Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now Playing not syncing when playing from Next in Queue

Now Playing not syncing when playing from Next in Queue

Now Playing not syncing when playing from Next in Queue, and Next in Queue not syncing between devices. Now Playing does appear to work when playing from Next From and Next From does appear to sync when songs change, but Now Playing from Next in Queue and Next in Queue syncing not working at all.

Plan: 
Premium

Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPad Pro 11 in 2nd Gen

Operating System: iOS and iPad OS 16.1 (yes, beta)

7 Replies

See attached

IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_2310.PNG

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Can you please explain the issue in a little bit more detail and maybe provide a video along with the explanation? We want to make sure we understand you correctly before we proceed with any troubleshooting steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It’s hard to get a video because different devices are involved.

Let’s say you start to play a full album or playlist by clicking the first song. You’ll be playing music from the “Next From” queue. “Now Playing” will properly reflect the song currently being played and will also reflect when the song changes.

While you are playing, you decide to insert a song into the queue. This will play from “Next in Queue”. “Now Playing” on other devices will not change while playing songs from the “Next in Queue” queue. “Now Playing” on other devices will in fact show the last song played from “Next From” until it is finished and will stop until the next song on the device which is actually playing from “Next From” starts playing. If you add more the one song to “Next in Queue”, other devices will appear as if you are not playing anything until “Next in Queue” is empty and picks up from the “Next From” queue.

It’s like the “Next in Queue” queue is device only while the “Next From” syncs across all devices.

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, would you mind checking if the same happens while using a different internet connection?

Also, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I rebooted my WiFi with no improvement.

I performed a clean reinstall on iPhone and iPad with no improvement

The issue occurs when listening on iPhone with iPad and "other" device and when listing open iPad when iPhone is the "other device.

Update: it looks like they are completely out of sync now, both the “Next From” and “Next in Queue”

Never mind. I am going to do something else

Suggested posts