Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle feature not working

Shuffle feature not working

I have a premium account. I can’t enable shuffle to my liked songs while “Enhanced” mode is turned on. I can’t even click the icon when I do, it automatically reverts to playing songs in order.
6 Replies

Hey there, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you?

We'd recommend to clear cached files on your device following the steps in this article. Old cache can interfere with the app's performance and cause issues. 

If a family member has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

In case it does, try performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. This is more thorough than a regular one. It'll also get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Let us know how things work out,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’ve tried a reinstall, log in/out, and clearing cache  but the issue still persists. 

Hey @1aaronr,

Thank you for the update!
To find out if this is account- or device-related, you can try logging into Spotify on a different mobile device and test if the app behaves the same way.
It would also be good if anyone else can log into yours and do the same.

Aside from that, could you provide us with your device + its OS version?
If possible, send us a screenshot as well 🙂
We'll be on the lookout for your response!
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I also have this issue. This exists on all of my devices. Android phone,  windows computer and Mac. I have premium and can not click the shuffle button on my Playlists. On my phone it says "You've discovered a premium feature!".

This is very upsetting, makes me not want to use spotify not being able to shuffle at all. 

Screenshot_20221108-155110_Spotify.jpg

Hey @alech1215,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We'd like to gather as much info as possible in order to advise you better, so it'd be great if you can share with us what troubleshooting you've tried so far. This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

In the meantime, you can try recreating this issue with a different account. If a friend or a family member has a Spotify account,  it'd be a good idea to ask them to log in on your devices to see if the app will behave the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

LyubkaModerator

Same thing is happening to me. I turned on the enhanced shuffle thing and it will let me change back to regular shuffle, but those are the only two options I seem to have 😞

Suggested posts