Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify player bugged out

Spotify player bugged out

The player thing in Spotify has been bugged out for me for along time now I’m on the latest update I’ve deleted the app reinstalled tried everything still bugged

Plan

Premium

Country United States

Device

(iPhone 12

Operating System

(iOS 15

32197DD5-45EE-4338-91A3-BE2CFA460F3F.gif
9 Replies

Hi there @mm134

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to make sure, are the Home and Search screens changing automatically? 

If so, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your phone?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@eni I tried clean reinstalling and it didn’t do anything and it’s not switching back and forth automatically it’s more of a aesthetic bug you’re supposed to have a different looking player thing where you pause and play the music on the bottom but mine is glitched out it bounces up and down sometimes to and it’s the old player plus when I switch back and forth between home and search the bottom color goes black to grey this just started happening randomly awhile ago

Hi @mm134,

Thanks for the clarification.

This new iOS UI is still rolling out to all users, note that it might take some time for your UI to update. This is not something that can be done manually.

Regarding the difference in the color scheme - is this present in other menues as well?

What you can do is create a free account for test purposes and check whether the app behaves as expected there.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried creating another account and the pause play bar was the new one but when I go back on my account it’s the old one and glitched a little still so I guess maybe they just need to implement the new feature to everyone for it to be fixed

Hi @mm134,

Thank you for your reply!

Certainly, as @Alex mentioned this may be caused by the UI that is still being rolled out. Case in point, the way it is displaying properly on the new account. 

If you'd like to perform an additional test to get some more information, could you access your account with a different iPhone to check how the UI looks? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

@MafeG
Tried it on another iPhone and it’s still the old ui but it’s not glitching on the other phone

Hi @mm134,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

In this case it seems like this is being caused by the latest UI that is still being rolled out. Since those updates are rolled out progressively, you may notice differences when using other devices or accounts. 

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. For now, we'd recommend making sure your app is up to date so you don't miss any important updates.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

Here are some common fixes for any issues with the app: Restart the Spotify app. Log out and back in. Make sure the app is up-to-date.

Spotify is an extremely useless for people who want to travel at all. I am constantly asked to update my location and constantly advice the only way to do this is to deleted my account and start over. useless service

Suggested posts