Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to search for users on iphone

Unable to search for users on iphone

For the past several days, I have been unable to search for users on my iphone. For example, lets say I know my friends username is johnsmith. I type that into the search bar, but nothing pops up under profiles even though Im positive this is the username. I can see artists, songs, etc., but no users. Ive tried several different names of friends and users I know but cant get them to show up. Help is appreciated
3 Replies

Hey @paytonmorr, help's here!

To check, is this also the case on other devices? 

Could you also try searching for a friend's playlist on the iPhone, to see if you're then able to access their account through that? 

Are your friends able to search for your username, and are they on iOS devices, too?

It'd also be useful to know what device / version of iOS and the app you're running. 

Thanks! Keep us posted.

I have the same problem. I was able to search on a specific user, but it doesn't allow me to do it anymore. My friends who doesn't follow me, were also able to find me, but not anymore. (I'm connected to facebook, and my friend is not. We also tried to search for a non-facebook friend that we knew existed and could find without problems before)

If I try to search for their playlist, it takes ages to find their users. I can't find them all.

It does not work on other decives either.

Spotify Free
Desktop version: 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946
App version: 8.4.11

This is the case on all devices. I tried spotify on my laptop (a chromebook, so its the web version) and had the same problem. When I go to search a user, they don't show up. In fact, the search bar says "search for an artist, song, album, or playlist." What about users??
I was able to find a friends playlist and access their account that way, but I could only remember a few of the names so its not easy to do this.
My friend tried and couldnt find my username either.
I am using an iphone 6 and I have spotify premium with version 8.4.11 and the lastest ios.
Thanks

Suggested posts