Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume constantly changing when using spotify connect

PlanPremium CountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 miniOperating SystemiOS 16.0 My Question or IssueI am connected to a receiver with Spotify connect to play music. Every second the volume bar appears on my phone attempting to change the volume but it stays at th...

• Plan Premium  Country USA Device iPhone 13 mini Operating System iOS 16.0   My Question or Issue I am connected to a receiver with Spotify  connect to play music. Every secon...
  • MihailY
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution When I try to play my playlist on shuffle, it repeats the same song?

I try to play my playlist on shuffle, but it keeps repeating the same song even though repeat is off. I’ve tried skipping and occasionally it’ll play another, but then it’ll just go back to the first song after the second is done. Even in the “Next” ...

• I try to play my playlist on shuffle, but it keeps repeating the same song even though repeat is off. I’ve tried skipping and occasionally it’ll play another, but then it’ll just go back to the first...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Video Freeze JRE APP

PlanPremiumCountry Spain DeviceIphone 13Operating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueGood morning from Barcelona folks, my problem is that when i download or try to watch a JRE podcast from my phone, the video starts for like 3-4 seconds and then it fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain   Device Iphone 13 Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue Good morning from Barcelona folks, my problem is that when i download or try to watch ...
  • AlejaR
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Pausing Every 30 Seconds

PlanIndividual PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 16.0 My Question or IssueMy spotify keeps pausing every 30 seconds. I have offloaded the app, changed my password, cleared cache, done a background refresh, delete turned off phone th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Individual Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 16.0   My Question or Issue My spotify keeps pausing every 30 seconds. I have offloaded the app, changed my pa...
  • BardzyBear
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist picture is super grainy when I share on instagram/snapchat stories

When I share my own spotify artist playlist to my instagram and snapchat story the playlist profile picture is extremely grainy and barely visible. I tried doing the same thing with popular playlists and their pictures are not grainy. I also tried to...

• When I share my own spotify artist playlist to my instagram and snapchat story the playlist profile picture is extremely grainy and barely visible. I tried doing the same thing with popular playlists...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trying to use same debit card to pay for premium for a different account

Trying to pay on the same debit card I used for another another account but already ended that one and want to use the same card on a new account

• Visitor
  • Trying to pay on the same debit card I used for another another account but already ended that one and want to use the same card on a new account
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t sign in using my google.

Every time I try to log in via the app it keeps giving me an error saying „You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days. Update your location at Spotify.com to continue using it.“ When I log in through the website on safari though, it has no problem l...

• Visitor
  • Every time I try to log in via the app it keeps giving me an error saying „You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days. Update your location at Spotify.com to continue using it.“ When I log in throu...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist 100 songs on Apple watch

Hi, I'm now able to download 100 songs per playlist on my Apple Watch, instead of 50. I can't find any news on this, does anyone have more info on this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm now able to download 100 songs per playlist on my Apple Watch, instead of 50. I can't find any news on this, does anyone have more info on this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [“something went wrong”] can’t access my profile on mobile

 PlanFree/Premium CountryHungaryDevice(iPhone 11 pro) There is an error when i try to access my profile on mobile. When i try it comes up "Sorry, something went wrong." I logged off then logged back on and it didnt make a difference, i also reinstall...

B8EAC529-0BF8-4C13-B817-7D7B24D23C8F.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium   Country Hungary Device (iPhone 11 pro)   There is an error when i try to access my profile on mobile. When i try it comes up "Sorry, something went wrong." I ...
  • Eni
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics sharing is cut off

When I try to share lyrics, the song title is cut off at the top and bottom of the letters, so you can only see the middle of the letters. I’ve tried everything. Restarting my phone, deleting and redownloading the app, updating the app, I even finall...

• When I try to share lyrics, the song title is cut off at the top and bottom of the letters, so you can only see the middle of the letters. I’ve tried everything. Restarting my phone, deleting and red...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade for Apple Watch

Hello - A great feature on Spotify is Crossfade, so songs overlap at the end/beginning, and you don't have a silence gap between tracks. This is especially useful when working out. I know this issue has been brought up before and it did not receive e...

• Hello - A great feature on Spotify is Crossfade, so songs overlap at the end/beginning, and you don't have a silence gap between tracks. This is especially useful when working out. I know this issue ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution First song keeps repeating in custom playlist

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiPad Pro 2nd Gen 2020Operating SystemiOS 16My Question or IssueI’ve had Spotify for a few years but I’ve started to get this issue around a week ago. Whenever I try to listen to my custom playlist the first few songs rep...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iPad Pro 2nd Gen 2020 Operating System iOS 16 My Question or Issue I’ve had Spotify for a few years but I’ve started to get this issue around a week ago....
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution IOS quantizes volume increments of 5 (0-5-10) Way to loud.

When using the Spotify app volume can only increase in steps of 5so 4,5,6,7 is rounded to app value 5. 8,9,10,11,12 is rounded to app value 10.basically leaving 3 volumes available on the speaker device 0,5,10 where 0 is no volume, 5 is to soft, 10 i...

• When using the Spotify app volume can only increase in steps of 5 so 4,5,6,7 is rounded to app value 5. 8,9,10,11,12 is rounded to app value 10. basically leaving 3 volumes available on the speaker...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song timer quits when I’m viewing full lyrics on my iPad first gen.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black Sabbath

There must be a glitch in the app where the Black Sabbath albums Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden are not available. Is anybody else having this issue? Spotify should patch this rq

• Visitor
  • There must be a glitch in the app where the Black Sabbath albums Headless Cross, Tyr, Cross Purposes, and Forbidden are not available. Is anybody else having this issue? Spotify should patch this rq
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to reinstall spotify on ipod touch 3rd generation

PlanPremiumDevice(iPod touch, 3rd generation)Operating System(iOS) My Question or IssueHi,I was using Spotify up until last month (i.e. February 2021) on my iPod Touch 3rd Generation. I could play all the music without any problem. However, suddenly ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device (iPod touch, 3rd generation) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue Hi, I was using Spotify up until last month (i.e. February 2021) on my iPod Touch 3rd Gene...
  • jessuckapow
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • compatibility
    installing old versions
    ipod touch
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Abo for Pensioners over 70

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes