Notification Center for Follower and Playlist Likes update

Notification Center for Follower and Playlist Likes update

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Iphone 7 Plus, Samsung Desktop PC

Questions about the new notifications update.

I just saw a post in a social media platform (and a spotify community post earlier this morning) about the new ios 8.8.30 that now there's a notifications bar where people can see who followed them/liked their playlists and it shows all the interactions that happened as far as december 2022, now my spotify app in my phone is updated but i don't have this feature yet so i'm assuming that it hasn't came to my country yet.

But I haven't yet seen an official post or news article about it. So i'll be glad if an admin can help out with this one.

My question is that is this update available for everyone, say in the USA? Is it only available for IOS users right now? Will it be available for every spotify user (no matter the country) once it's settled that it will be a feature or is this just a test run, developers trying out something etc. Is this for sure going to be a feature? Is it coming?

Second question is if i block someone will they be able to see my interactions with their profile up until the point i blocked them (following/liking playlists etc.) Or will it be not shown? And if i unblock them will it reappear?

And finally if i follow and unfollow them multiple times will they be able to see them all or is it going to be just one notification?

2 Replies

Hey @zeyxromione,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

This seems to be one of the changes we recently made. At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or you could get a new feature to try out temporarily. This explains why you can't see the feature on your side, even if your app is up-to-date.

Unfortunately, we don't have further info on this, but we understand where you're coming from. We’d love to hear your feedback so we can pass this along to the proper team, so feel free to let us know your comments on the matter in this thread.

Lastly, we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter here so you can be notified of the latest developments on the app.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm using Spotify for 7yrs now, and I just used two different account, and this is my 2nd account. And as a spotify user for a long time, I really like the feature that allows you to see notifications and likes of your playlist. I noticed that update few months ago, and I'm still hoping for that feature to be back. Please do a survey if people wants that feature or not, to see how many of us liked it. 

Suggested posts