Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Unable to play at all

Since a few days ago I suddenly can't play any song. Every time I click Shuffle Play at any list, a message pops up saying "Song is not sync. If you have this song, you can sync it from a computer." (I am running Chinese version so the above message ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few days ago I suddenly can't play any song. Every time I click Shuffle Play at any list, a message pops up saying "Song is not sync. If you have this song, you can sync it from a computer....
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone 6+

Hi I just got the iphone 6+ on Friday and I'm a premium spotify user. The small album artwork is fine but then when I click it and it loads to the full screen the blank screen with the music note appears. Has anyone else had this problem? I checked t...

• Hi I just got the iphone 6+ on Friday and I'm a premium spotify user. The small album artwork is fine but then when I click it and it loads to the full screen the blank screen with the music note app...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ALBUM ART MISSING!! HELP!!

Hey! I just updated to the new version of the Spotify app on iphone 6, and suddenly all if the album art dissapeared! I read on other threads that its a bug and will be fixed! Wtf? Its been more than a month that ive had this problem! I've deleted th...

• Hey! I just updated to the new version of the Spotify app on iphone 6, and suddenly all if the album art dissapeared! I read on other threads that its a bug and will be fixed! Wtf? Its been more than...
  • jmalibeeson
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Not Syncing

I plugged my iPod Touch into my Macbook and then clicked on the devices on the left menu in spofity and it still says to plug my ipod into the computer to sync. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

• Roadie
  • I plugged my iPod Touch into my Macbook and then clicked on the devices on the left menu in spofity and it still says to plug my ipod into the computer to sync. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ipod
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Explanation Needed

I fully realise that the massive eyecatching Shuffle Button has caused much discussion, and for me it has raised it's ugly head once again - I was free from it on my much earlier version, but when I updated my iPad App yesterday - there it was - the ...

• Regular
  • I fully realise that the massive eyecatching Shuffle Button has caused much discussion, and for me it has raised it's ugly head once again - I was free from it on my much earlier version, but when I ...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ordenar listas

Buenas! Se puede ordenar las listas de reproducción por la columna "Modificados" (de manera ascendiente o descendiente) en el móvil ?!?! Cada vez que quiero ir a la ultima canción tengo que hacer scroll hasta el final y es un poco engorroso Saludos

• Casual Listener
  • Buenas! Se puede ordenar las listas de reproducción por la columna "Modificados" (de manera ascendiente o descendiente) en el móvil ?!?! Cada vez que quiero ir a la ultima canción tengo que hacer sc...
  • Lililehmann
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify stops playing at the end of every synced song (Local Files)

Every time I listen to a locally synced song (songs transfered to Spotify trough my computer) on my iPhone it plays the whole song but it never continues to the next song. It just stops. There is no such problem when I listen to music that is from Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I listen to a locally synced song (songs transfered to Spotify trough my computer) on my iPhone it plays the whole song but it never continues to the next song. It just stops. There i...
  • thecaper
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

all songs, albums and artists get cleared during the sync

Hi, i saved new album using desktop spotify. Wanted to have it offline on my iPhone so i went to spotify mobile. App started to sync and then suddenly all saved songs, albums and artists dissapeared. I still have my playlists but nothing else... any ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i saved new album using desktop spotify. Wanted to have it offline on my iPhone so i went to spotify mobile. App started to sync and then suddenly all saved songs, albums and artists ...
  • dourado
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

airplay fix!

airplay died for me with the new spotify update. i run xbmc on my raspbery pi which supports airplay (xbmc is similar to appletv). i tried raspbmc and openelec, older and nightly builds, but no good.went and removed spotify from my ipad2 and download...

• airplay died for me with the new spotify update. i run xbmc on my raspbery pi which supports airplay (xbmc is similar to appletv). i tried raspbmc and openelec, older and nightly builds, but no good....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone Spotify Connect Won't Detect Macbook Pro

I have a Macbook Pro with OSx installed. For some reason, when I try to use the iPhone's Spotify Connect function, my Macbook won't even show up in the list of devices. The only device that appears in the list is my iPhone. My roommate has been able ...

• I have a Macbook Pro with OSx installed. For some reason, when I try to use the iPhone's Spotify Connect function, my Macbook won't even show up in the list of devices. The only device that appears i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Price when ordered via iOS in App purchase

Hi, Recently I bought the monthly subscription via in app purchase for 12.99€ just to see sometime later that if I had purchased via computer it would have only cost 9.99€. This really sucks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Recently I bought the monthly subscription via in app purchase  for 12.99€ just to see sometime later that if I had purchased via computer it would have only cost 9.99€.   ...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add an album to an existing playlist on iPhone

Is it possible to add an entire album to an existing playlist on the iPhone? I don't see an option to do that from the album's "ellipsis" menu. If this isn't an option right now, it really should be.

• Is it possible to add an entire album to an existing playlist on the iPhone? I don't see an option to do that from the album's "ellipsis" menu.   If this isn't an option right now, it really...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Twitter sharing not working

Spotify won't let me share to Twitter on iOS I keep getting an error message that tells me the connection to Twitter failed any one got any ideas??

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't let me share to Twitter on iOS I keep getting an error message that tells me the connection to Twitter failed any one got any ideas??
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 and bluetooth connection

Hey guys, I recently purchased a new car "Nissan Patrol 2014". When I connect my iPhone 6 with the car's bluetooth it works well. Sound is fine, quality is fine, and the data on the car screen gets updated (Artist name, album, track name). However, a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I recently purchased a new car "Nissan Patrol 2014". When I connect my iPhone 6 with the car's bluetooth it works well. Sound is fine, quality is fine, and the data on the car screen gets u...
  • a_badri
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    iOS8
    iphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] New Desktop & iPad Client breaks a pla

The bug I am talking about, which as I know of affects the iOS [from what I know, iPad] and the PC clients would be that if you have subscribed to another persons "Starred Playlist", you cannot view the songs. As, if you click on the playlist, it sho...

• Roadie
  • The bug I am talking about, which as I know of affects the iOS [from what I know, iPad] and the PC clients would be that if you have subscribed to another persons "Starred Playlist", you cannot view ...
  • StaticPixel
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing without Facebook

Hi Spotify Community, I need some help. I've been a Spotify user for years now, but I do not use Facebook. I play music primarily from my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), but I've noticed that I can't share songs with my friends on Spotify unless I sen...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify Community, I need some help. I've been a Spotify user for years now, but I do not use Facebook. I play music primarily from my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad), but I've noticed that I ca...
  • orangetwelve
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
    sharing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Draging itunes playlists to spotify - mixes up playlist order!

When I drag my playlist from my itunes to spotify (My Music - New playlist) the entire order of songs is jumbled! I have to go into the playlist in Spotify and drag the songs around to recreate the original playlist. Any way to avoid that issue????

• When I drag my playlist from my itunes to spotify (My Music - New playlist) the entire order of songs is jumbled!  I have to go into the playlist in Spotify and drag the songs around to recreate...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable To Play Track

Hi all, I've been having an issue with my Spotify app on my iPhone 5. When connecting over 3G it comes up saying 'unable to play track' this happens on saved playlists and on searched songs (I currently don't have any playlists saved offline). It's n...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,   I've been having an issue with my Spotify app on my iPhone 5. When connecting over 3G it comes up saying 'unable to play track' this happens on saved playlists and on searched song...
  • Sonjim272
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

album covers

Hi, on my iphone 5s my album covers wont come up when i click on the song, it comes up when its at the bottom but not when i click on it. i know its not such a big problem but it is really annoying me. thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    on my iphone 5s my album covers wont come up when i click on the song, it comes up when its at the bottom but not when i click on it. i know its not such a big problem but it is ...
  • tomshale
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes