Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some playlists do not sync

Some playlists do not sync

I've been having a pretty annoying problem with some of my playlists. As we all know, Spotify's mobile app does not allow sorting by name, artist, etc., so I made three separate playlists, one for sorted albums, another for artists, and another for titles. When I try to sync to my iPad or Android, these playlists fail to sync. Their titles show, but they each contain 0 songs. I have other playlists that do not contain my entire library, and these work fine. Any tips or solutions?

Note: I have tried deleting and remaking the playlists, restarting the devices, and reinstalling the apps. None of these work.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey 🙂

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Having the same problem, I copied my playlists to a new non-facebook account, and the playlists just show empty on my iPhone. Restarted the app, logged out and in, nothing worked. And my playlists fail to update across PCs as well. Christ I'm sick of paying this service.

I have a similar problem; I 'm really disappointed in Spotify. I paid 9.99 pounds so that I could take the spotify music with me on my iPod. When I click on synchronize with Ipod it always blocks and the synchronization fails.  It s so disappointing. I wish I could get a refund. 

@Brechtvanneste wrote:

I have a similar problem; I 'm really disappointed in Spotify. I paid 9.99 pounds so that I could take the spotify music with me on my iPod. When I click on synchronize with Ipod it always blocks and the synchronization fails.  It s so disappointing. I wish I could get a refund. 

What sort of iPod are you using?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts