Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone Pro Max 14

Operating System

iOS 17.4

My Question or Issue

It's been working perfectly up until maybe a month or so now, since a month or so ago, each time i start car Spotify will connect up and play, however I find now since about a month ago - I need to restart my iphone to get music to play through my MBUX Bluetooth.

Once after restarting iphone, spotify now works.

If i turn car off, then later return back, start engine, iphone connects, i see there is no songs in list even though on the phone i can see there is a list. sometimes i see the list on mbux and try playing the song but no sound, i see on iphone song is playing yet on mbux nothing.

if i then restart my iphone, it all works!

This is so frustrating!

What has spoitfy done in the last couple of months?

Can i revert to an older version of spotify somehow? Maybe before last years versions...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok I think it is resolved now, i had to logoff then logon back in each time for a few times, now it loads each time I start the car without having to logoff and logon again. It took several logoff/logins then it all works as expected. fingers crossed it will be working now for another year!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I have the same issue with same phone and Mbux. As soon as it happens the only fix is to uninstall the app and it won’t play on air pods either after this. Very annoying!!! All other audio works perfectly fine on both the phone and mbux. How can this be fixed as I can’t keep uninstalling the app every time I want to use it! 

Marked as solution

Ok I think it is resolved now, i had to logoff then logon back in each time for a few times, now it loads each time I start the car without having to logoff and logon again. It took several logoff/logins then it all works as expected. fingers crossed it will be working now for another year!!

Suggested posts