Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

last update- what's going on?

Regarding spotify for iphone: Sorry to say but the update is no step forward. The equaliser function (even if it was hidden before) is no longer there (you'd expect a formal release by now), lost the ability to organise songs within a playlist by mov...

• Regarding spotify for iphone:   Sorry to say but the update is no step forward. The equaliser function (even if it was hidden before) is no longer there (you'd expect a formal release by now),...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Update
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium App

Hi, I'm french but currently studying in Canada for a few months, my premium account works well on my computer but I can't download the spotify app on my iphone. I use to have this app, but I accidently erased it. When I try to dl it, this message sh...

• Hi,   I'm french but currently studying in Canada for a few months, my premium account works well on my computer but I can't download the spotify app on my iphone. I use to have this app, bu...
  • Weisen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in Car Aux

Okay so i have a few questions. Currently i listen to spotify through my car stereo via data connection like 3G and it kills my battery and i cant listen to it if someone calls me. My question is if i buy a ipod touch and install and download spotify...

• Okay so i have a few questions.   Currently i listen to spotify through my car stereo via data connection like 3G and it kills my battery and i cant listen to it if someone calls me.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone playlist rearrange app 0.6.1.48

I understand there are threads created to address this topic however none of the solutions have helped.I know you must have created the playlist and it must not be a collaboration; other than that I do not know why I can't rearrange my playlists or t...

• I understand there are threads created to address this topic however none of the solutions have helped. I know you must have created the playlist and it must not be a collaboration; other than t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

WiMP closes in on Spotify again

A month ago WiMP announced testing of flacstreaming. Now this:http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&tl=en&u=http://www.recordere.dk/indhold/templates/?a=8798Most interesting, they are more or less copying functions from spotify apps to fu...

• Roadie
  • A month ago WiMP announced testing of flacstreaming. Now this: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&tl=en&u=http://www.recordere.dk/indhold/templates/?a=8798 Most interesti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apps on ios app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t sync my local files from Mac to iPod touch 5

I'm a premium user and just changed from iPod touch 4 to 5. My local files appear like sync (in green) but when I try to play them i get a "Track not synced" banner. Any ideas?

• I'm a premium user and just changed from iPod touch 4 to 5. My local files appear like sync (in green) but when I try to play them i get a "Track not synced" banner.   Any ideas?  
  • Rocio
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

simple question from a newbie: how to operate spotify in ipad?

Hello, Installed spotify from appstore. Worked great for 48 hours trial after which it said that I need premium. Well, how to get premium? No clue in spotify, neither in appstore. After some googling I kinda understood that I should purchase a premiu...

• Hello,   Installed spotify from appstore. Worked great for 48 hours trial after which it said that I need premium. Well, how to get premium? No clue in spotify, neither in appstore.   A...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

30 day trial

I got the 30 day trial yesterday and spotify works well on my iPad and laptop but not on my iPhone. I have logged out several times and spotify still isnt working.. Help?!

• I got the 30 day trial yesterday and spotify works well on my iPad and laptop but not on my iPhone. I have logged out several times and spotify still isnt working.. Help?!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloading a Shared Playlist to iPad

A friend has shared her playlist with me. Am I able to download this playlist onto my iPad to listen offline? I am a Premium user.Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • A friend has shared her playlist with me. Am I able to download this playlist onto my iPad to listen offline? I am a Premium user. Thank you!
  • Taffyjon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files NEVER Sync, No Connection

So I have considered cancelling my Spotify because NONE of my local files will transfer to Spotify mobile. I have the premium service, though the new mixtape I downloaded will not sync to the mobile playlist. It shows up grey, and it says "Track Not ...

• So I have considered cancelling my Spotify because NONE of my local files will transfer to Spotify mobile.  I have the premium service, though the new mixtape I downloaded will not sync to the m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! stop after every song

i'm a Spotify Premium member for long time. I would like Spotify to stop after every song !Is that possible ?

• Regular
  • i'm a Spotify Premium member for long time. I would like Spotify to stop after every song ! Is that possible ?
  • philspain
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Same problem, different day....

I have had this problem before, now I'm dealing with it again. When I try to listen to a song, it brings up spotify radio and tells me my free trial is over, but I can listen to spotify radio for free. I've been paying for about two months now. Just ...

• I have had this problem before, now I'm dealing with it again. When I try to listen to a song, it brings up spotify radio and tells me my free trial is over, but I can listen to spotify radio for fre...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest iOS version keeps unsyncing offline playlists!

I'm increasingly frustrated by the latest release of the Spotify app for iOS. I'm running it on my iPhone 5, with the latest software, but I'm seeing the same problem every day - the app opens, seems to 'connect' and all of my offline playlists take ...

• Regular
  • I'm increasingly frustrated by the latest release of the Spotify app for iOS.   I'm running it on my iPhone 5, with the latest software, but I'm seeing the same problem every day - the app ope...
  • Cknopy
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

All My Accounts Went offline

When I updated Spotify on my 3rd gen ipod touch, I was hoping for another improvement. I was very dissapointed to see that after updating, all of my playlists had been switched to offline mode. Typically I can just switch back to offline mode and the...

• Casual Listener
  • When I updated Spotify on my 3rd gen ipod touch, I was hoping for another improvement. I was very dissapointed to see that after updating, all of my playlists had been switched to offline mode. Typic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync i pod

I have upgraded to premium so I can put my playlist on an i pod, however when I plug it into the computer it does not come up on the device list as the help section says it should. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • I have upgraded to premium so I can put my playlist on an i pod, however when I plug it into the computer it does not come up on the device list as the help section says it should. Any ideas?
  • JGA
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks Jumping

HiI have an issue with Spotify for iOS and I'm wondering if anybody else has the same issue.Basically, if I skip through a track e.g. from 30s to 1m45s the track will start jumping and needs to be restarted.This is totally intermittent and I even tho...

• Regular
  • Hi I have an issue with Spotify for iOS and I'm wondering if anybody else has the same issue. Basically, if I skip through a track e.g. from 30s to 1m45s the track will start jumping and needs ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't reconnect automatically if connection is lost...

Hi all, About 2 months ago I gave Spotify Premium a shot because the thought of being able to stream tracks over 3G in the car was very appealing. I had something really frustrating happen every time though which was if the connection dropped because...

• Hi all,   About 2 months ago I gave Spotify Premium a shot because the thought of being able to stream tracks over 3G in the car was very appealing.   I had something really frustr...
  • sanderpostma
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

IPOD trouble

I was trying to download my music from spotify to my ipod and it won't do it. Could someone plz call me and walk me through the process. [Snip... Super User].... I need to get the music back on it bc its not my IPOD, its my mother in laws and she wil...

• I was trying to download my music from spotify to my ipod and it won't do it. Could someone plz call me and walk me through the process. [Snip... Super User].... I need to get the music back on it bc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No more feedback on volume remote control

DescriptionSince the last two updates, I have experienced no more "sound-feedback" on using the remote control of my EarPods.Maybe it is just me were used to this feedback but it confuses me quite often not to get this response! A more detailed descr...

• Description Since the last two updates, I have experienced no more "sound-feedback" on using the remote control of my EarPods. Maybe it is just me were used to this feedback but it confuses me quit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't sync (Iphone, Ipad)

I cannot sync songs unless I play them on the device. For instance, if I want song A to be available offline on my Ipad, then I have to play the entire song on the Ipad--same thing with the Iphone. Bad thing is that if I play it in either, it's not a...

• I cannot sync songs unless I play them on the device. For instance, if I want song A to be available offline on my Ipad, then I have to play the entire song on the Ipad--same thing with the Iphone. B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes