Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can't stream away from wifi

Hi - I have just signed up for a free 30-day trial with Spotify Premium. I was able to stream content at home (wifi), but am unable to stream once I left my house via 3G. I have an iPhone 4, with Verizon service. I can see my playlists, and it looks ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi -    I have just signed up for a free 30-day trial with Spotify Premium.   I was able to stream content at home (wifi), but am unable to stream once I left my house via 3G. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Does not Sync Playlists and is not Recognized Under Mac Client

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me why the Spotify Mac Client doesn't recognize my iPhone via Wi-Fi nor cable syncing? I've deleted the app off my phone and reinstalled, as well as multiple restarts. I am still a premium member and the c...

• Hey guys,   I'm wondering if anyone could tell me why the Spotify Mac Client doesn't recognize my iPhone via Wi-Fi nor cable syncing? I've deleted the app off my phone and reinstalled, as we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problems with sound trough mixing panel

hi guys i got a big problem i am using a behinger mixing panel for my piano, stereo and aiport but when i use spotify, the sound is crap, all the voices are gone, somethimes i hear the singer wisper the lines with a broken voice but it is just not th...

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys i got a big problem   i am using a behinger mixing panel for my piano, stereo and aiport but when i use spotify, the sound is crap, all the voices are gone, somethimes i hear the sin...
  • Jelle4545
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not recognised on iPhone

Hi my spotify on my iphone has started telling me I can't listen 2 tracks as I am not a premium customer. I am however a premium customer and have been for months. Tried logging out and in again and tried deleting the app and re-installing and the pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi my spotify on my iphone has started telling me I can't listen 2 tracks as I am not a premium customer. I am however a premium customer and have been for months. Tried logging out and in again and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems with premium

Hi, Trying to stream music from My ipad but keep getting the message that I have to get a premium account. I have had that for a long time. What can I do?

• Hi, Trying to stream music from My ipad but keep getting the message that I have to get a premium account. I have had that for a long time. What can I do? 
  • Julz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost ability to search for upcoming releases

Oh, what a disaster. I've lost the ability to search for upcoming releases and I think it's all my fault A little background. I like to listen to new releases, and it used to be that I could find upcoming releases on my iPod Touch. I couldn't play th...

• Roadie
  • Oh, what a disaster. I've lost the ability to search for upcoming releases and I think it's all my fault   A little background. I like to listen to new releases, and it used to be that I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipod Touch not showing under "Devices"

I have an Ipod touch. I'm not sure what ios it is...it's an 8 gig and I got it last Christmas? I've tried updating my ipod on itunes, connecting it to the same wifi as my laptop, uninstalling then reinstalling the program on both my laptop and ipod, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipod touch. I'm not sure what ios it is...it's an 8 gig and I got it last Christmas? I've tried updating my ipod on itunes, connecting it to the same wifi as my laptop, uninstalling then re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted a playlist

Deleted my liked fom radio playlist about 2 weeks ago not realizing that after liking some new songs it wouldn't create a new liked from playlist. I saw a few people had got theirs back, anyway someone can get mine back for me?

• Casual Listener
  • Deleted my liked fom radio playlist about 2 weeks ago not realizing that after liking some new songs it wouldn't create a new liked from playlist. I saw a few people had got theirs back, anyway someo...
  • dustin_thewind
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify not recognised on ipod

hello, i upgraded yesterday but i cant get spotify on my ipod- driving me crazzzy please help!

• hello,    i upgraded yesterday but i cant get spotify on my ipod- driving me crazzzy please help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

18,0000 tracks will not load on iphone starred section but will play in shuffle mode

Do i have too many songs for it to load? Sometimes it will load in about 30 minutes. Also on my phone there is nothing in the library jus in the starred section but on my spotify desktop i have my songs in both.

• Roadie
  • Do i have too many songs for it to load? Sometimes it will load in about 30 minutes.   Also on my phone there is nothing in the library jus in the starred section but on my spotify desktop i...
  • jckinnick
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist stuck on loading.

On both my iPhone and iPad the latest version of Spotify cannot fully load my starred playlist. Whether it is empty or full it always displays the loading activity indicator. I have tried to remove and reinstall with the same results.

• Music Fan
  • On both my iPhone and iPad the latest version of Spotify cannot fully load my starred playlist.  Whether it is empty or full it always displays the loading activity indicator.  I have tried...
  • DocterD
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium account does not work on my Iphone

Hi.. My account says that Im not a Premium user anymore.. But you have drawn money from my account 5/8. Just a few days ago. What has happen ? Have sent you mail but now answer.. Please help me ASAP.. Karin Alfredsson

• Visitor
  • Hi.. My account says that Im not a Premium user anymore.. But you have drawn money from my account 5/8. Just a few days ago. What has happen ? Have sent you mail but now answer.. Please help ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Treble and mid boost when shazam is open

If spotify is playing and I open shazam it instantly boosts the treble and miss and stops when I close it.

• If spotify is playing and I open shazam it instantly boosts the treble and miss and stops when I close it.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not matching from desktop to mobile

So I have a few playlists on my phone I made from my windows desktop, such as Natalie Imbruglia's greatest hits album which has all the tracks available on my desktop. When I try to play the playlist on my mobile, only 5 of the 14 tracks are availabl...

• So I have a few playlists on my phone I made from my windows desktop, such as Natalie Imbruglia's greatest hits album which has all the tracks available on my desktop.  When I try to play the pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unnecessary free space limitation

The Spotify iOS app only allows you to sync tracks for offline playback if you have something like 275 MB (or is it 250 or 300 MB?) of free space on the device. By contrast, the built-in Camera app allows you to take a photo as long as you have space...

• Regular
  • The Spotify iOS app only allows you to sync tracks for offline playback if you have something like 275 MB (or is it 250 or 300 MB?) of free space on the device. By contrast, the built-in Camera app a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 3GS usage at 5.3 GB...

In the Usage page in Settings, it says there are 5.3 GB used and 901 MB available. And Spotify is taking up 3.8 GB (even though the app is 11.5 MB). I have a lot of music but it's all offline. I'm confused as to why this is taking so much space. Do t...

• Casual Listener
  • In the Usage page in Settings, it says there are 5.3 GB used and 901 MB available. And Spotify is taking up 3.8 GB (even though the app is 11.5 MB). I have a lot of music but it's all offline. I'm co...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

I pod on holiday

Hi, I am going on holiday and want to take my music collection with me. What player do i need to buy that works with Spotify? Nathan

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am going on holiday and want to take my music collection with me.   What player do i need to buy that works with Spotify?   Nathan
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad App: Do not shot on facebook does not work!

Hello! I'm trying Spotify but an important feature for me: NOT TO SHOW what I'm listening does not work... Anyway my friends see what I'm playing.... Any suggestions? Thank you! Greets Chris

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello!   I'm trying Spotify  but an important feature for me: NOT TO SHOW what I'm listening  does not work...   Anyway my friends see what I'm playing.... ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

some local files just wont sync to my iphone ...

... either with wifi or connected to the computer. Some did but certain albums will not. They are all of the same format. Is this process buggy. Its getting fustrating.

• Gig Goer
  • ... either with wifi or connected to the computer. Some did but certain albums will not.  They are all of the same format.   Is this process buggy. Its getting fustrating.  &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad, cannot play more than one track without restarting

Start playing a track in a playlist. After a few seconds hit the 'next track' button - artwork loads immediately, but no music and nothin buffered or buffering (at least for several seconds) - hit the 'previous track button' and not playing. Can't se...

• Casual Listener
  • Start playing a track in a playlist. After a few seconds hit the 'next track' button - artwork loads immediately, but no music and nothin buffered or buffering (at least for several seconds) - hit th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes