Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems syncing and pausing

Problems syncing and pausing

I'm a paid user and decided to spend money on it purely so I could access Spotify on my iPhone. I know the issues I've been having have been talked about in separate threads but there are numerous problems and I think there should be an easier way of getting assistance than spending hours trawling (mostly fruitlessly) through forums. For a while now Spotify on my iPhone has been pausing midway through songs - bizarrely it seems to be at exactly 1 minute 33 seconds each time, and then at about the same intervals throughout. I checked the forums re this a while ago and did everything they suggested - updated Spotify on both my phone and computer, restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled... and nothing worked. Not only did nothing work but since reinstalling Spotify on my phone my playlists won't sync properly. They had been fine beforehand but now it won't sync properly at all - it might sync a few songs and then get stuck (and stay stuck saying it's syncing the same song for hours) or it might tell me that nothing's been synced. It also forgets which playlists I've chosen to sync so I have to go through them every time I connect my phone to Spotify, and then when I try to use my phone in offline mode I find there's only about 20 tracks synced.

It's quite surprising that there would be so many consistent problems with a paid service and yet no efficient support facility. I'm getting really fed up of something I pay for being not unreliable but totally reliable.... in that it never seems to work.

3 Replies

I have exactly the same problem, the songs always pauses around 1.25 min. And I cant find my friends any more.

It starting to get really annoying to pay for a service that does not work.

Same problem here. Happening on both my ios and Samsung TV app. Really don't want to get rid of the app of the music but seriously considering leaving, happening to often now. If its not working properly (and had been for months) then what am I paying for.

I haven't had the issue with songs pausing yet, but the synching has completely tanked. I am only trying to sync two playlists, each with only about 25 - 30 songs, and it will stall out. I have tried everything from restarting my iPhone, to turning off/on the wifi connection, and turning the syncing feature off for a bit and then back on...My main agreement though is that for a paid service, to have no dedicated email or number for customer support is quite pathetic...I may as well just cancel my subscription

Suggested posts