Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's up with this new Home screen?

What's up with this new Home screen?

Whats up with the new home screen being random playlist? Its really bad, can I change it back?

1,004 Replies

I thought my app was broken. Those big ugly tiles are the new UI??? It's working as intended??? Anyone know a good alternative service?

Agreed.  Way too much scrolling through playlists that I have less than zero interest in listening to.  Sure, suggest playlists, but don't make them the focus.  I have six records in small tiles I've listened to in the last few days at the top and then at least twenty playlists with massive tiles underneath them.  This update is horrible.

I hope this is a glitch and it will be solved soon

same issue with the iOS version. This is a huge issue and Spotify needs to solve this soon. I will be trying Pandora and Apple Music in the meantime 

Not solved for Apple 

Surprise surprise Spotify recently rolled out new home screen with huge elements and chaotic endless list with no any logic. It reminds Windows Mobile App. We all remember how it ended.

There is no recent played playlists anymore. History shows not the playlist but songs…

To find anything in home screen you need to scroll and scroll and not even sure what you will find there.

You need seriously think about to dismantle your UX department - it‘s useless.

I did contact Support https://support.spotify.com/en/contact-spotify-support/ and they could do something to my account to disable the new design. I'm back on the useful UI exploring music after a logout and login.

edit: it reverted back to useless after a few days

I did contact Support and they could do something on my account to put me back on the good design. Just had to relogin.

I agree with this sentiment, this new android UI is hot garbage, and I can't find a way to revert back.

Yeah, this thing is totally awful, does anyone know a way to revert back yet?

This new update is AWFUL. Why is it so difficult to make an option to let users keep their old design? Your UX department needs to be fired.

why wasn't my post put on here? 

The funny thing is I do listen to a ton of podcasts and my home is now full of playlists that aren't mine, I've never listened to and have no interest in! And all of my podcasts are gone! Swing and miss on this one Spotify

Yup yup A bad redesign all the way around. I'm reverting back to an old version for now but I may end up cancelling my premium if this doesn't get fixed

F63AE731-38F5-4AA5-8312-73B0A8551360.jpeg

 This is another problem. It needs to be reverted to the previous version 

What is the update on this? My sister has the iphone app and she has the old home page. I hate this update so much.

not a solution messaged them and they said theres nothing they can do about the new design 

This most recent version of the Home Screen was conceived by someone desperately attempting to justify their worth in last week’s meeting. This person hates users entirely, but hates themselves most of all. 

Please, send this person positive vibes so they will come their senses and trash this abhorrent Home Screen. 

And where is the "What's new" section? I have on my phone as a "Bell" icon. But can't find it here. I need the new stuff!

Hey @Manshadow3 and @eyesexycyclops,

Seems like you’re seeing a recent change we’ve made as a part of an ongoing test!
We’re always trying out possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app.
We’d love to hear your feedback so we can pass this along to the proper team & we're here for you if you happen to have any further questions 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts