New iPhone 14 loads my wife's playlists won't load my own

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device iPhone 14 Pro Max 128

Operating System

iOS 16.2

Downloaded and installed Spotify on new Apple iPhone, it has my wife's play lists and NONE of my own.  Tried signing out and signing back in, same issue.  Tried deleting from the phone and re-installing it, same result. It seems to be identifying my wife's part of the account on my phone and won't let me change it to my own.  My account and lists are intact on my computer, so it is not that they got erased.

1 Reply

It sounds like the Spotify app on your new iPhone is somehow linked to your wife's Spotify account rather than your own. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Make sure you're logged into your own Spotify account: When you open the Spotify app on your iPhone, tap the "Home" tab in the bottom left corner, then tap the "Settings" gear icon in the top right corner. Scroll down to the "Social" section and make sure the account listed there is your own. If it's not, tap "Log Out" and then log back in with your own Spotify username and password.

Check your subscription status: If you're both using a shared Spotify account, make sure that your subscription is still active and that you haven't reached the device limit for your account. If you're using separate accounts, make sure that your own account is a paid subscription that allows for mobile streaming.

Clear the app cache and data: Sometimes clearing the app cache and data can help resolve issues with the app. To do this, go to your iPhone's settings, then tap "General," then "iPhone Storage." Scroll down to the Spotify app and tap on it, then tap "Offload App" to clear the app data. After that, reinstall the app and log in again with your own account information.

Suggested posts