Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Sleep Timer missing

[iOS] Sleep Timer missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Aus

Device

(iPhone XS)

Operating System

(iOS 13.3.1)

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app crashed so I had to reinstall it. When I did the sleep timer function has since disappeared. Confused. I reinstalled the app a few times to no avail. The sleep timer is no longer there. 

50D487AD-155A-46BE-B46E-C2059D4897B9.png
37 Replies

The sleep timer function is gone. I even tried reinstalling it and it still not there. Very frustrating. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 7 and iPad)

Operating System

(iOS 13.)

My Question or Issue

081CD336-2387-4B1E-886D-1BCA15EF9D5C.png

Same issue here. Missing on iPad with iOS 13.3.1. Present on Pixel 3 phone, however.

It’s gone on my iPad Pro too.

99E82051-2AE2-4A46-A912-9F4A9ECA16F9.png

Hi there @cizza13,

thanks for reaching out about this !

Could you please let me know of your Spotify version ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Hi mine is the same as well, I’m running iOS 13.4.1 

And I’m on a premium plan. Spotify kept crashing this morning and I deleted and re-installed the app a few times. Tonight I managed to log in , but the sleep timer disappeared. 

im running Spotify version 8.5.56.1214

3D817FE7-AACC-4446-819D-2F651AFDF3B3.png

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

My Question or Issue

So I’ve noticed on several podcasts (but not all, weirdly) that you have the option of turning on a sleep timer when you click on a small moon icon on the lower right of the screen displaying what’s being played (stops whatever is playing after 15, 30, 45 minutes, end of the episode, etc.) Again, this doesn’t even show up on all podcasts I play, just some. But I’m speaking under the implication that is there so you know what I’m talking about.

I’m kind of surprised that this function isn’t available for when you’re listening to music, news excerpts and so on. Personally, I know a lot more people that fall asleep listening to music then say podcasts, so I feel like this is something that should seriously be considered to add to the playing menu  in general so that no matter what you’re listening to on Spotify, you have the option to set a timer to stop it at a certain point.

The latest Spotify update occurred a couple of days ago. After installation the app appeared to keep crashing (did not load at all) so I deleted the app and reinstalled the app back onto the phone. This eventually worked.

I generally use the sleep function quiet a lot and I noticed the option has been removed from where it was (at the bottom of the drop down lost from the three dots)

Plan

Premium

Country

ireland

Device

(iPhone 10 IOS 13)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

9E789ED1-99EA-4E27-B3C5-A1836A80A8FF.png

@emmett011 wrote:

I generally use the sleep function quiet a lot and I noticed the option has been removed from where it was (at the bottom of the drop down lost from the three dots)

That's odd. For me it's present, where it was before. What version of the app do you use?

Thanks for quick reply, I have version 8.5.56.1214

@emmett011 wrote:
I have version 8.5.56.1214

Yes, the same version as mine. I'm using it on an iPhone, what's you device?

sleep-timer.jpg

I’m using an IPhone 10 or an IPad also, but it not on either of them.

@emmett011 wrote:
I’m using an IPhone 10 or an IPad

I guess, it's another bug. Unless they think, you should stay awake in Ireland )

@NpXX wrote:

I’m kind of surprised that this function isn’t available for when you’re listening to music

Sleep timer is available when you're listening to music. It's just now missing on some phones in latest version of the app.

Hi @EternalLove & @cizza13,

I'd recommend performing a clean reinstall (a bit different) of the app following the steps provided here.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi 

I tried the steps mentioned but unfortunately it did not work for me. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

We've merged a few threads together to keep you all in the loop. 

If you're missing the Sleep Timer on your iOS device, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details:

• Your device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Is the Sleep Timer missing for Music or Podcast or both? 

For now, we recommend you try this workaround to activate the Sleep Timer:

1. Open/play any podcast episode
  2. Open Now Playing view
  3. Open Menu (...)
  4. Scroll to the end of the list and check if the Sleep Timer is available and can be activated
  5. Pick a cut-off time
  6. Navigate back to Music content and start listening to your tracks
  7. Even though the Sleep Timer is still not in the list it should be enforced at the end of the selected period and the music will stop.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies and once we have all the relevant info, we will pass it on to the right teams, who will look further into it.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ipad + iPadOS 13.4.1

Spotify Version 8.5.56.1214

Sleep Timer is missing for everything (music and Podcast)

Also, your workaround didn't work @Xenia 

• iPhone 7

iOS 13.3.1

Spotify version 8.5.57.1042

Same issue.  I had access to it last night, but now the sleep timer button is gone.

0D7EF5A9-8538-4277-81A5-454C9E7AF9B6.jpeg

Update: The sleep timer is there now!

I’m missing sleep timer for both songs and podcast.

iOS 13.4.1

spotify 8.5.57.1042

Suggested posts