Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] statusbar disappears bug

[iOS] statusbar disappears bug

The statusbar (the top bar with the clock, battery, WiFi etc.) occasionally disappears/ isn't shown. A restart of the app usually fixes the issue. This happens on an iPhone 8 plus, and also on iPad Pro. I'm not sure what causes this to happen.

40 Replies

Hey folks,

Could you send us a video or screen recording where the issue can be clearly seen so we can forward it to the teams looking into this? 

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, 

I just made a screenrecording of it happening.

Note: It does not happen all the time, it happens occasionally.

This is the link to the screenrecording, since the video exceeds the 5MB filesize limit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17YFMncehPDwtuaWiJ8YDBzWmlIpZzpr4/view?usp=drivesdk

Here is another screenrecording that shows that the statusbar reappears after force closing and reopening the spotify app: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sS-MfeSFK0Wb4C2jIMFSqyoaexE5RSD9/view?usp=drivesdk

In the meantime an iOS update arrived a few days ago, so I am on iOS 15.2 now. The issue still exists (the screenrecordings where recorded with iOS 15.2)

Best,

Lukas

Hey @UTFLuke,

Thanks for sharing these screen recordings with us. You're awesome!

We've reported this to our tech folks and they are looking into it. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the issue has been resolved.

As always, your feedback is much appreciated.

We're always here if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Model: iPad Pro 5th generation
Spotify version: 8.6.84.1353

When playing a song on iOS and you go in full screen to see the playback buttons and the artwork, the top left and right corners of the screen remain blank instead of showing the time, Wi-Fi and battery symbols and whatever else there usually is in these spots. I think it would be better if these icons remained there. 

Hey @giannisleb,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We've merged your post to another thread in this Help Board where we believe it fits better.

We've already passed reports onto the right folks who are investigating this situation backstage. We could still use your details to add them to the reports to help the investigation:

1. Could you provide us with a short video recording of how you experience the situation on your end.
  2. Also include the exact details regarding your device's model, iOS version and also the exact version of the Spotify app you're currently running on.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply and we hope this gets sorted out soon, cheers!

Kiril Moderator

Happening to me as well. Status bar icons disappear randomly when opening Spotify. It returns for a short while after closing the app from the app switcher but then disappears again randomly later.

Model: iPhone 13 Pro Max

Firmware: iOS 15.2

Spotify Version: 8.6.94.351

Hi @znrestrada,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community and thanks for your info!

The right teams at Spotify are informed about this and we've also added your additional info to the investigation reports. We don't have official info yet, on when this will be resolved, but we recommend keeping an eye on the thread here, as well as keeping your app up to date, so not to miss any upcoming fix releases.

Hope this situation gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

07D5DEF1-B088-4653-AACE-C8049276C6B7.png

D559220D-1E6D-4555-9C17-7F201435DE90.png

  

this ANNOYING bug is happening to my phone since version 8.6.94.351 and it still persists even though i updated the app!

please, don’t ever tell me to update my device to the latest iOs version since i am very sure that the problem is the app itself!

Model: iPhone 13 Pro Max

Firmware: iOS 15.2

Spotify Version: 8.6.96.591

Facing the same issue on IPhone 12 with iOS 15 on app version 8.6.96.591

A3D8DFA4-FFEE-4598-AFE8-F2A587AF7AF6.png
4287C611-96B4-4FFC-A318-4B8E6B547589.png

still not solved… iPhone 13 Pro on app version 8.6.98.1447

8F3FCE81-DCFB-4D81-BD1C-3D13B7D09F09.png

also happening to me 

IMG_2104.PNG

Hey there @H4kt,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We can confirm that the right teams already have this on their radar and are investigating the matter. However we're not abel to give you an exact timeframe when a resolution for this would be available. That's why we recommend you to keep the app updated to the latest available versions at all times, so you won't miss any upcoming fixes.

We hope this clears things up. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kiril Moderator

updated to the latest version (8.6.98.1447) but i’m still experiencing the annoying bug on my 13 pro max!! 

1F57FC7A-DC59-4935-A5C7-6076F6715D95.png
B30B9CDC-D7FF-4B8F-83AD-4F51DF7203C7.png

It's quite alarming that this seemingly simple issue still hasn't been solved and is taking this long. Literally no other app has this bug.

Well, it must be a serious issue if it's still persists after all these months since iOS 15 release.

This has also been happening to me for so long that I decided to finally look this up and chime in.

Just to confirm what everyone else is already saying — this is only happening in Spotify. I’ve never had any other app do this. 

I’m on:

• iPhone XS
  • Spotify 8.6.98.1447
  • iOS 15.2.1 (19C63)

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your feedback in this thread.

As what being mentioned above, we suggest that you always keep you app up to date as we've reported this to the right team. For now, we can't say when this will be fixed but rest assured that it's being looked into.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This happens to me too. iPhone 12. 

spotify 8.7.8.1699

Plan

Premium

Country

Chile

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

Please can you put an option to enable the status bar on the "Now Playing" screen? on the newer iPhones there is a lot of space to show battery, clock, etc...

IMG_1942.PNG

Suggested posts