Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing files to iPod nano

Syncing files to iPod nano

I've synced a playlist to my iPod, but Spotify forces all of my local files onto it. I only want that one specific playlist of songs on the device. Every time I uncheck the Local Files "playlist' on the device screen, Spotify crashes. Anyone know of a way around this or is this just how it is at the moment?

8 Replies

Uhh... I guess this can be ignored. Somehow it fixed itself?

yea i get this issue too and it's not going away. anyone?

means syncing my ipod is impossible cause i have way more local files than can fit on my ipod.

The only way i found around this with my iPod was to let it sync to fill the iPod and then once it stops because the iPod is full, remove the tracks again.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can someone help me with this, it's driving me nuts! I just want one album of locally stored music on my shuffle, sync'd via Spotify but every time I untick local files whilst under the 'devices' menu (i know 8459 trackswont fit onto a shuffle!!!) spotify Crashes...Sort this for me and i'll pay a tenner a month...Or will it only try to fill my shuffle with all my local files?

4 un/installs of Spotify havent sorted it so far, which is all I can find that tries to answer similar questions....

Cheers!

Its a common issue, unfortunately the only way I have found around it is to let Spotify try and sync everything and it will fail once your iPod is full and then remove the content you don't want.

Peter

Sounds a bit pointless really. I'd use iTunes.

thanks - but how do delete the items i want - do i need to delete them from my library each time?

also -  I don't want to install itunes on this specific PC - long story! Cheers...

Once its all synced (and run out of space), untick the "sync all" option in Spotify and then choose what you want to sync. Its been a long time since I've used my iPod, but you should be able to view all of the tracks Spotify has put on the iPod?

Peter

Suggested posts