Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad won’t let me save songs to playlist

On my iPad I used to be able to save songs to a playlist by clicking on the 3 dots next to the song. Now, the list of options for saving pops up, but disappears immediately. On my iPhone, it works, because the 3 dots have been replaced by a tick in a...

• Visitor
  • On my iPad I used to be able to save songs to a playlist by clicking on the 3 dots next to the song. Now, the list of options for saving pops up, but disappears immediately. On my iPhone, it works, b...
  • Yordan
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple devices

Hi.I've just downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro, and paid subs for Premium. I have Spotify on my iPhone, and can't upgrade to Premium which is why I downloaded it to my MacBook. How do I connect the two and share playlists?I live in S.Africa in the...

• Visitor
  • Hi. I've just downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro, and paid subs for Premium. I have Spotify on my iPhone, and can't upgrade to Premium which is why I downloaded it to my MacBook. How do I connect ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't download Spotify App to my iPhone SE

PlanPremiumCountry IrelandDeviceiPhone SEOperating System iOS 12.1 My Question or Issue I subscribed to your premium service yesterday but when i tried to download the app to my phone, it won't download. I see the cloud Logo but when I tap on it, a r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Ireland Device iPhone SE Operating System    iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  I subscribed to your premium service yesterday but when i tried...
  • OscarDC
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Swipe to Queue

Since a few weeks I am not able to use the swiping function to add songs to my queue. I noticed that swiping work in random playlists, except in my own liked songs playlist. However, I am able to queue songs by clicking on the three dots, but this is...

• Visitor
  • Since a few weeks I am not able to use the swiping function to add songs to my queue. I noticed that swiping work in random playlists, except in my own liked songs playlist. However, I am able to que...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The play button doesn’t work and I can’t play anything on my iphone

I can listen to music on my laptop but not my phone. The play buttons are unresponsive and no play bar appears when I’m listening on my laptop. I can switch devices from laptop to phone but nothing plays after and again no play bar. The only change w...

• Casual Listener
  • I can listen to music on my laptop but not my phone. The play buttons are unresponsive and no play bar appears when I’m listening on my laptop. I can switch devices from laptop to phone but nothing p...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When I pause music, it automatically resumes in 10 seconds

Premium PlanUSAiPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.1.1Spotify app version: 8.6.96.5912014 BMW 328xi GT Been trying to use Spotify on my car, but it's almost useless as I can never pause the music for more than 10 seconds. I've tried this using Bluetooth, then USB ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Plan USA iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.1.1 Spotify app version: 8.6.96.591 2014 BMW 328xi GT   Been trying to use Spotify on my car, but it's almost useless as I can never pause the music ...
  • Lyubka
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IOS Spotify being different

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueWhen I switched to this iPhone, Spotify’s user interface is different(even from other iPhones). On my phone, liked songs do not show a heart next to it, but it used to. I a...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue When I switched to this iPhone, Spotify’s user interface is different(even from other iPhones). ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution a way to search for your daily mix

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15 sometimes Spotify shows me my daily mixes but when I go to a different app & come back to this app, it vanishes and is replaced by a sea of “fresh finds” “heard at grandmas house” “wedding...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15       sometimes Spotify shows me my daily mixes but when I go to a different app & come back to this...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dailymix
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen icon not changing iOS 16.1

Spotify Version - 8.7.78.426iOS version- 16.1Steps to reproduce- 1.play song from downloaded playlist2. Tap on repeat and set it to current song only3. When song finishes and replay again lockscreen icon change to next song but current song which was...

• Visitor
  • Spotify Version - 8.7.78.426 iOS version- 16.1 Steps to reproduce-   1.play song from downloaded playlist 2. Tap on repeat and set it to current song only 3. When song finishes and rep...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify doesn;t work anymore away from wifi

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keeps closing on its own

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited Kingdom Device(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 16.2) the app keeps shutting on its own recently My Question or IssueThe app keeps closing for no reason on its own please sort it it happening on android as well

• Plan Free/Premium Country United Kingdom  Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS 16.2) the app keeps shutting on its own recently    My Question or Issue The app keeps clos...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bug: Switching from AirPods to Sonos is pausing the music

PlanFree/PremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueScenario:Walking home while listening to music with my AirPods. Upon arrival I'm switching Spotify to my Sonos speaker using the device switcher menu. The...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Estonia Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue Scenario: Walking home while listening to music with my AirPods. Upon arrival...
  • p3rsonald1zaster
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Duo plays the same song on different devices

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevice(iPhone 11, Macbook Pro late 2019)Operating System(iOS 16) My Question or IssueHi! I have DUO with my wife, but we cannot listen to music at the same time on different iPhones. When she listens to a song, the song app...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device (iPhone 11, Macbook Pro late 2019) Operating System (iOS 16)   My Question or Issue Hi! I have DUO with my wife, but we cannot listen to music at ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I download music to my Library folder in my laptop, not my Spotify

Want to download music to my laptop Library folder. Want to use some music to post on my sister's memorial on the web. I don't mean my Spotify Library. Thanks so much.

• Visitor
  • Want to download music to my laptop Library folder. Want to use some music to post on my sister's memorial on the web. I don't mean my Spotify Library. Thanks so much.
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Report ongoing issue

My Spotify is abruptly cutting songs short and playing the next song.

• My Spotify is abruptly cutting songs short and playing the next song.
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes