Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's up with this new Home screen?

What's up with this new Home screen?

Whats up with the new home screen being random playlist? Its really bad, can I change it back?

1,004 Replies

I 100% agree. 

Having cancelled my Family Subscription and then watched my App immediately revert back to the old, usable one I am loathe to even consider renewing my subscription until someone from Spotify explains what has happened and makes assurances it will not happen again. 

And apologises for treating paying customers with such arrogance. 

Yep, I'm with Deezer now but do prefer the Spotify algorithm and connect
service however I won't go back until Spotify acknowledge their mistake,
pledge not use this new UI and implement a voluntary beta program with a
closed forum for direct discussions with the dev team for major updates.

Totally agree with everything being said here. My home screen changed to this new format a few weeks ago and I hated it. It finally changed back (and I was so happy), but now it's once again in the UI screen. I loved the old home screen because it was super convenient by listing my recently played, but also allowed me to actually explore new things by showing why they were being recommended. Now it's just a totally random list of albums, playlists, and podcasts, and I have no idea what is what, or why it's on my homescreen. Please just switch it back. I'm all for thoughtful improvements and making this app better, but this is a huge step in the wrong direction. 

Earlier I had the option to put Spotify albums and playlists on my android phone to the home screen via the context menu, now I can't, I wish I could.

Yesterday, Feb 7, 2023,  i got the new homepage ui rolled out on my iOS device. This large cards waterfall design bothers me a lot, and it's way much lower efficiency than the older UI.  Now, i can only see one suggestion playlist on whole page , while the older design assembles similar playlists by different topics in rows.  Much more unfortunate, i cannot even find daily mix and release radar playlists, and even  recently played playlists is disappearing on the homepage. That's such a great pity. I don't think this latest new UI redesign is a pleasing attempt .

Plan

Premium

Country
UK

Device

iPhone XS
Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

How can I disable the big video tiles? They seem to dominate my home screen today. What's the point of one big video per playlist per screen? This isn't TikTok.

UAwcrIKy.jpg
oTAxxyn3.jpg

My app has updated to a tile based layout that scrolls and this is the ugliest most offensive app update I’ve seen in a while. Is there a way to revert to old layout or am I screwed? This is genuinely unusable and I will have to cancel my service if I can’t revert the changes

it just changed to the terrible beta home screen again, except this time the tiles are even bigger. Spotify, please, LET ME OPT OUT OF YOUR AWFUL BETA TESTS

I don't understand why there isn't an opt in/out option. And why they perform these experiments on paying customers is beyond me...

This is the worst user interface I have seen so far. Quitting Spotify gets closer and closer.

On Home Screen I don’t have jump back in or recently played.it is showing me gig boxes in a vertical line on shows I don’t like

Why has the app changed, I was not made aware of the latest changes, I can’t see my recent play list or other features, I’m not impressed with the latest changes, not user friendly, I’m changing to Apple Music, I’m a premium member and these latest changes are pathetic 

It’s back for me as well. I thought Spotify had stopped this! I only resubscribed once they’d returned the screen to normal. Do I have to cancel again to get back to the regular screen?

This is not TikTok - we don’t need a video taking up the whole screen or even larger tiles. Really poor treatment of loyal paying customers who clearly voted against a change like this last year. 

It’s like this for me as well. I thought Spotify had stopped this considering the failed trial last year of a similar layout! I only resubscribed once they’d returned the screen to normal. Do I have to cancel again to get back to the regular screen?

This is not TikTok - we don’t need a video taking up the whole screen or even larger tiles. Really poor treatment of loyal paying customers who clearly voted against a change like this last year. Give us an option to opt out and then confine this style to the music tab, if you insist on large tabs. 

Totally agree!

Btw, how much did it take last year to return to the normal Start screen? Knowing how quickly Spotify reacts, sounds like months. Looks like a good idea to cancel the subscription during that time and try Apple Music. Seems it's high time.

My Home Screen has large box display podcasts going down page vertical. I no longer have jump back in or recently viewed. I hate this new display on home page. 

Can you post a photo about the change?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 12.33.01 PM.jpeg

This is my recent iPhone app update.  It is terrible.  Head-scratchingly bad.  I would like more choices for albums, artists, and playlists.  Not less.  Also, what is the point of grainy album art taking up the whole screen?  I serves no purpose, unless you think fingers are the size of baseball bats. I am so perplexed by how someone had to spend time to design this, someone else had to approve it, and someone else had to implement it.  Just give us the option to customize our UIs if you want to pull these shenanigans, it can't be harder than making the app this bad.

Spotify is ruining itself, this is total rubbish

I'm not updating the desktop app to avoid this poorly designed idea.

Suggested posts