Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Connecting to Twitter

iPhone 5 upto date with Apple and Spotify. No Facebook connection. When I try to share via twitter spotify is unable to 'connection to twitter failed'

• iPhone 5 upto date with Apple and Spotify. No Facebook connection. When I try to share via twitter spotify is unable to 'connection to twitter failed'
  • ccaarrllooss4
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music pausing when app closes

Updated to the new version of the app, now whenever I'm playing music and exit the app or the screen locks, my music fades out and pauses. Thus, a useless app. Help please

• Casual Listener
  • Updated to the new version of the app, now whenever I'm playing music and exit the app or the screen locks, my music fades out and pauses. Thus, a useless app. Help please 😞
  • TheGreatDave
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song information not displaying correctly in lockscreen

I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1 and I updated my Spotify to version 1.0.0. After the update, the information (name/artist) of my local files/songs that I synced from computer are no longer displayed on the lockscreen. And the app has terrible lag...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1 and I updated my Spotify to version 1.0.0.   After the update, the information (name/artist) of my local files/songs that I synced from computer are no lo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium account not working on iPhone 4S

Hello, I just signed up for the free 30 day trial of Spotify Premium. It seems to work on the desktop app, but when I log in to Spotify on my iPhone with my Facebook account, it won't allow me to stream on demand music and gives me the message "Only ...

• Hello,   I just signed up for the free 30 day trial of Spotify Premium. It seems to work on the desktop app, but when I log in to Spotify on my iPhone with my Facebook account, it won't allo...
  • Kalluminate
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Weird audio hiccups

Today I encountered some pauses with no audio, and then it would start up again. This happened with the track continuing to play even though the audio wasn't playing. My headphones are not the problem since this happened about three times in 30 minut...

• Music Fan
  • Today I encountered some pauses with no audio, and then it would start up again. This happened with the track continuing to play even though the audio wasn't playing. My headphones are not the proble...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ability to select by artist in Starred playlist

I just updated my iPhone and noticed when I selected my "starred" playlist it only lets me play in shuffle mode or I can filter up top. Before this latest patch I could search my starred playlist by artist, album, song, etc.. Now it appears I have to...

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated my iPhone and noticed when I selected my "starred" playlist it only lets me play in shuffle mode or I can filter up top.  Before this latest patch I could search my starred playli...
  • IAmDrummist
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play

I pay for my spotify account, but I still cannot get shuffle play off when I am on the app. How can I fix that?

• I pay for my spotify account, but I still cannot get shuffle play off when I am on the app. How can I fix that?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Black - Can't see new 'save' function

I've just switched back to spotify from Rdio after the new announcements, however one of the key features I was excited about and switched back for is the 'save' option to build a collection, which isn't on the new iOS version. Is this something that...

• I've just switched back to spotify from Rdio after the new announcements, however one of the key features I was excited about and switched back for is the 'save' option to build a collection, which i...
  • punchbuggy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Redesign

I've just updated to the new spotify redesign in my iPhone 4S in the UK. Ive noticed I haven't received the 'Your Music' section update as shown and is still there as 'Playlists'. I thought as a premium user I would receive the newest features first....

• Regular
  • I've just updated to the new spotify redesign in my iPhone 4S in the UK. Ive noticed I haven't received the 'Your Music' section update as shown and is still there as 'Playlists'. I thought as a pre...
  • jedboss
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Redesign
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Information

Unless I'm missing something, are album reviews missing from the new Spotify update? I liked being able to read reviews or information about individual albums while I was listening to them. Not every album had one, but many did, and now I don't see a...

• Roadie
  • Unless I'm missing something, are album reviews missing from the new Spotify update?  I liked being able to read reviews or information about individual albums while I was listening to...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

v1.0.0.3251 Discover "Add to Queue" option missing.

I used the forum search option for this but didn't find anything. Someone point me in the right direction if I'm wrong... After the update today April 2, 2014, the add to queue option is now missing from the Discover section. I used to be able to go ...

• Music Fan
  • I used the forum search option for this but didn't find anything.  Someone point me in the right direction if I'm wrong...   After the update today April 2, 2014, the add to queue optio...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Odd UI behavior

On the latest update, when bringing up an album, if you swipe down the album picture will naturally go down. Lift the finger from the screen and it will spring up. However, it does not return to its initial position, and so a small blank space remain...

photo 1.PNG photo 2.PNG photo.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • On the latest update, when bringing up an album, if you swipe down the album picture will naturally go down. Lift  the finger from the screen and it will spring up. However, it does not return t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock Screen won't show local files

Having a bug where my lockscreen will not show song/album art if it is a local file. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • Having a bug where my lockscreen will not show song/album art if it is a local file.   Any suggestions?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unlimited has advertisments on ipad mini only with wireless

Hi, does anyone know why i have with Spotify unlimited adverts on my ipad but not on the imac? It´s really annoying... bø

• Hi,   does anyone know why i have with Spotify unlimited adverts on my ipad but not on the imac? It´s really annoying...   bø
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists Won't Play

I just did a software update on my iPod touch and now when I try to play a playlist the device locks up briefly then kills the spotify app completely. Have unintalled/reinstalled several times with no luck. What is going on and how I do I get this fi...

• Regular
  • I just did a software update on my iPod touch and now when I try to play a playlist the device locks up briefly then kills the spotify app completely.  Have unintalled/reinstalled several times ...
  • eddi0
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Can't open spotify!

I just got the newest update for spotify on my iPad and now it won't open I have turned of my iPad and deleted and then renown loaded the app but it still won't open what's wrong? Can anyone help?

• I just got the newest update for spotify on my iPad and now it won't open I have turned of my iPad and deleted and then renown loaded the app but it still won't open what's wrong? Can anyone help?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat button for single tracks on iPhone

Hi all, There is no repeat button for single tracks on iOS yet they have implemented this for deskptop. Why so? Is this coming soon?

• Music Fan
  • Hi all,   There is no repeat button for single tracks on iOS yet they have implemented this for deskptop.  Why so?  Is this coming soon?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files double space issue

Hello everyone, I have all of my local files on Itunes but I want to make them available on Spotify. I was wondering a couple of things when making the local files available. 1) Am I going to have double files on my iphone? I mean is it one local fil...

• Hello everyone,   I have all of my local files on Itunes but I want to make them available on Spotify. I was wondering a couple of things when making the local files available.   1)...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes