ISP Ziggo Netherlands.

Suggested posts