Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Solved!

New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi,

I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? 

Internet connection 120 Mb

WLAN N router

LAN 1Gbps 

Please Help...

296 Replies

Same issues here, have 50 mbit ziggo line in Utrecht Netherlands. All other streaming services work perfectly, except Spotify. I am about to end my 2 year long subscription. Such a shame, really... Using it on Windows 7 and xp, Android 2.3 phone, iphone and ipad ios 5. Wake the f@ck up Spotify!!! Used to be a real fan, and now you're letting all of us down. If it was just a hickup, I'd be ok with it, but now it is just **bleep** disappointing...

I'm not saying it isn't Spotify. I just don't see a lot of KPN or UPC peeps around here. And I agree the problem isn't my speed, but maybe Ziggo throttles P2P too, like Virgin does...

If ziggo p2p is trottthling, why is my Windows spotify not affected. iPad, etc. is uiting the same ziggo connection.

Windows is normally fine on Virgin, too. My feeling is that since the new iPad/iPhone apps, different servers are being used by those apps, hence the problems.

It was exceptionally crap yesterday. I took that opertunity to test all my platforms and I'm sure yesterday's hiccups were platform independent. The PC client was just as lousy. Whatever that means...

Same here, provider is Ziggo in NL.

It's a shame that we as customers are investigating the problem... If it was a throttling problem, shouldn't we have problems downloading large software applications like Windows or Photoshop etc...? I mean this ( I hope) has nothing to do with these Piratebay things over here in Holland, we're Internet providers have to block certain sites by law. I also wonder why there isn't a support department / mail address for support ?
Sonos ZP, Sonos S5, Arcam A28, Monitor Audio RX6, Ziggo network, iPad, Samsung S3 mini

It's happening to me on Verizon in the US. I am having trouble with nothing but spotify. I also work at a place with an -amazing- connection for a huge company and it doesn't work there either.

Today, Sunday, even problems at noon, unable too listen to Birdy with 5-6 interrupts and finally it stopped. I did the Ziggo speed test 12ms/49,9Mbits/4,8Mbits.
Sonos ZP, Sonos S5, Arcam A28, Monitor Audio RX6, Ziggo network, iPad, Samsung S3 mini

Was testing spotify on  Ziggo Netherlands from 12.00 to 14.00, using apple tv for airplay to onkyo 875 receiver:

ipod touch - hickups;

ipad3  - hickups;

windows (with airlfoil airplay to apple tv) - no hickups.

Als tested sony music unlimited app on ipod touch, with apple tv and onkyo 875 receiver: hickups.

For what it's worth, Ziggo support points the finger at Spotify without going into details. I'll be back when I have more to share.

I started Spotify one night this week, right after the update was released, and after a minute of waiting it had played for about a whopping 6 seconds!  So I decided to try one last thing before cancelling my subscription, and I changed the DNS settings on my iOS devices (iPhone 3GS and iPad 1).  Was suggested on one of these forums, and it's easily done on iOS.

To my surprise, streaming worked flawlessly after that, and I've had almost no issues since (played over 6 hours on different times).  So at least for Ziggo users, I can recomment you try setting up your DNS to use google's server:

IP 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4  Google it if you want to make sure this isn't a scam.

Best,

HM.

Marked as solution

@Agent_Mulder

as far as I know I cannot change the DNS from the Sonos Zoneplayer, so do you mean I have to change the DNS setup at the modem/router?

I have changed my modem (Ziggo Ubee) / router (WNDR3700) accordingly.

We wil see in the next few days...

I've also changed DNS on my ipod. First results ipod is more stable, but still few hickups.

Edit: 10 minutes further, several hickups. This is no solution. 

ISP = ziggo Netherlands

I have the same problem. I thought that the problem was the location were I had my ipad located, but changing this din`resolve the problem. I also have updated with the latest version , but still having the breaks. If this is not changing , I will stop using Spottily and ask a refund for my premium account.

same here.

Is setup the new DNS, then I switched everything off, waited a few minutes and then powerd my modem, router, Sonos etc..

At fitst it seemed ok, but this evening I had a few dropouts and at some moment I was unable to reconnect to Spotify Using the Sonos. I am really getting frustrated about this, it's going on for weeks now.

Just listened on ipod touch eurovision list for the first time withoud hickups. Two things have changed:

- since today i am a paying customer of spotify;

- i use apple tv to airplay the music to my receiver, apple tv had today an update.

Another thing was that i was charging the ipod touch. 

Maybe the cause of the problem was bad interaction between the apple tv and the ipod????

ISP Ziggo Netherlands

Try this DNS: 208.67.222.222 "OpenDNS", it's called. The Google DNS never worked for me, but, somehow, be it the recent transit of Venus or whatever (!), this is working. I found it when googling around for a similar stuttery problem with the iPad YouTube app (also fixed by this DNS change!) Good luck everybody

Suggested posts