Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 6 Connect -> Blank Screen

iPhone 6 Connect -> Blank Screen

I have Spotify installed on an iPhone 3GS (part of an entertainment center) and my iPhone 6 (my daily-use mobile).  When I have the app running on both and select the iPhone 3GS in Connect on the iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 screen goes blank and I lose control of the app.  Whatever queue was playing continues to play, but I can no longer control the app on the iPhone 6.  The app's screen remains blank, and the lock screen transport controls also do not work.

The issue is not consistent; occasionally, everything works normally.  I have not been able to identify any controlling circumstances between the two behaviors.

For some reason, when I select "Report an Issue/Bug" on the official Spotify help page, I'm never given an opportunity to actually report anything...

Here's info about the iPhone 6 environment when the issue occurs:

iPhone model: ME344LL/A

iOS version: 8.4.1 (12H321)

Carrier: Verizon 20.0

Spotify version: 3.8.0

Using WiFi: Yes

I'll come back with more info about the 3GS environment when I get home.

3 Replies

I am having a similar problem with spotify 3.8.0.1169 iPhone 6 iOS 8.4

Selecting my Onkyo 515 reciever to play music causes a blank screen

Music does start to play on the Onkyo

Have to throw Spotify out of memory to get a none blank screen back

I have now tried about everything to get rid of the blanks screen with Spotify Connect

I have tried reboot of phone

Reinstall of Spotify App

Powered off my Onkyo for a long time - no change on restart

I am still betting a blank screen on switching from airplay to my Onkyo on Spotify Connect

Screen goes black

Changing apps and going back - still black

Throw the app out of memory and all OK when its re-started

Anyone have ideas on what I could try next?

Same problem here. When I use my everyday iphone 5S to play spotify on my Marantz receiver, the iphone spotify screen goes black and I use all control. Only solution is to close the app and restart it. 

There is ofcourse a workaround, by using the airplay function to play music from spotify on the receiver, but I want to be able to use the spotify connect feature.

Suggested posts