Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rewind getting stuck

Rewind getting stuck

Recently I've been having problems when with the rewind function getting stuck. So when playing a song if I hold down the rewind button to scan back and then release, it keeps rewinding even after I've stopped touching the rewind. It keeps rewinding till it gets to the beginning of the song then keeps rewinding the first second of the song. I have to close Spotify & reopen to be able to play the song. I've tried uninstalling the app & reinstalling but that didn't work. It's been happening for days.
9 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? 

If this happens only on a specific device, could you try logging out and then logging back in twice in a row? This will trigger a sync between your device and account. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists afterwards, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni

Thanks, it was only on 1 device & your suggestion of logging off & on twice in a row has fixed it!

Hi @Katesam

Thanks for letting us know. 

Fantastic news! If you ever need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Unfortunately I spoke too soon, that wasn't the solution!

Logging out twice in a row fixed it for a day then it started again.  I've also tried the clean uninstall suggestion but that also didn't work.  It's happening on other devices too and I can see online a lot of other people are having the same issue.

This is so frustrating it's making Spotify unusable for me and I'm close to cancelling my subs and switching to someone else after years of using Spotify  Please help me!

As requested previously, here's a video clip of what's happening - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Owz88RQ9KW11XguVVkUpd4qksFsW59qB/view?usp=sharing 

Hey @Katesam,

Thanks for the reply and the video.

Could you share the Spotify version you're using so we can relay the info to our tech team? We also need the iOS version.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Originally, it was only happening when rewinding while connected to CarPlay, but now it’s happening even when just using my phone. I’m on Spotify version 8.8.28 running iOS 16.4.1. 

I’m having the exact same issue listed above. Logging out and back in twice fixed it but only for a very short period of time. I’m running version 8.8.27.448 on IOS 16.5. I hope there’s a solution for this ASAP. 

Hi. I’m running Spotify 8.8.26.446 on iOS 16.4.1

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

We can confirm that our tech team is aware of this behavior and they're currently looking into it. Even though we can't tell you an exact time frame for this to be fixed, we advise you to keep your app up to date so you don't miss out on any improvements.  

Cheers! 

EniModerator

Suggested posts