NEXT STEP

Spotify on Apple Watch doesn't work anymore

Spotify on Apple Watch doesn't work anymore

Plan: Premium

Device

iPhone 11 and Apple Watch 6 GPS

Operating System

iOS 14.6 watchOS 7.5

I can't change the song, spotify won't even let me connect to my phone (before uninstalling I was able to at least find my phone, now it's empty), can't see the songs, from my likes basically can't do anything on the app. This problem occured last night, before that I was able to listen to music from my watch on my airpods, didn't even need my phone for that. It's clearly an issue from the Spotify app as when I uninstall it, "playing now" from my watch at least lets me change the song...

It seems like nobody else has any problem besides "downloading songs", keep in mind I don't use that feature, be it on my iphone or watch.

I've obviously tried restarting my watch, uninstalled the app a bunch of times, turned off bluetooth on my apple watch, nothing works. Therefore, I conclude an update is in order to fix this, I don't normally keep track if an app updates on my watch, I only use it when I go out and was planning on going to the gym and listen on my watch, seems like the only solution as of right now is to go to Apple Music after like 4 years of using Spotify, that's sad.

75 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

@Joanne_Goh, can you list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

@emurph02, let us know the OS version of your phone and watch, and if you've tried any other troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello all,

Sorry for literally forgetting this exists for so long, I'm surprised that so many had this problem but only after I gave up trying, as I've mentioned "playing now" lets you do the job in case Spotify doesn't work, but you have to uninstall Spotify on the watch to access this.

To me, it seems like the only fix to this is restarting both devices and it'll work, but keep in mind only for a while before you have to do this all over again, thanks to everybody who replied but I have to admit there's no fix besides the solution I've mentioned, which is only temporary.

I have the exact same issue as you with the apple watch series 7 celular, did you find a fix as I have been on the chat with support for 2 hours at this point with no avail, starting to get a bit frustrated with it now.

cheers

Hi folks,

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Could you confirm that you've already performed all the steps shared throughout this thread by various mods?

It'll also be very helpful for us to know if the same issue persists even after you log in with a different account. For testing purposes, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Tried everything such as restarted phone and watch reinstalling app and resetting watch and the problem still persists. Spotify chat was no help either

Hi @Dan_c04,

Thank you for your reply. 

In order to investigate further, please share with us the model and OS version of your phone and watch, as well as the Spotify version you're running. 

Also, don't forget to let us know if you tested the devices with another account and if that made a difference.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hey All,

Having the same issue..

iPhone 12 Pro IOS 15.2 no pending updates

Apple Watch 6 GPS Cellular watchOS 8.3 no pending updates

Dealt with the issue on my last Apple watch (6 GPS) which resolved it self... After trouble shooting for an HOUR! the solution maybe was as follows: quipping Spotify application on all devices Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch turning all devices off for good measure. then turning them all back on and opening the app. I think it might have more to do with how the Spotify app connects between the devices which causes issues on the Watch App. 

Now Happily listing to 'Cause I Love You by Lenny Williams

I also have problems on my apple watch with Spotify, everytime I want to open the app on my apple watch, it closes immediately. It worked perfectly before, and now I can't do anything on the app on my watch. On my phone and laptop, it still works. Please help.

Hi @0410,

Thank you for reaching out in this post.

Could you let us know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps? 

If you haven't, please give a try to the steps shared throughout this thread. Many of them have worked for other users as well.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

hi @MafeG, 
Yes, I have tried the troubleshooting steps shared throughout this tread. I think almost all of them and none of them worked, I really don't know what to try anymore.

Best thing to do is change music providers at this point there app isn’t
good on the watch

Hi @0410,

Thank you for keeping in touch!

In order to investigate further, please let us know the model and OS of your phone and watch. 

Also, have you tried accessing with a different account to see if there's a difference. If you don't have another account, you can create a free one here for testing purposes, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Hi, i tried all of troubleshooting advices you mention in this thread. Any of them works

im running iPhone XS with iOS 15.1 and Apple Watch with version 8.3. 

any new advice for me? Thanks in advance!

Hi

My Spotify app on watch wont let me adjust the volume. All other controlls works fine and volumen adjusting works everywhere else but on Spotify.

I am using my iPhone 12 mini to start spotify and airplay to Sonos. Volume doesnt work. If I uninstall the spotify app from watch and use ”playing now” it works like it should. Everything works fine when playing on airpods and phone but not when airplaying to Sonos speakers.

I have tried to do several clean install and restarts on both apple watch and iphone. I have tried another account and it doesnt help either.

To sum up. Adjusting the volume when playing through airplay to sonos doesnt work in the Spotifys app on apple watch. Play pause etc does work.

Every device is up to date.

I have the Apple Watch 7 series and an iPhone 12 Pro and I'm currently also having problems with Spotify. They both have the last iOS update and the Spotify update, I did the troubleshoot actions, I even decoupled my watch from my iPhone and reinstalled everything which also didn't help.

The app on the watch often won't even open, it shows a loading icon and then Spotify shuts off again. A couple of times I could access the app but I have never been able to play music via my apple watch.

I would really like some help with this.

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out on this thread.

@Datero Just to confirm, when you've linked your iPhone to the Sonos speaker are you able to control the volume from the iPhone? 

Also, does the same happen if you connect to the speaker using Connect instead of AirPlay? 

@pazzy729 We understand you've already reinstalled the app, could you do it one more time following these specific steps? After that, make sure to unlink your Watch and link it again.

If the issue persists, could you confirm if you're connecting to some headphones, or does the same happen using the Watches' speaker? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hi, I’ve reinstalled the app with these steps and delinked and linked everything again. Unfortunately this didn’t help. 
I’m experiencing the problems with my AirPods Pro and with the watch speakers, it doesn’t make a difference. 

i have the same problem, i just bought it because i wanted to use spotify offline without my phone but it doesn’t not work, i tried all the troubleshooting and it still doesn’t work, i have the lastest version of everything. seriously why do they sell something but actually it does not work?

Hi. Yes it works fine from the iPhone and also if I use the ”Playing now” app from watch to adjust the volume. But when I use the spotify app the volume can´t be adjusted.

Suggested posts