NEXT STEP

When I pause music, it automatically resumes in 10 seconds

When I pause music, it automatically resumes in 10 seconds

Premium Plan

USA

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.1.1

Spotify app version: 8.6.96.591

2014 BMW 328xi GT

Been trying to use Spotify on my car, but it's almost useless as I can never pause the music for more than 10 seconds. I've tried this using Bluetooth, then USB direct and every time I try to pause the music, it restarts in 10 seconds. While I can press the mute button on my entertainment system and that stops everything, I can't hear any other audio from my phone (navigation). I've completely removed the app and reinstalled using the recommendations on how to do that thoroughly, but nothing has changed.

Unless I can find a solution Spotify will be useless in my car. Unbelievable.

8 Replies

Hi @snowboardjoetx,

thanks for reaching out !

In case you've tried the usual reinstall, i'd recommend giving the clean reinstall (steps here) a try before moving forward - this is to make sure you've cleared all cache.

I'd also recommend that you check the following:

• Make sure Spotify is granted all Permissions on your phone
  • Check that Background app refresh is ON
  • Try using a different account, like a friend's account or a free one

The above should be a good indication if further steps are needed.

Waiting on your update 🙂

I've already been through the detailed process of removing the cache and reinstalling--no change. It did work one time when I was tinkering with the USB connection, but never again after that via USB or BT. I've attached my current app settings (unmodified).

I will try partners phone and see if the same thing happens. Bit of a hassle to be switching accounts on the same device.

IMG_3774.jpg

Hi @snowboardjoetx,

Thank you for your reply!

We'd like to confirm if you were able to use another phone and if you noticed any change with it. 

Also, have you tried connecting to a different Bluetooth device to check if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I would like to add that I have had EXACTLY this problem for over 3 years now. In the meantime I've changed phones (from Oneplus 6 to Samsung S22), with clean reinstalls on the previous phone more than once.

When my phone is connected to my car's Bluetooth Spotify won't pause for longer than 10 seconds. It will interrupt me recording a WhatsApp voicenote even.

The only way to permanently pause Spotify is my car radio's mute button which then, same as the OP's case, mutes all sound from my phone.

MAJOR hassle to use.

Spotify also automatically starts playing when I have just connected to the car.

Terminating the Spotify app does not help, it just resurrects itself within 10 seconds again and starts playing.

Like some sort of mischievous spirit, it torments me. 

Hey there @Bobthedino83,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if the same happens when you're using a different Bluetooth device such as a speaker?

Also, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if they can replicate this?

On another note, regarding the app automatically playing when you connect it to your car, we suggest that you take a look at the Top Answer in this thread. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, Eni

It does not happen with other bluetooth devices. This was for a 3rd party bluetooth receiver plugged into a mercedes benz media port. As far as I understand now this issue is due to the device sending the "play" command to the phone.

I've found a fix for the problem of Spotify or any other app auto-playing on an android phone when connecting to a car radio. The issue is the car radio sending a "play" command to the phone when it connects, much like the play button on a bluetooth speaker would if you pressed it.

There's an app for Android called Bluetooth Connect and Play which can interrupt this command and stop the issue. It's solved it for me!

Hey @Bobthedino83,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to hear that this is solved for you !

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again 🙂

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts