Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No iPhone notifications for email, messages etc, when Spotify playing on Alexa device

No iPhone notifications for email, messages etc, when Spotify playing on Alexa device

For quite some time I have had the problem of  discovering a message or email on my iPhone, but there has been no notification at all

My phone has not lit up or given an audible notification, but when I tap the lock screen, there is a notification sitting there

I eventually found that the issue was caused by playing Spotify on an Alexa device, I then receive no notification on my iPhone.

I tested this by playing a track on Alexa and have my partner text me. My iPhone remained asleep. But when I tapped the iPhone screen the message was Sitting there. 

When Spotify is playing on the Alexa device, and I quit the Spotify app on my iPhone, then I will receive notifications.

However, if the Spotify app on my watch displays the current track, I will receive no notification on my iPhone, even though the app is not open on the iPhone, only on the watch 

I have also found that if the Spotify app is not active on my iPhone, but it is active on the watch, and I  change the iPhone volume, this changes the volume on the Alexa device, playing the Spotify track.

the only solution I have found is

1. uninstall the Spotify app from the watch,

2. when I start playing a track on the Alexa device, I have to quit the Spotify app on the iPhone as well.

This obviously is not ideal at all.

Sorry for such a detailed post, but it is a complex issue.

1 Reply

Hey there @labpig,

Thanks for reaching out. Just FYI we’ve moved your post to the relevant board in the Help section as it fits better there.

It seems that you have an issue with the notifications on your iOS when streaming on internal speakers. We would recommend checking our FAQ article on playing music from Alexa. It’s quite detailed and it’s very possible that you may find a solution to your issue there.

Also, while looking into your request we’ve come across a thread with a similar topic, where a lot of users and moderators are troubleshooting and sharing advice on the matter. You can take a look at it here and see if something will do the trick for you.

We hope your issue gets resolved soon. Please, keep us in the loop.

Have a wonderful day!

NikolaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts