Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPad air freezes

IPad Air freezes almost every time I search. If I select a group (e.g songs) I get the list up. Add a song to a playlist and when the pop up window is dismissed, then I can no longer scroll the list. Sometimes if I select a different grouping and the...

• Casual Listener
  • IPad Air freezes almost every time I search. If I select a group (e.g songs) I get the list up. Add a song to a playlist and when the pop up window is dismissed, then I can no longer scroll the list....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Should you be able to use your iPhone while listening to Spotify?

I don't know if you SHOUD be able to go to the main menu and text and play games whilst listening to Spotify, because everytime I press the menu button, the music turns off. I want to buy Spotify premium but first I want to make sure that I can use m...

• I don't know if you SHOUD be able to go to the main menu and text and play games whilst listening to Spotify, because everytime I press the menu button, the music turns off. I want to buy Spotify pre...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple Devices - iPad to iPhone

Hi, I am a Premium subscriber. My problem is when I stream music on my iPad through Spotify, the music does not appear in "My Library" when I log into the Spotify App on my iphone6. I want to be able to access all my spotify songs on both my iPhone a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am a Premium subscriber. My problem is when I stream music on my iPad through Spotify, the music does not appear in "My Library" when I log into the Spotify App on my iphone6.  ...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Problems

All of a sudden none of my music will synce offline. I've already reinstalled the app and when i switch playlist to offline, there is no response. I payed for premium for this particular perk.

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden none of my music will synce offline. I've already reinstalled the app and when i switch playlist to offline, there is no response. I payed for premium for this particular perk.
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing in sleep mode after 1.5.0 update when streaming to airplay

After updating my spotify app to 1.5.0, everything is working fine but when my device enters sleep mode, music stops playing. When I go out of sleep mode, music continues playing. No need to say that I would like to keep my music playing while in sle...

• Casual Listener
  • After updating my spotify app to 1.5.0, everything is working fine but when my device enters sleep mode, music stops playing. When I go out of sleep mode, music continues playing. No need to say ...
  • ericjan123456
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Airplay
    iOS
    ipod touch
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chromecast Help

Will Spotify be able to stream to Chromecast soon? I have been trying to steam it, but it won't let me.

• Will Spotify be able to stream to Chromecast soon? I have been trying to steam it, but it won't let me.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to disable the shuffle function completely?

Hello there! I really hate Spotify's compulsory Shuffle function that fundamentally prevents me from listening an album the way it was conceived by the artist (yes, call me old-fashioned, but I care about this). Also, I listen to a lot of classic mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there!   I really hate Spotify's compulsory Shuffle function that fundamentally prevents me from listening an album the way it was conceived by the artist (yes, call me old-fashioned, ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does crossfade not work propperly on the IPhone 5 ?

It works only for some songs. In opposite it works very well on the PC. Is there any reason or will there be a fix of the problem ?

• Casual Listener
  • It works only for some songs. In opposite it works very well on the PC. Is there any reason or will there be a fix of the problem ?
  • jc2656455
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Sremmlife

sremmlife is only available in clean, no option for explicit, "1 more release", or another album together. Playing on iphone 6

• sremmlife is only available in clean, no option for explicit, "1 more release", or another album together. Playing on iphone 6
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not showing up in devices

My iPhone stopped showing up under the devices tab. It just stopped working. It downloads the playlists fine, but it cannot get the local files. I have turned my phone on and off. I have reinstalled the Spotify desktop client. I have turned off my fi...

• Casual Listener
  • My iPhone stopped showing up under the devices tab. It just stopped working. It downloads the playlists fine, but it cannot get the local files.   I have turned my phone on and off. I have...
  • Nikålär
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • devices
    iphone
    local files
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

connecting to facebook

I created a spotify account through Facebook a while back. I also have a premium account not associated with Facebook. How can I link these two accounts?

• Casual Listener
  • I created a spotify account through Facebook a while back. I also have a premium account not associated with Facebook. How can I link these two accounts?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play Local Songs

I'm french so excuse me first for my english.Since 1 or 2 month i got a bug , i can't play local songs, on the spotify application ( before on Iphone 5S , and now on Iphone 6 )I can play them on the application on my windows 8.1, they all works, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm french so excuse me first for my english. Since 1 or 2 month i got a bug , i can't play local songs, on the spotify application ( before on Iphone 5S , and now on Iphone 6 ) I can play them o...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sharing Spotify Tracks

Wondering if someone can help me. I have been a subscriber for over a year now, and withi nthe past 3 days now, whenever i try to share a track with someone via SMS, when i click the SMS button it longer opens a text box to text the track, it jsut cl...

• Regular
  • Wondering if someone can help me.  I have been a subscriber for over a year now, and withi nthe past 3 days now, whenever i try to share a track with someone via SMS, when i click the SMS button...
  • KMadix
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

sharing tracks from my HTC One M8

Wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i try to share a track, from my HTC One M8, with someone it won't let me. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions from posts but to no avail. I don't log in through Facebook but my friend does. C...

• Casual Listener
  • Wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i try to share a track, from my HTC One M8, with someone it won't let me. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions from posts but to no avail. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Being Replaced

I was trying to sync a live Elliott Smith album to my iPhone. I have all the files locally, and when I play the playlist on my computer through Spotify, everything is fine. However, when I sync it to my phone, several of the tracks are pulled from Sp...

• Regular
  • I was trying to sync a live Elliott Smith album to my iPhone.  I have all the files locally, and when I play the playlist on my computer through Spotify, everything is fine.   However, ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Rearrange songs by artist

Is there a faster way to rearrange the songs in my playlists by artist or the only way to arrange them is manually manually?

• Is there a faster way to rearrange the songs in my playlists by artist or the only way to arrange them is manually manually?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Local Files in My playlist on my mobile app

I wanna why I can't play the songs I have added in my playlist from my desktop on my mobile app but I can play and listen to them just fine on my desktop. The songs show up in my playlist but won't play on my app when I press shuffle play. I wanna kn...

• Casual Listener
  • I wanna why I can't play the songs I have added in my playlist from my desktop on my mobile app but I can play and listen to them just fine on my desktop. The songs show up in my playlist but won't p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs not playing

I signed up for Spotify Premium yesterday so I can listen to my playlist in my car. All the songs in my iphone spotify playlist are still grey. What am I doing wrong that they will not let me play them? Under settign in my phone there is a message th...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for Spotify Premium yesterday so I can listen to my playlist in my car. All the songs in my iphone spotify playlist are still grey. What am I doing wrong that they will not let me play th...
  • msraspberry
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes