Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing Spotify Tracks

Solved!

Sharing Spotify Tracks

Wondering if someone can help me.  I have been a subscriber for over a year now, and withi nthe past 3 days now, whenever i try to share a track with someone via SMS, when i click the SMS button it longer opens a text box to text the track, it jsut closes back to the options on sharing a track i.e spotify people, facebook, twitter etc....I can still copy the track link and add it to a text, but i liked hte SMS feature because it inlcuded the name and artist of the shared song within the text body.  I am using potify on a iPhone 5S.  I have reset phone, dleted and reinstalled app, logged out of spotify.  Still nothing has worked 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Edit: Offensive content in violation of the community guidelines removed.

"Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post information in the Community. Avoid racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive language that could be considered detrimental to other users, or Spotify employees or moderators."

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hi @dpanhel and welcome to the community 🙂

Have you tried a clean reinstall of the app? This will cause the loss of offline tracks.

I haven't seen any other messages relating to this error, however I'll ask some other iOS users to check 🙂

Liam

yes, this morning i deleted the app and reinstalled, but it still dod not correct the issue.  I even when i hit to share viua email, a new email box opens up then immedaitly closes.  

Strange, just tested this out of my 4S and it seems okay. 

What version of iOS are you running exactly? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Im running iOS7.0.3 on a iphone 5S.  The weird thing is it wasa working last week.  no updates to OS or i did not see a spotify app update either.  

Same problem here, only share to Facebook or Spotify users works.
And that only partially works as I can only see friends that are on fb which is very annoying!

iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0.3, Spotify 0.8.0.57

Before I escalate this as a bug, can someone try giving their device a full reboot by holding down the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then try again?

Peter

Peter

Just tried this Peter & still not working, thanks.

Exactly the same has been happening with me since I have moved from my iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5S. On older devices all the sharing functionalities seem to be working though. And I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times and did a reset of the device by pressing and holding the power & home button until it restarts the device. No luck 😞

I can confirm this is a known issue (sharing broken on iPhone 5(S)) - so the team are aware of it. 

Peter

Peter

This issue is on iPad Air too.

Make me think thatthe issue runs with A7 processor

Now that I have an iPad Air and an iPhone 5S, noone will know what I am listening too.

Any help would be nice.

I am having this same issue.  After upgrading to iPhone 5S I am no longer able to share tracks via Twitter or SMS.  Please fix bug.

Spoiler

As @Peter said, the team is aware of this bug and working on a fix.

Marked as solution

Edit: Offensive content in violation of the community guidelines removed.

"Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post information in the Community. Avoid racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive language that could be considered detrimental to other users, or Spotify employees or moderators."

Hi, i have problem sharing spotify url with copy url funcion with my friend.. every time that i'm sharing a link the link is the first track of the album instead the one that i shared out 😕 also for my friend in different device the same problem.. i use the spotify italian version

Where are you copying the link from exactly @andbcn and can you post an example here?

Peter

"Share" feature for mobile app still not working after iOS 7.0.4 update. This bug is still not fixed.

Same Problem.

iPhone 5s with 7.04 with 7.0.4 (11b554a )

I can´t  share music that i am playing by twitter.

The others options goes fine but imposible tu share via twitter.

Has this issue been fixed?  I am having the same issue on an iPhone 5C with 7.1.2 on it.  I have deleted, reset and reinstalled and still no joy.  AT&T is my carrier.

Thanks,

Jenn

Sharing songs over the iPhone works just as well! Tried sharing over Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and generating the link.

Have you tried to do a clean reinstallation?
https://support.spotify.com/sg-en/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts