Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

iTunes Billing issues

Hi. This is my first community post and I must say that iPhone users have to pay $12.99+TAX because there is no other way and that credit card users / PayPal / any other kind of payment methods can pay $9.99+tax with an option to pay less and that th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. This is my first community post and I must say that iPhone users have to pay $12.99+TAX because there is no other way and that credit card users / PayPal / any other kind of payment methods can p...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify music starts playing after missed call?

This is a really weird issue I have been having on and off for quite a long time: I will be listening to music in my car for example, using the headphone jack. I leave the car and I unplug the music, which pauses the music on spotify (the phone is lo...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a really weird issue I have been having on and off for quite a long time:   I will be listening to music in my car for example, using the headphone jack.  I leave the car and I ...
  • alexlr
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing will load on spotify for Iphone 4

I am using an Iphone 4 for spotify and nothing will load, when I attempt to search a song I get "an error occurred" message, the browse function will not load at all, I tried redownloading the app but in doing so all of my offline playlists have been...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using an Iphone 4 for spotify and nothing will load, when I attempt to search a song I get "an error occurred" message, the browse function will not load at all, I tried redownloading the app bu...
  • zomgitsdennis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mirror Phone Library on Spotify

Hi, I am very close to pulling the trigger on Spotify Premium, but I am having trouble with just one aspect. Is there any way I can import songs from my phone library to spotify. Basically, I want to move all that is on my music app to a playlist mar...

•  Hi, I am very close to pulling the trigger on Spotify Premium, but I am having trouble with just one aspect. Is there any way I can import songs from my phone library to spotify. Basically, I w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse tab says offline - v 2.3.0

Hello, spotify's browse feature was working fine till today and all of a sudden the browse tab on my iphone started saying that i am offline, whereas i'm perfectly connected to the network. I have tried re-installing, login-logout - but nothing seems...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, spotify's browse feature was working fine till today and all of a sudden the browse tab on my iphone started saying that i am offline, whereas i'm perfectly connected to the network. I have tr...
  • Feargalmckenna
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Browse
    iOS
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs keep pausing

When I play any song after about 5-10 seconds the song pauses and won't play again but my account isn't beong used on another device or by anyone else.

• When I play any song after about 5-10 seconds the song pauses and won't play again but my account isn't beong used on another device or by anyone else.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My computer and phone are too synced!

Hi, I found a bug on my iOS computer and my android phone. I'll use the tamplate to describe the problem. DescriptionThe problem that I am having is that Spotify always plays the same songs in the same order whenever i starts a new playlist. I have S...

• Roadie
  • Hi, I found a bug on my iOS computer and my android phone. I'll use the tamplate to describe the problem.   Description The problem that I am having is that Spotify always plays the same song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files from desktop to iPod

I have local files in my desktop, but they don't show up in my iPod. I cant sync my devices to spotify either, because they got rid of the devices. I'm connected to the same wifi. Wtf do you they want me to do here? This is SO frustrating. No other t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have local files in my desktop, but they don't show up in my iPod.    I cant sync my devices to spotify either, because they got rid of the devices. I'm connected to the same wifi. Wtf ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share songs using iphone

Hi! I'm a premium member trying to share with another spotify premium member. We both are on facebook and have iphones. I can share songs with this facebook friend using my computer, but not my iphone - I go through the sequence and it says shared su...

• Hi!  I'm a premium member trying to share with another spotify premium member. We both are on facebook and have iphones.  I can share songs with this facebook friend using my computer, but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

I have payed for spotify premium and it has been working well now for about 6 months. However, I haven't deactivated the premium nor has no one else but it has suddenly gone back to a free account ?? What happened??

• Casual Listener
  • I have payed for spotify premium and it has been working well now for about 6 months. However, I haven't deactivated the premium nor has no one else but it has suddenly gone back to a free account ??...
  • kgunnells
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes When Logging in with Facebook (IOS 8)

DescriptionFor the past 2 weeks, I've been unable to log in to Spotify on my Iphone to use my premium service. After pressing Login and attempting to log in through facebook, the app closes. I've not had a problem until recently, and there have been ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description For the past 2 weeks, I've been unable to log in to Spotify on my Iphone to use my premium service. After pressing Login and attempting to log in through facebook, the app closes. I...
  • Kennyboy88
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Advice for playlists

Im a premium user on iOS devices. I subscribe to a few playlists which update weekly - such as BBC 6 Music. However when the playlists changes, this doesnt update on my devices. Is it recommended that you delete the previous week's list and create a ...

• Im a premium user on iOS devices.   I subscribe to a few playlists which update weekly - such as BBC 6 Music. However when the playlists changes, this doesnt update on my devices.   Is ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify premium wont work

Hi,I have a prepaid subscripiton with a premium subscription when i registered with it. I followed the steps and i used my phone number linked with my facebook account to have it avail the premium service.My mobile phone is an iphone and my mobile ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a prepaid subscripiton with a premium subscription when i registered with it. I followed the steps and i used my phone number linked with my facebook account to have it avail the premium ...
  • Ivan92
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse feature won't work

All of a sudden the browse feature in my Spotify app isn't working. It claims I'm offline, but I'm not. I'm connected to my wifi.

• All of a sudden the browse feature in my Spotify app isn't working. It claims I'm offline, but I'm not. I'm connected to my wifi.
  • lindaclaudette
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Block messages on iphone

I blocked a user from sending me messages on the desktop application and this worked but only for the desktop version. I still recieve messages from the person I blocked on iphone and cannot find a way to block them on the app.

• Casual Listener
  • I blocked a user from sending me messages on the desktop application and this worked but only for the desktop version. I still recieve messages from the person I blocked on iphone and canno...
  • aero678
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 2.9.0

Updated to spotify 2.9.0 just a little but ago and now I can't search for new music in app. Says connection error try again. Please fix

• Casual Listener
  • Updated to spotify 2.9.0 just a little but ago and now I can't search for new music in app. Says connection error try again. Please fix
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to play Spotify playlist at my party

Hello I have my party coming up and I am thinking of signing up to Spotify Premium to create and play a playlist. I understand it allows you to store and play it ‘offline’. Have I got this right? I also need a device to store it on and play it throug...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I have my party coming up and I am thinking of signing up to Spotify Premium to create and play a playlist.  I understand it allows you to store and play it ‘offline’.&n...
  • guido1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Data on iOS app is always empty

good morning from germany, to explain my problem, i start by telling you what kind of equipment i use: iphone 6 64gb (available space 10gb+)spotify premium on my mac the spotify app has the identical lists which are marked to be offline available as ...

• Casual Listener
  • good morning from germany,   to explain my problem, i start by telling you what kind of equipment i use:   iphone 6 64gb (available space 10gb+) spotify premium   on my mac the ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing music offline on spotify version 2.8

I am trying to sync my music offline on my iphone 6. I have the updated version of spotify, and not all the songs will sync. The playlist says it available offline (the green arrow is next to the playlist), but yet all the songs are not synced. Some ...

• Regular
  • I am trying to sync my music offline on my iphone 6. I have the updated version of spotify, and not all the songs will sync.  The playlist says it available offline (the green arrow is next to t...
  • mellie608
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes