Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Spotify wont sync my playlists

Hey guys ive had no problems with spotify recently except that my ipod touch playists wont sync all the way. I have done a clean install on my ipod and computer with no help. when i turn on spotify on my ipod the playlists are all listed but only a p...

• Hey guys ive had no problems with spotify recently except that my ipod touch playists wont sync all the way.  I have done a clean install on my ipod and computer with no help. when i turn on spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone Not Registering My Premium Subscription

Hey all,I have had Spotify Premium for a few months with no problems. However this morning after I got off work my iPhone no longer registers that I am a premium member. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all, I have had Spotify Premium for a few months with no problems. However this morning after I got off work my iPhone no longer registers that I am a premium member. Help?
  • BrandonHotz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist is empty.

Hi! When i open my playlist "jeje" it is empty. This is the case on both my computer and android. The playlist is there, the songs is there, but they kind of is not there... All the songs are downloaded, but when im not online they wont appear on the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! When i open my playlist "jeje" it is empty. This is the case on both my computer and android. The playlist is there, the songs is there, but they kind of is not there... All the songs are downloa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pls Help: Iphone 5 is not being recognised by Spotify and can't sync

I've been using Spotify for years but I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium. When I wanted to use it on my Iphone 5 I logged in using the same account and managed to streamed music on my iPhone5. But it was later that I realised the music I streamed...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify for years but I recently upgraded to Spotify Premium. When I wanted to use it on my Iphone 5 I logged in using the same account and managed to streamed music on my iPhone5. Bu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing any playlists to iPhone

I have uninstalled Spotify and restarted both my Mac and iPhone, then re-installed the app back onto both devices. Space is not an issue as I still had 6+ GB on my iPhone prior to uninstalling. Upon uninstalling it removed all saved data (including t...

• Visitor
  • I have uninstalled Spotify and restarted both my Mac and iPhone, then re-installed the app back onto both devices.  Space is not an issue as I still had 6+ GB on my iPhone prior to uninstalling....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops after 1 min (iPhone)

Today when listening to Spotify on my Iphone 4 the music stops after about 1 min. Then I have to fast forward just a little and then I can press play again. But it does this every minute. It has never done this before. App Store is not telling me a u...

• Regular
  • Today when listening to Spotify on my Iphone 4 the music stops after about 1 min. Then I have to fast forward just a little and then I can press play again. But it does this every minute.   It...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Portion of my playlists do not load

Spotify, When using your iPhone app only the bottom half of my playlists automatically load when I open with out without a network connection. The more recent playlists cannot load withot a network connection. On top of that, the more recently added ...

• Spotify,   When using your iPhone app only the bottom half of my playlists automatically load when I open with out without a network connection. The more recent playlists cannot load withot a ...
  • Matts002
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium account is not working anymore

Hi, I pay for Spotify but can not use my premium account. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app. twice but it still not working. Following error message appear when i click on a song "Spotify is required for on-demand mobile streaming. It´s fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I pay for Spotify but can not use my premium account. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app. twice but it still not working. Following error message appear when i click on a song&...
  • karinhogmark
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced playlist consume 3G if NOT offline mode?

Hi I cant find a clear answer for this thus posted this question. Device: Iphone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) Status: Spotify premium Question: For the playlist I synced, will it consume 3G data if I play the song in this playlist WITHOUT swithching to OFFLINE mode...

• Regular
  • Hi   I cant find a clear answer for this thus posted this question.   Device: Iphone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) Status: Spotify premium   Question: For the playlist I synced, will i...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files

I just got spotify premium and I follow all the steps to try to sync my local files, but my phone will not show up under devices? Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I just got spotify premium and I follow all the steps to try to sync my local files, but my phone will not show up under devices? Does anyone know how I can fix this? 
  • cmule
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available and solution

Hi all, I am looking for this song. It is the OST for the russian movie 'Metpo'. The artist is called Bi-2 and Spotify has it but not the song. I searched in itunes and found out they do have it. Is there anyway I can purchase the song from itune and...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,   I am looking for this song.  It is the OST for the russian movie 'Metpo'. The artist is called Bi-2 and Spotify has it but not the song. I searched in itunes and found out they ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing songs for offline play does not work!

I have a one month trial of premium (which i plan to continue) on a non-jailbroken phone. Everything works appropriately liike, Wifi, 3G, etc.. Please help, this is quite frustrating seeing as I've tried rebooting, reinstalling, the works. Any and al...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a one month trial of premium (which i plan to continue) on a non-jailbroken phone. Everything works appropriately liike, Wifi, 3G, etc.. Please help, this is quite frustrating seeing as I've t...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone saying Premium is required to play on my iPhone.

I have been playing on my phone since June 2012 with no problem and suddenly 2 days ago it all went offline and says I cannot play anything unless I upgrade to Premium which I already have and am paying £9.99 for the service. How can I get this worki...

• I have been playing on my phone since June 2012 with no problem and suddenly 2 days ago it all went offline and says I cannot play anything unless I upgrade to Premium which I already have and am pay...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium not working on my iPhone 3G

Hi, I just started a free trial of Spotify Premium but it won't work on my phone. I don't have a computer, so I haven't tried from one, yet. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tried logging in outside of Facebook, but it just makes me l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just started a free trial of Spotify Premium but it won't work on my phone. I don't have a computer, so I haven't tried from one, yet. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tri...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi, I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? Internet connection 120 MbWLAN N routerLAN 1Gbps Please Hel...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why?...
  • spotifyquestion
  • Regular
  • 296 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 296 replies
  • 5 likes

Some playlists do not sync

I've been having a pretty annoying problem with some of my playlists. As we all know, Spotify's mobile app does not allow sorting by name, artist, etc., so I made three separate playlists, one for sorted albums, another for artists, and another for t...

• I've been having a pretty annoying problem with some of my playlists. As we all know, Spotify's mobile app does not allow sorting by name, artist, etc., so I made three separate playlists, one for so...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

US support for iPod

Okay...I've read through much of the help about iPod support currently unavailable in the US. I have a new iPod nano which isn't supported, but apparently the iPod Touch is. I would like to take all my Spotify offline music with me on a supported iPo...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay...I've read through much of the help about iPod support currently unavailable in the US. I have a new iPod nano which isn't supported, but apparently the iPod Touch is. I would like to take all ...
  • ssmith335
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist made by others search doesnt work

I have a problem, i tried to search for some new playlist on my ipad and iphone made by other users and nothing comes up. I mean for example i type summer and only things that are shown to me are albus, artists and song connected to that word. I reme...

• I have a problem, i tried to search for some new playlist on my ipad and iphone made by other users and nothing comes up. I mean for example i type summer and only things that are shown to me are alb...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes