Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.6

My Question or Issue

I use the latest iOS Spotify app and usually go to the library, then to the lable "podcast". Here I can see an overview of all podcasts I follow.

They should be sorted by "last update" - as selected in the corresponding field.

But here comes the problem: the podcasts are sorted by "last update" - but the information "last update" is wrong. A podcast that is published every friday (like last friday) has got the information, that it was last updated on 31.07.2020.

That's why the sorting rule is not working.

(It's not the sorting function but the information that is used for sorting).

IMG_4471.jpg
IMG_4472.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @max166,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try logging out and back in again a few times? This'll prompt a resync of your library with the servers. You can also clear the cache of the app.

Did this resolve the issue? Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @max166,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try logging out and back in again a few times? This'll prompt a resync of your library with the servers. You can also clear the cache of the app.

Did this resolve the issue? Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian,

a combination (in this order) of „log out“ in the app + uninstalling the app + clearing iPhone Cache (press volume up then volume down then hold power button = forced restart with cache clearing) worked for me!

Just uninstalling (i tried a few days before) did not work.

thank you very much!

Max

Hey @max166,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

I'm having this issue as well. The steps above fixed the "Updated" date for all of my podcasts, but after a few days of new episodes being released they are getting out of sync again. Is there a permanent fix? Something in the app is attaching to the wrong "last update" date.

I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro Max and Spotify v8.7.54.380.

Hey @cwholman,

Thanks for the reply.

This is most probably related to the cached data of the app. Could you make sure you've allowed Spotify to use the background app refresh settings on your iPhone? Here is how to do that. We can't be sure, that this'll fix it, but rest assured, we are striving for a constant improvement of the user experience on our platform.

As this issue may not rank higher than other ones, we cannot commit to a timeframe of a fix.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi @Dian,

the "fix" worked just for a few days - like @cwholman described it.

As you asked fot the "background refresh" I checked it on my iPhone. "Background refresh" for Spotify App was not activated. I activated it now. 

You will hear from me in a few days. I hope, that it's now solved. 🙂

Thanks a lot and cheers!

Max

Hi Dian,

I can confirm background refresh has always been enabled for Spotify, but the issue is still occurring.

Same problem here ....

Hey there @Marshall3911,

Thanks for the post.

Could you let us know the following info:

• Device model and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Country of your Spotify account

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey everyone! I sort my podcasts by recently updated but the dates for last episode uploaded are inaccurate on a lot of podcasts. Like Spotify will think a podcast last uploaded an episode months ago, but when you click on it, it’ll show you the last episode was added one day ago. So the order of podcasts in the list is inaccurate and I can’t tell exactly when a show added an episode. This issue is going on for months now and it's super annoying. If you unistall and reinstall the app it works correctly for some hours or a day and then it's messed up again.

Hey there @mrorso

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? Also, we'd like to know if this happens with only one podcast or with multiple ones. 

On another note, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey folks!

Following up on this once more 🙂
Please update the app to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists.
In case it still does, we'd like to ask you for the info requested in the previous post by @Alex!
Many thanks!

VasilModerator

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get the notification. It happens with all the podcast randomly, I listen to Italian and English podcasts and it happens with all of them. I know that other users have the same issue, anyway I'm on Android mobile on a Xiaomi Redmi 8. I'll add a screen recording as soon as I can.

Hi @mrorso,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you the the solution mentioned by @Dian and let us know if that helped?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi, I've tried all the possible solutions but no one worked.

All of these podcasts have been updated in the last few days but as you can see they are all wrong.

1667531027868.jpg

Hey @mrorso,

Thanks for your reply.

We've tested this on our end, but were unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please check your phone's settings and make sure that you've included Spotify as an exception in any battery or memory optimizing services?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Yes, I've checked it and that's not the problem, I also tried to log out/log in few times but the issue persists. Also, if you clear the cache, uninstall and reinstall the app it works for a few days but then it's messed up again.

Having exact same issue

Suggested posts