Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Search broken on iPad in iOS 9.0?

Searching isn't working on the iOS 9.0 GM seed on iPad. I'm hoping the Spotify engineers already know this and will have an update out in time for Wednesday?

• Music Fan
  • Searching isn't working on the iOS 9.0 GM seed on iPad. I'm hoping the Spotify engineers already know this and will have an update out in time for Wednesday?
  • mcnaugha
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Having to re-download songs every few days

I am a premium user and have 650 songs on my iPhone 5S. Every few days I am finding myself having to re download all of the songs. They will be saved in the library one day, and gone the next. The available offline box is also checked. Any fixes??

• I am a premium user and have 650 songs on my iPhone 5S. Every few days I am finding myself having to re download all of the songs. They will be saved in the library one day, and gone the next. The av...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't reinstall spotify from App Store- never stops spinning

niece deleted it by mistake from iPhone, can't reinstall from iTunes bc it's a never ending spin

• niece deleted it by mistake from iPhone, can't reinstall from iTunes bc it's a never ending spin
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline music titels dont download

when i want to save a new playlist on my iPod and i want that i hear that Playlist also offline i does not download the playlist, yes i have spotify premium..thanks for now..

• when i want to save a new playlist on my iPod and i want that i hear that Playlist also offline i does not download the playlist, yes i have spotify premium..thanks for now..
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BMW app switches to Spotify

Hello, any solutions for this - I connect my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2) to my BMW via the lightning cable, turn the BMW connected app on, the phone gets connected to the iDrive and all the features of connected drive are loaded. Then I try to turn Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, any solutions for this - I connect my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2) to my BMW via the lightning cable, turn the BMW connected app on, the phone gets connected to the iDrive and all the features of...
  • lvisek
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Forgot password

I logged out of my spotify, as I needed to reboot. Not realising I had forgotten my password, I requested a new one to my email but once I click the link I keep getting the message "sorry, your form has expired"

• I logged out of my spotify, as I needed to reboot. Not realising I had forgotten my password, I requested a new one to my email but once I click the link I keep getting the message "sorry, your form ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Turn on device that music are not playing on it

I have a LG Music Flow Soundbar HS7 as a spotify connect speaker device. But when I am not using the soundbar to play the music, say I just wanna play it on iPhone, once I clicked the play button my Soundbar will still be turned on and go into standb...

• I have a LG Music Flow Soundbar HS7 as a spotify connect speaker device. But when I am not using the soundbar to play the music, say I just wanna play it on iPhone, once I clicked the play button my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    ios 8.4.1
    iphone
    LG
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shows Not Showing up on iPhone 6 with latest version of app

I heard that Spotify launched shows earlier this summer, but I am not seeing them on my app. I've got the newest version of the app (3.8) running on my iPhone 6. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • I heard that Spotify launched shows earlier this summer, but I am not seeing them on my app. I've got the newest version of the app (3.8) running on my iPhone 6. Please help.
  • rudysandoval
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
    Shows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app won't post to Facebook

I have all the correct boxes ticked as far as I can see and FB is set to allow Spotify to post on my behalf but it's still not doing so. Any ideas?

• Visitor
  • I have all the correct boxes ticked as far as I can see and FB is set to allow Spotify to post on my behalf but it's still not doing so. Any ideas?
  • koodgipo
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to use Spotify as primary iPhone app for playing local files - without overloading my phone

Hi there, Since Apple has replaced iTunes with the awful Music app, I want to see if I can use Spotify as a complete replacement for playing local files. I presently have something over 40 GB of music on my phone (5S, 64 GB), and I want to make sure ...

• Hi there,    Since Apple has replaced iTunes with the awful Music app, I want to see if I can use Spotify as a complete replacement for playing local files.  I presently ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify data usage on my phone.

Not sure if this is the correct sub to post in but oh well. I'm a premium member using spotify on offline mode, with the lowest KB/S stream quality, I also have mobile data turned off to spotify, and offline mode is turned on with unsynced tracks hid...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure if this is the correct sub to post in but oh well. I'm a premium member using spotify on offline mode, with the lowest KB/S stream quality, I also have mobile data turned off to spotify, and...
  • mlansky
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Available offline and storage question

Two questions1. If I make a playlist available offline on my phone and then unfollow the playlist. Is the playlist still downloaded to my phone?2. I have made a few playlists available offline and then later unchecked that option, making them unavail...

• Casual Listener
  • Two questions 1. If I make a playlist available offline on my phone and then unfollow the playlist. Is the playlist still downloaded to my phone? 2. I have made a few playlists available offline ...
  • JWHspot
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Available offline storage iphone
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Add Last.FM Credentials

I've tride over and over again to add my Last.FM account to the iOS Spotify app bu tit keeps on saying the credentials are incorrect. I'm completely positive they're the correct info. This has been happening for a few weeks, over the course of multip...

• I've tride over and over again to add my Last.FM account to the iOS Spotify app bu tit keeps on saying the credentials are incorrect. I'm completely positive they're the correct info.  This has ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • last.fm
    Last.fm for Spotify
    last.fm scrobble
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium not upgrading!

I recently purchased a month of spotify premium via mol points. I have always logged in via my fb account. Unfortunately, spotify has not upgraded and it is still showing my account as spotify free. I would like this to be corrected, or if that not p...

• I recently purchased a month of spotify premium via mol points. I have always logged in via my fb account. Unfortunately, spotify has not upgraded and it is still showing my account as spotify free. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Video streaming

Does any one in the U.S. have the new features of videos and podcasts? I have version 3.9.0.1054 which is the most update I can get and I don't have any of those options that I read was released in May 2015

• Does any one in the U.S. have the new features of videos and podcasts? I have version 3.9.0.1054 which is the most update I can get and I don't have any of those options that I read was released in M...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode won't work for me.

My offline mode doesn't turn the icon green, it stays grey. I haven't exceeded my storage nor my limit I only have like 1000 songs that are actually working and I have 4.5 GB free. I have an iPhone 5s. I am as well connected to wifi a lot of the time...

• My offline mode doesn't turn the icon green, it stays grey. I haven't exceeded my storage nor my limit I only have like 1000 songs that are actually working and I have 4.5 GB free. I have an iPhone 5...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved Songs cutting out,other songs no sound

My spotify is playing my music but cuts out halfway through each song which is really annoying and disappointing when I am paying for premium. Any new music ie discover or when you search something won't play at all..no sound whatsoever. I have upgra...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify is playing my music but cuts out halfway through each song which is really annoying and disappointing when I am paying for premium. Any new music ie discover or when you search something w...
  • Paigeroo27
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 9

Hi, i dont see the spotify interface on my phone after upgrading to iOS9 (black screen) anymore?! What can i do? Reinstalling the app didnt work...

• Hi, i dont see the spotify interface on my phone after upgrading to iOS9 (black screen) anymore?! What can i do? Reinstalling the app didnt work...
  • rberthofer-br
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Play Station on Spotify IOS

Hello, I am running Spotify on IOS 8/Iphone 5. I have a radio station based off of Hootie and the Blowfish's "Cracked Rear View" album that no longer plays on my iphone. It still plays fine on my macbook pro. When I try to play it on my iphone, it ju...

• Hello,   I am running Spotify on IOS 8/Iphone 5. I have a radio station based off of Hootie and the Blowfish's "Cracked Rear View" album that no longer plays on my iphone. It still plays fine ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is spotify unbelieveable slow to download songs?

It can use up to minutes to download 1 song... why is that?I download it to my new ipod touch 6g 64GB over 100Mbit wifi.

• Roadie
  • It can use up to minutes to download 1 song... why is that? I download it to my new ipod touch 6g 64GB over 100Mbit wifi.
  • Silithas
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes