Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Apple Watch App crashes after pressing the "downloads" menue.

Spotify Apple Watch App crashes after pressing the "downloads" menue.

No downlods possible to use the offline mode, because the app is crashing after pressing the "donloads" menue.
skipping songs or playlists is no problem.
I have a apple watch se second generation newest update (WatchOS 9.3)
My phone is a iphone 13 also newest update.
On the iphone and the watch the latest Spotify app version is installed
7 Replies

Hey @BastiZipf,

Sorry to see this is happening!

Could you follow the steps below and let us know if the issue persists?

1. Uninstall Spotify on the watch and redownload the app
  2. Uninstall Spotify and unpair the watch, then re-pair the watch and redownload Spotify

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan   - ATT (cellular and GPS)

Free/Premium - Family Plan

Country - USA

Device - Apple Watch 7 

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System - iOS 16.2

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

On my Apple Watch 7, when I click download it closes spotify on the watch.  I've removed and re-added spotify on the watch.  It's on the same network as my Iphone 14 Pro.  It's streaming from my phone.  I'm using wi-fi.  Also, when I go to Playlists on my watch and choose a playlist (every playlist EXCEPT favorites) it says "Something went wrong, check your connection and try again".  If you click "try again" it does a glitchy flash and then reappears with the same message.  I have not downloaded any playlists to the apple watch yet.  

I have the same problem. I have Apple watch 7 cellular and the app crashes when I hit downloads. I also get the "something went wrong" error when I try to play a downloaded playlist.

Hey @RevaNaadi,

Thanks for your reply here and for the info shared. 

In this case, would you mind sending us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? We'd like to know what steps you've taken so far, so we can suggest some other options.

If you haven't yet, we suggest you start off with a clean reinstall of the app on your smartphone and on your watch. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps for doing it here.

On another note, we'd recommend checking if there are some pending updates in both your watch and your mobile device. If yes, try updating the app and the devices to check if you notice any difference.

Lastly, if after trying all of the above this behavior persists, can you share with us the make/model and OS of the watch along with the make/model and OS of the mobile device it's paired with? Please add the exact Spotify version you're running there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

This CONSTANTLY happens with me... There is definitely something wrong with the app that they can't address. It does this no matter how many times I uninstall and re-install. 

This isn't a user error, there's tons of threads on websites about how **bleep** your app is when using the downloaded playlist. You guys need to get your development team on this, as it's annoying as **bleep** for people that paid for premium and your app doesn't even function as sold...... Or else you're going to be known as the "Something went wrong" app.  Seriously. No idea why I keep starting my workouts with your app, and then when it crashes I have to go to Apple Music. I should just pay them and build my playlists there, at least it's reliable. 

Hey folks,

Apologies for the late reply.

If you haven't already, please send us the following so we can forward this issue to the relevant team for further investigation:

• Your device model, OS version and Spotify version
  • A short video of the issue

Thanks!

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts