Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Buttons without icon

The artist button on the now playing page does not work and has not for the past three versions of Sotify. What is wrong? Can' get to an artist without doing a search.

• Regular
  • The artist button on the now playing page does not work and has not for the past three versions of Sotify. What is wrong? Can' get to an artist without doing a search.
  • PaulLM
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5s will not appear under Devices when connected

When I connect my iPhone 5s to my computer using a USB cable, it does not show up under the Devices tab in Spotify on my desktop. Is there an easy fix for this?

• Visitor
  • When I connect my iPhone 5s to my computer using a USB cable, it does not show up under the Devices tab in Spotify on my desktop. Is there an easy fix for this?
  • Jurgenbm
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • devices
    iphone
    iPhone 5S
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Block a Song?

So I've read that you could block a song when they still had the star function, but I can't seem to figure out how to now. Every few songs they "suggest" Call Me Maybe even on playlist with more than 15 songs. I can't stand it. I have to restart my a...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've read that you could block a song when they still had the star function, but I can't seem to figure out how to now. Every few songs they "suggest" Call Me Maybe even on playlist with more than...
  • CathRyann
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Searched music won't play

I search the music I want, then I click it and ten my screen blacks out and goes home.

• I search the music I want, then I click it and ten my screen blacks out and goes home.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists dissapeared

When I went on my spotify app today all of my playlists are there but some didn't have the album pic there. So when I went in the play list all of the songs in that play list were gone, and when I searched on that play list it was gone. I listendto t...

• When I went on my spotify app today all of my playlists are there but some didn't have the album pic there. So when I went in the play list all of the songs in that play list were gone, and when I se...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Files won't sync to iphone 5s

I enjoy spotify for alot of reasons but I'm looking to download all of my music to my iphone so that I don't eat up as much data. I have "songs" and all of my playlists set to "available offline" but it shows its not syncing them anymore. A few songs...

• I enjoy spotify for alot of reasons but I'm looking to download all of my music to my iphone so that I don't eat up as much data. I have "songs" and all of my playlists set to "available offline" but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my ipod wont download music so i can listen offline

so i turn my playlists to offline and i am sitting next to my computer and they are both connected to the same wifi.. but the songs are not syncing or downloading to my iphone so i can listen to them offline... why? it has worked before but will not ...

• Visitor
  • so i turn my playlists to offline and i am sitting next to my computer and they are both connected to the same wifi.. but the songs are not syncing or downloading to my iphone so i can listen to th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesnt recongnize iphone

Hii, Since a few days wont my spotify recognize my iphone anymore. Is there someone who can help me? x Anne

• Hii, Since a few days wont my spotify recognize my iphone anymore. Is there someone who can help me? x Anne
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists gone on ipad

I am a premium user and have spotify on my iPad and 2 iPhones. In the last two weeks my playlists have disappeared on the iPad even though they are still on my phones. Wen I try to access the playlists on my iPad, it looks like it is searching (2 bla...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user and have spotify on my iPad and 2 iPhones. In the last two weeks my playlists have disappeared on the iPad even though they are still on my phones. Wen I try to access the playl...
  • gazler007
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files and "Your Music"

Because I've desperately wanted to be able to alphabetize my starred list by title, I finally made the switch to using "Your Music" and just adding my starred items so they appear in that song list. Now I can alphabetize them by title - yay. BUT, it ...

• Because I've desperately wanted to be able to alphabetize my starred list by title, I finally made the switch to using "Your Music" and just adding my starred items so they appear in that song list. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    your songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Music / Artists not working on iPhone

iPhone shows only 3 artists under Your Music / Artists although I have more than 20. All the artists are showing correctly on the mac version.

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone shows only 3 artists under Your Music / Artists although I have more than 20. All the artists are showing correctly on the mac version.    
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing after 10/12 seconds

Even if I have full wifi or 4g it will play a song for 10/12 seconds and then just stop playing and I need to restart the app

• Visitor
  • Even if I have full wifi or 4g it will play a song for 10/12 seconds and then just stop playing and I need to restart the app
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't sync local files :(

Hi! My iPod Touch doesn't want to sync local files from Spotify. All other music from Spotify (artists, albums) are being synced very well. Local files are only sync when first i add them to playlist and after that playlist with local files and folde...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! My iPod Touch doesn't want to sync local files from Spotify. All other music from Spotify (artists, albums) are being synced very well. Local files are only sync when first i add them to playli...
  • piotr3kk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable 'enable network warning' when in Offline mode

As the title says.I recently was outside of my own country without any WiFi available, so to be sure spotify wasn't going streaming anything I put it on offline mode.But after I put my phone at Airplane mode aswell (while spotify was in offline mode)...

• Regular
  • As the title says. I recently was outside of my own country without any WiFi available, so to be sure spotify wasn't going streaming anything I put it on offline mode. But after I put my phone at A...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Eaqualizer

PLEASE get the eaqualizer on Android to the Apple products as well!! For us people with more interest in sound, it is really useful!! Thanks on advance

• Casual Listener
  • PLEASE get the eaqualizer on Android to the Apple products as well!! For us people with more interest in sound, it is really useful!! Thanks on advance
  • CallMeVitor
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume button and Hold to Preview not working in 1.4.1 - iPhone 5

Since the 1.4.1 update in Spotify app, I am seeing 2 issues in iPhone 5: 1) The volume button does not work at all. When I click it, the whole screen gets dimmed but no volume bar / AirPlay controls appear, so I am unable to change the volume or swit...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the 1.4.1 update in Spotify app, I am seeing 2 issues in iPhone 5:   1) The volume button does not work at all.  When I click it, the whole screen gets dimmed but no volume bar / ...
  • sarge_in
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • hold
    preview
    volume
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 2 devices

Hi I have an iphone 5 and samsung note tablet if I download spotify on both and set up 1 premium account can I sync both devices to the same account as sometimes I take phone out an other times I use tablet but want the same music on both

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have an iphone 5 and samsung note tablet if I download spotify on both and set up 1 premium account can I sync both devices to the same account as sometimes I take phone out an other times I use...
  • mrjarnisherwin
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync stops for reason on iPad air

I've checked that other devices ain't using Spotify, keep touching the screen to keep it active, reactivated the app, reconnected to Wi-Fi...but it keeps stopping for no reason at all. It's just weird.

• Casual Listener
  • I've checked that other devices ain't using Spotify, keep touching the screen to keep it active, reactivated the app, reconnected to Wi-Fi...but it keeps stopping for no reason at all. It's just weir...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

'Your Music' & Following Lists

Why is it that the artists I have on my 'Your Music' page and 'Following' do not match completely. Some artists only show up on the 'Your Music' page while others only show up on my 'Following' page. Is there a way to sync them so that each list is i...

• Why is it that the artists I have on my 'Your Music'  page and 'Following' do not match completely. Some artists only show up on the 'Your Music' page while others only show up on my 'Following'...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to just randomly play songs from all my playlists?

I looked under radio stations and it has a bunch of artists with suggested tracks that are similar to all the artists in my playlists, but I want to play tracks randomly from all my playlists combined.

• Roadie
  • I looked under radio stations and it has a bunch of artists with suggested tracks that are similar to all the artists in my playlists, but I want to play tracks randomly from all my playlists combine...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 5S
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes