Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Data Usage

I was on a 20 hour car ride, I have a free subscription if that makes any difference, and Spotify only used 300MB out of my 2GB allowance, and it went from using 96KB per hour, to using 101MB per hour, how do I make the data usage go back down?

• I was on a 20 hour car ride, I have a free subscription if that makes any difference, and Spotify only used 300MB out of my 2GB allowance, and it went from using 96KB per hour, to using 101MB per hou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Devices Limit Trouble

I have frequently been getting the message about more than three offline devices and have had to constantly resync my phone. Is there anyway I can have all my devices de-synced, so I can start off with just my current phone? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have frequently been getting the message about more than three offline devices and have had to constantly resync my phone. Is there anyway I can have all my devices de-synced, so I can start off wi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 40 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 6 likes

Local Files replacing to spotify version

So I have some local files I added to my iPhone that I added with custom cover I made myself and they changed. Also some of the album names changed and on another Album there is no album title and no cover art eitherHere is the custom cover I made:ht...

• So I have some local files I added to my iPhone that I added with custom cover I made myself and they changed. Also some of the album names changed and on another Album there is no album title and no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get premium

I have Spotify premium but It's like I don't have it because I get an ad saying "get it", Ask me to join me to premium and I can't change songs. Why?

• I have Spotify premium but It's like I don't have it because I get an ad saying "get it", Ask me to join me to premium and I can't change songs. Why?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists are gone

When I updated spotify on my iPad some months ago, I noticed that all my playlists were gone. It didn't bother me then because I still could listen to them on my iPhone...but now the same thing has happened here and all my playlists are gone and nowh...

• When I updated spotify on my iPad some months ago, I noticed that all my playlists were gone. It didn't bother me then because I still could listen to them on my iPhone...but now the same thing has h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing music at the same time

Why can't more than one person be on the Spotify app playing music at once?!

• Casual Listener
  • Why can't more than one person be on the Spotify app playing music at once?!
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Different songs in the same playlist

Hi! I have Spotify Premium and I listen it in two iOS devices (iPhone and ipad). I've uploaded some songs that couldn't find in the app and I can see and listen to them in my ipad but not in my iPhone. How can I listen to the uploaded songs in my iPh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have Spotify Premium and I listen it in two iOS devices (iPhone and ipad). I've uploaded some songs that couldn't find in the app and I can see and listen to them in my ipad but not in my iPhon...
  • beingmaru
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify app from App Store

Cant download appOPTIONSmhadlowmhadlow Music Fan 3 hours agoI am having problems downloading the spotify app on my iPhone 6s. I have previously had spotify and have just upgrade my phone with Vodafone to include premium. The app is in cloud form in t...

• Regular
  • Cant download app OPTIONS mhadlow mhadlow Music Fan 3 hours ago I am having problems downloading the spotify app on my iPhone 6s. I have previously had spotify and have just upgrade my phone with...
  • DenverWoody
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all songs syncing from local files playlist

I have a couple playlists of local files where a handful of songs will not sync over to Spotify. The songs are on my computer, they play just fine from within Spotify desktop app, but when I add them to a playlist and sync it over on my iPhone, a few...

IMG_0008.PNG
  • Roadie
  • I have a couple playlists of local files where a handful of songs will not sync over to Spotify. The songs are on my computer, they play just fine from within Spotify desktop app, but when I add them...
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

music cuts out

i am strating to hate the spotify app.... while at work on any a very good wifi, my music will stop playing few a few seconds ans then start again. this will happen for hours. please fix this.. apple music may be in my future.

• Casual Listener
  • i am strating to hate the spotify app....  while at work on any a very good wifi, my music will stop playing few a few seconds ans then start again.    this will happen for hours.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Playlists] Spotify Carplay bug with nested playlists

Hi, When using Spotify with Apple Carplay, I have noticed that the Spotify app can't handle nested playlists. This is the view in my desktop client:When opening the playlists in the Carplay app, I can't browser any deeper into the structure than Egna...

Capture.PNG
  • Hi,   When using Spotify with Apple Carplay, I have noticed that the Spotify app can't handle nested playlists. This is the view in my desktop client: When opening the playlists in the Ca...
  • WillCO
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Queuing stopped working after update

I havent updated my apotify for about 3years I always believed in not upgrading since it was working perfectly fine but i thought 3 years is about time to update.. Im on the latest version and now i cant queue anything anymore im pissed on why i did ...

• I havent updated my apotify for about 3years I always believed in not upgrading since it was working perfectly fine but i thought 3 years is about time to update.. Im on the latest version and now i ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work on cellular data on my iPhone

I have an iPhone 6+ with Verizon. It has the latest update, Spotify has the latest update. I was using the app just fine until randomly, in the middle of a song, it just completely stopped working with cellular data. It won't even connect, it has the...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 6+ with Verizon. It has the latest update, Spotify has the latest update. I was using the app just fine until randomly, in the middle of a song, it just completely stopped working wi...
  • grixisdixis
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

how to get recommendation under a playlist

Hey. before my spotify had song recomended to me on the bottom of every playlist, that was suppose to match my taste. But now its gone, how to i get that back?

• Hey. before my spotify had song recomended to me on the bottom of every playlist, that was suppose to match my taste. But now its gone, how to i get that back? 
  • meganh007
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I play local files on mobile devices?

I have Spotify Premium, and I downloaded some songs on my desktop and they're playing fine on there, but on my mobile device they're greyed-out and "unavailable". How do I listen to them on mobile?

• I have Spotify Premium, and I downloaded some songs on my desktop and they're playing fine on there, but on my mobile device they're greyed-out and "unavailable". How do I listen to them on mobile?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded Playlist not appearing in Offline Library

I think the subject line pretty much sums this up but to explain further...I've downloaded the Baby Driver Soundtrack (actually a Playlist as I couldn't find official soundtrack). When I navigate to Playlists, Albums or Songs nothing appears in Offli...

• Casual Listener
  • I think the subject line pretty much sums this up but to explain further...I've downloaded the Baby Driver Soundtrack (actually a Playlist as I couldn't find official soundtrack).   When I nav...
  • Gaytweenwolf
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue

I have premium but I can't move songs around in the play queue.

• I have premium but I can't move songs around in the play queue.
  • Gaytweenwolf
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and Carplay

Hello! I come in bearing a simple suggestion to improve the experience as carplay as well as ask a question. First, the suggestion: would you please consider adding an A-Z button between the scroll arrows to help us pinpoint an artist or song? Right ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I come in bearing a simple suggestion to improve the experience as carplay as well as ask a question.   First, the suggestion: would you please consider adding an A-Z button be...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

More KPOP!

me and my girlfriend were listening the corean girlgroup, twice, and we just found the japanese version of cheer up. where is the corean version???? and we want crazy by 4minute and also hello venus :(((

• me and my girlfriend were listening the corean girlgroup, twice, and we just found the japanese version of cheer up. where is the corean version???? and we want crazy by 4minute and also hello venus ...
  • Titox
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting for wifi

I have Premium via vodafone subscription. They cancelled it in error and then reinstated it to Premium as before the next day. However, all existing tracks are just pending with "waiting for wifi" showing even when wifi is present. It lets me downloa...

• I have Premium via vodafone subscription. They cancelled it in error and then reinstated it to Premium as before the next day. However, all existing tracks are just pending with "waiting for wifi" sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes