Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Spotify for iOS pauses every 5-10 seconds

Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi). I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellular data coverage. The app also works fine when I am c...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify iOS app constantly pauses every 5-10 seconds only when streaming with mobile data (not over wifi). I never have trouble streaming Pandora, so I am skeptical that it is a problem with cellul...
  • reckoner227
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

swipe left to delete song in playlist

Hello all, I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlists)? It would be super to have that simple and incredibly useful feature back...

• Roadie
  • Hello all,    I'm curious as to why swipe to delete an individual song (swipe left and a delete button appears) was a feature a while ago and then removed (for personal playlist...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

IPAD Search

Suddenly the search function has gone from the Ipad app/// To me its pretty much useless now... Why so much difference between the ios and Andorid apps, my android phone runs this service how it should behave...

• Casual Listener
  • Suddenly the search function has gone from the Ipad app///   To me its pretty much useless now...   Why so much difference between the ios and Andorid apps, my android phone runs th...
  • fatolaf
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium update but still free member on iphone

Hei, I updated my account to premium two days ago, but I am still free member on my iphone. I logged out and deleted the app, but after that, I am still only free member. What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hei, I updated my account to premium two days ago, but I am still free member on my iphone. I logged out and deleted the app, but after that, I am still only free member. What can I do?
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't want to have connect on my devices.

I don't want to have connect on my devices. I want to be able to stream music on one device whilst streaming other music on another, or at least listening to a playlist. I find it frustrating that I have spotify on two devices but I am forced to only...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't want to have connect on my devices. I want to be able to stream music on one device whilst streaming other music on another, or at least listening to a playlist. I find it frustrating that I ...
  • Schnoipah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist randomly stops playing on iPad

Premium member; using iPad mini, create playlists for fitness class. This has worked correctly for about 5 months; about 2 months ago, the playlist would not start next song without me touching start arrow. Using crossfade w/11 sec and gapless playba...

• Regular
  • Premium member; using iPad mini, create playlists for fitness class. This has worked correctly for about 5 months; about 2 months ago, the playlist would not start next song without me touching ...
  • RockinRoyston
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How do I turn off shuffle?

I'm a Spotify Premium user, so I should be able to listen to music on my iPhone without shuffling (i.e. moving directly from one song to the next, in album order). But I can't figure out how to do it. I don't seem to have that option on the phone, an...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Spotify Premium user, so I should be able to listen to music on my iPhone without shuffling (i.e. moving directly from one song to the next, in album order). But I can't figure out how to do it...
  • wlundin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Atualizar spotify premium

Adquiri o spotify premium há exatamente um mês e hoje, no dia que deveria ser atualizado automaticamente, está como se eu estivesse com a versão grátis e não consigo atualizar manualmente. O que posso fazer?

• Adquiri o spotify premium há exatamente um mês e hoje, no dia que deveria ser atualizado automaticamente, está como se eu estivesse com a versão grátis e não consigo atualizar manualmente. O que poss...
  • Morgadon
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming wifi problem

Hello, I have some problems with spotify. I have a iphone 5 is connected to a wifi modem tp-link Archer7. As I listen to the music connected to the modem and the Bose SoundLink bluethoot the songs are interrupted, you can not load or load in half. If...

• Hello, I have some problems with spotify. I have a iphone 5 is connected to a wifi modem tp-link Archer7. As I listen to the music connected to the modem and the Bose SoundLink bluethoot the so...
  • reckoner227
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

IOS local file playlist wont play

Hey there, I have a music file that I want on my starred playlist but when I add it and make it offline it still wont play. I have made the playlist with the file offline on both my PC and my IOS, and its connected to the same wifi network. the file ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I have a music file that I want on my starred playlist but when I add it and make it offline it still wont play. I have made the playlist with the file offline on both my PC and my IOS...
  • duhkoda
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 2.0.0.1643 Crashing constantly on IPhone 4

Since version 1.7.0-something Spotify kept closing on me. The following update and it stopped crashing for a while. Then it began again and with a new sympton: every two or three songs it stops playing in the middle or at start if the screen is locke...

• Since version 1.7.0-something Spotify kept closing on me. The following update and it stopped crashing for a while. Then it began again and with a new sympton: every two or three songs it stops pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't get my ipod to sync with my spotify

I have an Ipod touch, and I'm trying to sync it to my spotify. When I googled the steps, it sent me to the spotify support page, and gave me a list of steps to complete. The very first one is plugging your ipod into your computer. It says that your i...

• Visitor
  • I have an Ipod touch, and I'm trying to sync it to my spotify. When I googled the steps, it sent me to the spotify support page, and gave me a list of steps to complete. The very first one is pluggin...
  • Rodneytaylor
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music saved sudenlly disappeard from Iphone

I was listening to music on my car, when it stoped. All music saved were gone. They are still on my library on my spotify´s computer. How can I sync then with my iphone again? Thanks!!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to music on my car, when it stoped. All music saved were gone.   They are still on my library on my spotify´s computer.   How can I sync then with my iphone again? ...
  • Tuckercahill99
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue items don't appear or queue incorrectly?

I've noticed strange behaviour in 2.0.0.1643 with regards to play queues?I was adding to a queue remotely from iPhone to iphone. I was playing an album, a friend asked to search for another artist. I did this, located a song and picked queue - when I...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed strange behaviour in 2.0.0.1643 with regards to play queues? I was adding to a queue remotely from iPhone to iphone. I was playing an album, a friend asked to search for another artis...
  • 365nice
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I register Three Devices with Spotify Premium

I have Spotify Premium and want to register my Mac, my iPad and my wife's iPad as the three accounts. How do I do that? I am able to get my wife's to work when I log in with MY facebook credentials ... but then I get a message on MY ipad that I am co...

• I have Spotify Premium and want to register my Mac, my iPad and my wife's iPad as the three accounts. How do I do that?   I am able to get my wife's to work when I log in with MY facebook cr...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify / İpod Sync

I have an IPod shuffle , I'm trying to sync my list to it but when i press the start button on my device the green and orange light turns on & off for three times. So i can't listen my songs.

ss (2014-11-16 at 09.22.16).png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have an IPod shuffle , I'm trying to sync my list to it but when i press the start button on my device the green and orange light turns on & off for three times. So i can't listen my songs. &...
  • Tynwald
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

More Efficient Playlist Curation?

Has the ability to delete songs off of my playlists with a simple left swipe been considered? My playlists can be pretty fluid and I like to add a bunch of songs at once and delete a couple songs later. Right now if I want to delete a song I have to ...

• Roadie
  • Has the ability to delete songs off of my playlists with a simple left swipe been considered?   My playlists can be pretty fluid and I like to add a bunch of songs at once and delete a coupl...
  • scottydo
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • curation
    iOS
    Playlist iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

LOCAL FILES DO NOT PLAY ON MOBILE IPHONE 6

I used to listen to them when i drive wether online or not but all my local files do not play they just show " -:-- " where it should show the time elapsed and the legth of the song. What should I do? I can listen to them on my laptop or my itunes bu...

• I used to listen to them when i drive wether online or not but all my local files do not play they just show " -:-- " where it should show the time elapsed and the legth of the song. What should I do...
  • rtort16
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Saved songs are deleted

I´m using spotify in my car with an old ipod. Therefore I´ve saved my favourite playlists for offline mode. Now it happened more than one time that my saved songs were deleted on my device when renewing the spotify account. And no: It cannot be the r...

• Regular
  • I´m using spotify in my car with an old ipod. Therefore I´ve saved my favourite playlists for offline mode. Now it happened more than one time that my saved songs were deleted on my device when renew...
  • wernerF
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Album art work NOT THERE

This is really ticking me off! Whenever I play a downloaded song it doesn't show artwork. I'm not even in offline mode! Same with playlists. Anyone have any ways to work around this bug?

• This is really ticking me off! Whenever I play a downloaded song it doesn't show artwork. I'm not even in offline mode! Same with playlists. Anyone have any ways to work around this bug?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Art work
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes