Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Anyone else lose local cover art?

After I updated my iPhone 5S to the most recent version (which SUCKS!!!), all of my local files no longer play with the cover art (which is on the computer). I deleted the app and then reinstalled it - and still, when I sync my files no artwork appea...

• Regular
  • After I updated my iPhone 5S to the most recent version (which SUCKS!!!), all of my local files no longer play with the cover art (which is on the computer). I deleted the app and then reinstalled it...
  • JackR11
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album covers

My album covers won't load on my iphone (i.e. in playlists, my music). I honestly get annoyed when the picture is not showing up. I was wondering how to get them back. Please help! Thanks!

• My album covers won't load on my iphone (i.e. in playlists, my music). I honestly get annoyed when the picture is not showing up. I was wondering how to get them back. Please help! Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Photos in albums??

When I am Offline in my iphone. I can´t see the pictures of the album, I just see this picture!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • When I am Offline in my iphone. I can´t see the pictures of the album, I just see this picture!!!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No pics in the player shown

guys when i want to listen new songs my phone won't show tthe album pic but the predefinite pic for songs

• Casual Listener
  • guys when i want to listen new songs my phone won't show tthe album pic but the predefinite pic for songs
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No covers ?

When I listen to songs, but didn´t download them yet, I can see the covers, but after downloading the songs to my playlists I can´t see the covers anymore. Does anyone have an idea why ?I'm using an Ipod Touch 5th gerneration ! Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to songs, but didn´t download them yet, I can see the covers, but after downloading the songs to my playlists I can´t see the covers anymore. Does anyone have an idea why ? I'm using a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • covers
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song artwork not there

When playing my playlist on my iPhone non of the song artwork shows up when on the lock screen or in the app unlocked in full screen!

• Casual Listener
  • When playing my playlist on my iPhone non of the song artwork shows up when on the lock screen or in the app unlocked in full screen!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problem with cover

If i listen music with spotify on my iphone, i can't see the cover of the music im listening?

• If i listen music with spotify on my iphone, i can't see the cover of the music im listening?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No album cover!

I've had Spotify premium for a little over a month and ive noticed there's never the album cover for any of the songs! Please fix this it's verry annoying.

• I've had Spotify premium for a little over a month and ive noticed there's never the album cover for any of the songs! Please fix this it's verry annoying.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Artwork not showing

Recently when using spotify on my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.1) album artwork has stopped showing on the main screen while playing a song with the app open. It just shows a black screen with a musical note. This is the same with the lock screen

• Recently when using spotify on my iPhone 5s (iOS 8.1) album artwork has stopped showing on the main screen while playing a song with the app open. It just shows a black screen with a musical note. Th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I need the ALBUM WORK TO SHOW!!!

It's really bothering me that I can't see the album work. so please fix it. Or I may switch to BEATS

• Casual Listener
  • It's really bothering me that I can't see the album work. so please fix it. Or I may switch to BEATS
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album Artwork not showing in "Now Playing" or Lockscreen

Relevant information before I detail the issue:iPhone 6 Plus 128GB, iOS 8.1Spotify Version: 2.0.0.1643This applies to all songs & albums. Album artwork is only displayed when the player is minimized (see attached screenshot).In the Lockscreen and now...

• Casual Listener
  • Relevant information before I detail the issue: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB, iOS 8.1 Spotify Version: 2.0.0.1643 This applies to all songs & albums. Album artwork is only displayed when the play...
  • RichardP7
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline mode no album art(again)

While you are scrolling your playlist you can see the album art but not in the music player V: 2.0.0.1643

• Visitor
  • While you are scrolling your playlist you can see the album art but not in the music player V: 2.0.0.1643
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album art not showing IOS 8.1

Its november 2014 and the album art isnt showing. Not sure if its just a problems with me but any solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • Its november 2014 and the album art isnt showing. Not sure if its just a problems with me but any solutions?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
    album art
    Album Cover
    iOS
    iphone
    not showing
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Voice control keeps coming on

Voice control is coming on all the time. Can't listen to music anymore! Siri is off! Help me!

• Voice control is coming on all the time. Can't listen to music anymore! Siri is off! Help me!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync local files to ipod touch

I have local MP3 files that show up under "local files" in my spotify desktop app. I made these files part of a playlist and made this playlist available offline on both my desktop and my ipod touch, but am still unable to lay them on my ipod touch. ...

• I have local MP3 files that show up under "local files" in my spotify desktop app. I made these files part of a playlist and made this playlist available offline on both my desktop and my ipod touch,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

In box

Can you please update the iOS app so we can send and receive messages? We pay for this app and should have full use of the apps features.

• Casual Listener
  • Can you please update the iOS app so we can send and receive messages? We pay for this app and should have full use of the apps features.
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Not loading covers under "Songs" playlist

Hello On my iPhone iOS 8.1.1 under playlist "songs" Spotify not shows covers at all, only they are visible after minimize to the bottom panel. I've restarted completly spotify by delete from my device and upload once again all songs, but it not solve...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello On my iPhone iOS 8.1.1 under playlist "songs" Spotify not shows covers at all, only they are visible after minimize to the bottom panel. I've restarted completly spotify by delete from my d...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify cannot send to Home stereo via airport ?

Airport and home stereo seems fine but when I send spotify signal with airplay it stops music before it plays. Using new iphone and now old iphone (now used as a itouch) cannot sent music. What gives ? Bob J

• Visitor
  • Airport and home stereo seems fine but when I send spotify signal with airplay it stops music before it plays. Using new iphone and now old iphone (now used as a itouch) cannot sent music. What gives...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you add offline files to online playlists?

Just wondering that. Is there a way to make playlists that consist of both files stored on your phone (from other sources, NOT from Spotify) and songs on Spotify? For instance, say you have a playlist of songs from your favorite band, but some of the...

• Regular
  • Just wondering that. Is there a way to make playlists that consist of both files stored on your phone (from other sources, NOT from Spotify) and songs on Spotify? For instance, say you have a pla...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Following someone vs Sharing Music with them (Mac OS)

Why should I have to follow a Spotify User in order to send her a track (on Mac OS)?. I know the username and I have thousands of tracks from her in my inbox but If I drop her from my following, I can no longer send her anything. Is there anyway we c...

• Visitor
  • ...ollowing, I can no longer send her anything.   Is there anyway we can share music without publicaly announcing our followership? This is basically a privacy issue. One may want to exchange m...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Sharing without following
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes