Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Resume Album

As a pre-cursor, I do 99.9% of my Spotify listening on my iPhone while in my car. My issue, which has plagued me for a while now, is that I enjoy listening to full albums, but my commute doesn't allow for a full album listening so I listen to half on...

• Casual Listener
  • As a pre-cursor, I do 99.9% of my Spotify listening on my iPhone while in my car. My issue, which has plagued me for a while now, is that I enjoy listening to full albums, but my commute doesn't allo...
  • chrisisabull
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search returning no results

My search has been returning no results for the past couple weeks. Mobile only. iOS. It gives me the "try again" button no matter what I search for. I seem to be able to stream music on playlists that isn't synced so I don't think it's a connectivity...

• Music Fan
  • My search has been returning no results for the past couple weeks. Mobile only. iOS. It gives me the "try again" button no matter what I search for. I seem to be able to stream music on playlists tha...
  • dmsuperman
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes about every 8-10 mins

Hi there, Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 - I change the song and it crashes, I reopen the app and it goes to the browsing page and when I select my songs again it crashes after the second song almost every time. It also randomly stops playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 - I change the song and it crashes, I reopen the app and it goes to the browsing page and when I select my songs again it crashes after the second ...
  • Emsimbeen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App navigation needs SERIOUS work.

Okay I don't know how this never occurred to anyone. Open up the app, hit an artist you like. You're listening to that album, so you go to their artist page and pick another. Maybe you like that so you navigate to a similar artist. Do that a few time...

• Music Fan
  • Okay I don't know how this never occurred to anyone.   Open up the app, hit an artist you like. You're listening to that album, so you go to their artist page and pick another. Maybe you lik...
  • ZachGates
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect from Laptop

Hi, I have Spotify Premium on both my laptop and iPhone. I'd like to use my laptop to change music on my iPhone (which is connected to a speaker). This mostly works fine - When I change music on my laptop, it plays on the iPhone. However, every time ...

• Hi,   I have Spotify Premium on both my laptop and iPhone. I'd like to use my laptop to change music on my iPhone (which is connected to a speaker). This mostly works fine - When I change mu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing music to ipod

Hi Guys, I have two ipods (older nano and ipod mini). Both of them show up in the menu under devices and are correctly recognised (names etc) but playlists are not syncing to the device. Playlists have white arrow in the corner and it seems that proc...

• Hi Guys, I have two ipods (older nano and ipod mini). Both of them show up in the menu under devices and are correctly recognised (names etc) but playlists are not syncing to the device. Playlists ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are not remaining synced

Whenever I go through the process of syncing local files to my iPhone 6 and my iPad, the songs remain synced to playlist for a couple of days... And then without fail they magically grey out. And I'm not switching off the sync offline option on the m...

• Regular
  • Whenever I go through the process of syncing local files to my iPhone 6 and my iPad, the songs remain synced to playlist for a couple of days...   And then without fail they magically grey o...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio, playlists, and browse music greyed out in BMW ConnectedDrive

Everything's been working fine since the integration rolled out. At some point in the last few days it got screwed up. I think it was the latest Spotify update. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Casual Listener
  • Everything's been working fine since the integration rolled out. At some point in the last few days it got screwed up. I think it was the latest Spotify update. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • jdsx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor playback performance on T-Mobile LTE

Recently Spotify has been performing... poorly on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2 (both running up to date software.) At all quality levels songs will cut out, skip around, or jump to the next track. Even when I save songs, the tracks downloaded will ac...

• Recently Spotify has been performing... poorly on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2 (both running up to date software.) At all quality levels songs will cut out, skip around, or jump to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change Subscription & Payment

Hi, I cant change payment method from now iTunes to creditcard. When i click on update details nothing happening. This happens on my phone and my laptop. I am locked to pay by iTunes now Thanks! "You do not currently have a payment provider connected...

• Hi, I cant change payment method from now iTunes to creditcard. When i click on update details nothing happening. This happens on my phone and my laptop. I am locked to pay by iTunes now 😞   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving albums for availablity Offline

Hi, Having recently joined Spotify Premium, using an iPhone 6, I am finding issues making my albums become available Offline. I have tapped the button for available offline, my albums all have white arrows against them but not not green. How can I ma...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Having recently joined Spotify Premium, using an iPhone 6, I am finding issues making my albums become available Offline.   I have tapped the button for available offline, my ...
  • natht
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Songs Repeated by Artist in last few updates.

I've been pretty happy with the shuffle algorithm Spotify uses. In the most recent few updates though, at least on my iPhone, I get a lot of repeats by the same artist two songs in a row. (My playlist has 658 songs in it. 29 of which are Streetlight ...

IMG_0271.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I've been pretty happy with the shuffle algorithm Spotify uses.  In the most recent few updates though, at least on my iPhone, I get a lot of repeats by the same artist two songs in a row. (My p...
  • akmofo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep getting texts to listen to songs

Does spotify automatically send that text, or is the person actually sending it to me through their account?

• Casual Listener
  • Does spotify automatically send that text, or is the person actually sending it to me through their account?
  • Cmanze01
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! algunos temas no se escuchan en modo off line

hola a todos, tengo cuenta premium, hace unos dias note que varias canciones que fui agregando a mi playlist no se bajaban, no tenian la flechita verde, entonces no se podia escuchar off line. y nose como solucionarlo. uso spotify desde mi iphone 6 p...

• Casual Listener
  • hola a todos, tengo cuenta premium, hace unos dias note que varias canciones que fui agregando a mi playlist no se bajaban, no tenian la flechita verde, entonces no se podia escuchar off line. y nose...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify on ihpone and spotify on computer wont sync

When I go under devices, my iphone does not show up and I cant play any music that I have in itunes on spotify. I am logged in on the same account, I am connected to the same wifi, and have done everything the help section told me to do to fix it but...

• When I go under devices, my iphone does not show up and I cant play any music that I have in itunes on spotify. I am logged in on the same account, I am connected to the same wifi, and have done ever...
  • iBurnin
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download playlist on iphone

Hello, i have a problem to download playlists on my iphone to listen them offline. When i want to download the playlist, there will come the black arrow, but they never get green. If i change spotify to offline, it is not possible to listen the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   i have a problem to download playlists on my iphone to listen them offline.   When i want to download the playlist, there will come the black arrow, but they never get gree...
  • iBurnin
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Follower count off by 225...anyone else?

I have tried everything. Will there be a fix for this on the horizon?This appears to be a programming issue. Please updateRegards- Andi- Premium Member- Modesto, CA. USA

• I have tried everything. Will there be a fix for this on the horizon? This appears to be a programming issue. Please update Regards- Andi- Premium Member- Modesto, CA. USA
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

*BUG* A2DP Bluetooth + Waze Volume issue

Description When using Waze and Spotify together it causes the volume of the spotify music to lower and never return to normal if you have the Waze app open and go back to the home screen during a spoken direction. A more detailed description, using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When using Waze and Spotify together it causes the volume of the spotify music to lower and never return to normal if you have the Waze app open and go back to the home screen during a&...
  • AlejB
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Free Playlist Shuffle Shuffles Random Songs Not in List

I'm using Spotify free for the iPhone. When I shuffle a playlist, it will play a few songs from the list and then begin shuffling random songs related to it that are NOT in the playlist. For example, I shuffle the soundtrack for the Nightmare Before ...

• I'm using Spotify free for the iPhone. When I shuffle a playlist, it will play a few songs from the list and then begin shuffling random songs related to it that are NOT in the playlist. For example,...
  • JoeThomas
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some radios repeats same songs often (still)

I've some playlists that includes more than 30+ singer and 100+ song. They're very repetitive sometimes. Especially if i like some songs. I like a song and it plays same song again or after 2-3 song (2+ times in sequence) Altough there are lots of so...

• Visitor
  • I've some playlists that includes more than 30+ singer and 100+ song. They're very repetitive sometimes. Especially if i like some songs. I like a song and it plays same song again or after 2-...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes