Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specific Songs Refuse to Sync on iPhone 5s

Specific Songs Refuse to Sync on iPhone 5s

I have been having a hard time syncing some local files on my iPhone5s. I have more than enough storage on my phone and am on the same wifi as my desktop... I am under the limit of synced songs per device, but no matter what I do it will not let me sync certain songs from my itunes library or my music folder in finder (I'm on a Mac).

It's weird because I can add other songs just fine, but for some reason it refuses to let me sync anything from the Battlestar Galactica soundtracks (by: Bear McCreary) or anything from Blizzard (Diablo III or WoW soundtracks), or anything that I've bought/downloaded from Soundcloud, including a few various misc. songs. I'm curious if Spotify will block certain artists or specific albums from being synced in local files. Although, I can sync the Caprica soundtrack just fine and that's by Bear McCreary, as well.

All of my mp3s (they're all in MP3 format) have been legitimately paid for (mostly bought on iTunes), so I'm not quite sure what the issue is. All of the file names look okay and don't have any weird symbols or quotations in the titles. I've tried deleting and reinstalling Spotify both on my iPhone and on my desktop several times with no change. All of the local files will play on the desktop version just fine but refuse to sync to my phone.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

spotify.png
5 Replies

Hi there, 

I'm having the same problem.

It looks like the issue came along with the new update. Before that everything was alright,

Never encountered it before. Also using a iPhone 5S with plenty of storage left.

All of my local files show up just fine on my computer, though they won''t sync with the playlists on my phone.

I also tried reinstalling and re-sync the playlists on my phone but none of that seemed to work.

Having the same problem, appeared 1 week ago, after sw update of my iPhone. Using MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 with Spotify Version 0.9.15.27.g87efe634 and iPhone 5S iOS 8.3 with Spotify Version 2.9.0.1954.

Some local MacBook mp3s are still playable on my iPhone, some just not. I can't get a new sync working at all. Annoying! I'm a music producer and this is one of my tools to listen on mixing results in my car using my iPhone. I have to bring my MacBook around... 

Please find the bug!

I found a work around, more than a solution, thanks to this community! 

Year 2012 "Macrometa" wrote:

On your mac, instead of joining a network, create one, no password.

On your phone, join the network you created.

Set the playlist as an offline playlist

voila.

That worked for me, hopefully it will work for you. (don't forget to rejoin your network afterwards on both devices or you'll be without internet)

That worked for me as well! But the procedure seems to be used to get new sync done, so a bug is still around...

I'm having the same problem...

Hi there folks,

Thank you for posting in the Community. We just came across this thread.

@pachanga55 - can you let us know your device + OS?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you're having?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts