Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPod 6th Gen will NOT connect to Spotify.

I can't connect my ipod to Spotify, is there still no fix for this?

• I can't connect my ipod to Spotify, is there still no fix for this?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot share/send songs on iPhone

Hi! Got the new iPhone and downloaded the Spotify App. Tried to send a song to a friend via email. The page pops up for a second, where you would then write in a recipient's email address. But then the page pulls away. I tried sending a song via SMS ...

• Hi!  Got the new iPhone and downloaded the Spotify App.  Tried to send a song to a friend via email.  The page pops up for a second, where you would then write in a recipient's email a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Greyed out playlists?

If I go to a song and select 'add to playlist' some of my playlists are greyed out and it won't let me select them.What's going on?It does this on my iPhone.

• Casual Listener
  • If I go to a song and select 'add to playlist' some of my playlists are greyed out and it won't let me select them. What's going on? It does this on my iPhone.
  • Gjwireland1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists with Spotify Premium

I love listening to other people's playlists. Can I search and listen to user playlists on my iPhone if I get Spotify Premium? Thanks!

• I love listening to other people's playlists.   Can I search and listen to user playlists on my iPhone if I get Spotify Premium?   Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab disappeared

Today morning, Discover tab disappeared from iPhone app and was replaced with What's new. Until yesterday it was working as expected. Any one else experiencing this problem??

• Regular
  • Today morning, Discover tab disappeared from iPhone app and was replaced with What's new. Until yesterday it was working as expected.  Any one else experiencing this problem??
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not syncing

Hi, I've recently updated to Spotify Premium and for some reason my playlists won't sync for "available offline". I've tried logging out and back in, restarting my wifi router, restarting my iPhone, everything! It just won't download them! Any tips? ...

• Hi, I've recently updated to Spotify Premium and for some reason my playlists won't sync for "available offline". I've tried logging out and back in, restarting my wifi router, restarting my iPhone, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

One click and all offline songs are gone

Hi there I had one playlist with 1000+ songs that I made Available Offline. Unfortunately, I think I deselected the Available Offline button atop this playlist in my pocket. Now I need to completely redownload all 1000+ songs. Could I recommend perha...

• Hi there   I had one playlist with 1000+ songs that I made Available Offline. Unfortunately, I think I deselected the Available Offline button atop this playlist in my pocket. Now I need to ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

iOS7 vs Spotify 8.0 bug fix - still not working

My new IPhone 5s updated the Spotify App I had loaded - it said to "fix some bugs that were irritating us" & "is now compatible with iOS7". Well, when i plug into car, still getting 'connection error' when i try to use Spotify.. Just FYI..

• My new IPhone 5s updated the Spotify App I had loaded - it said to "fix some bugs that were irritating us" & "is now compatible with iOS7". Well, when i plug into car, still getting 'connection e...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I LISTEN FROM my IPHONE, is it automatically in PRIVATE MODE then?

When I LISTEN FROM my IPHONE, is it automatically in PRIVATE MODE then? Before you could choose Private Mode in the phone as well, but not anymore.

• Visitor
  • When I LISTEN FROM my IPHONE, is it automatically in PRIVATE MODE then?   Before you could choose Private Mode in the phone as well, but not anymore.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch v6.1 iOS - Spotify not working

Hi - I am a premium subscriber, however since 4/2/13 I have been intermittently suffering with problems on my iPod Touch, v6.1 iOS. Since 10/2/13 I have been completely unable to use Spotify on this device. (FYI - this is a wifi device.) After launch...

• Regular
  • Hi - I am a premium subscriber, however since 4/2/13 I have been intermittently suffering with problems on my iPod Touch, v6.1 iOS.  Since 10/2/13 I have been completely unable to use Spotify on...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

APP AND FILE SIZE

HiI need space on my device. So I want to delete some "without connection" playlist (1,7 Go). Once it is done (I've switch the button) it is like the file are still on my device as the size of the app does not decrease as it should be. Even after res...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I need space on my device. So I want to delete some "without connection" playlist (1,7 Go). Once it is done (I've switch the button) it is like the file are still on my device as the size of ...
  • nicoparis
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues using "Connect"

Hello chaps, trying to make this happen at home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHU67Nnmuo I'm using a Philips MC18080/12, it plays Spotify no problem at home as does my Iphone 4 with ios6. In the video above she looks as though she presses the speak...

• Regular
  • Hello chaps, trying to make this happen at home   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHU67Nnmuo   I'm using a Philips MC18080/12, it plays Spotify no problem at home as does my Iphone ...
  • Lorenzo_NGG
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Better Organization

Is there a way to organize a playlist other than the time a track was added? On the computer, you can organize a playlist alphabetically by track or artist, date added, etc. Is "date added" the only option for Spotify for iOS?

• Is there a way to organize a playlist other than the time a track was added? On the computer, you can organize a playlist alphabetically by track or artist, date added, etc. Is "date added" the only ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play track

HiI have spotify premium but when i listen to musik i often (at least onde per hour) get à sign that says "unable to play track", what is this and how do i fix it?RgsChristian

• Hi I have spotify premium but when i listen to musik i often (at least onde per hour) get à sign that says "unable to play track", what is this and how do i fix it? Rgs Christian
  • mbug90
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unsync old phone

I have a premium account and have 3 devices synced. After replacing my phone, I synced my new phone, but it periodically logs out and deletes any downloaded playlists I have on my new phone. Does anybody know how to manage devices?

• Regular
  • I have a premium account and have 3 devices synced.  After replacing my phone, I synced my new phone, but it periodically logs out and deletes any downloaded playlists I have on my new phone. &n...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Opening iOS 7 Control Center can cause Spotify to skip the song you were enjoying

The slide gesture that is used to open the iOS 7 Control Center can cause the spotify app to advance to the next song when viewing art work in full-screen mode. Consider the following scenario on the iPad: Listen to Spotify Radio while viewing album ...

• Casual Listener
  • The slide gesture that is used to open the iOS 7 Control Center can cause the spotify app to advance to the next song when viewing art work in full-screen mode. Consider the following ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont play some songs.

A problem has just started in Spotify on my iPhone with certain songs in playlists.I have them selected for offline and they all have the green circle with the arrow in but some of them just won't play. They look like they are playing as they appear ...

• Regular
  • A problem has just started in Spotify on my iPhone with certain songs in playlists. I have them selected for offline and they all have the green circle with the arrow in but some of them just won'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files – Don't want Spotify matching with online tracks

I synced the Sigur Ros album Agaetis Byrjun, 2 tracks are not available on Spotify via the album, one track Sven G is available but only from a Sountrack (Vanilla Sky) ...well, when I listen to this album Spotify grabs the track from the soundtrack, ...

• I synced the Sigur Ros album Agaetis Byrjun, 2 tracks are not available on Spotify via the album, one track Sven G is available but only from a Sountrack (Vanilla Sky) ...well, when I listen to this ...
  • barchambo1971
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone problems with offline playlists

Occasionally, when my a song is ending on my iPhone, the next song will appear as playing on my phone's lock screen, but no sound is being emited from the phone. This means you have to unlock the phone and just place the 'playing' slider back to 0.Ob...

• Roadie
  • Occasionally, when my a song is ending on my iPhone, the next song will appear as playing on my phone's lock screen, but no sound is being emited from the phone. This means you have to unlock the pho...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share songs via SMS

For some reason today I can't text song links anymore- how do I fix??-"already deleted the app and reinstalled. Anyone else having this issue?

• For some reason today I can't text song links anymore- how do I fix??-"already deleted the app and reinstalled. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes