Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Solved!

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Just upgraded to Premium and my iPhone app keeps crashing, the minute I log in it's gone. Tried deleting, reinstalling, deleting all my playlists- nothing works!

Very frustrated and wondering what I can do. Recently upgraded to Premium and now even more frustrated as it's worse than when I was using the free version.

COme on spotify!

298 Replies

Worked for me as well! Played Ok for 20 mins or so while on playlist page, thought I'd switch back to Now Playing to check and hey presto it crashed after another 2 mins! BTW system status log shows a critical memory kernelpanic associated with a memory leak when the Spotify app crashes. So c'mon Spptify, time to hold up your hands, admit your bad and fix it.

Hello.

We've just released a new version of the Spotify app on iOS - Pop over to the App Store to update.
Airhorn Enthusiast

iOS 5 only ?

WHAT!...is going on, I log on and my spottily keeps saying send crash report to them...Still 20 days later I can't listen to my music...Pleas respond or I'm leaving this problem and site behind and move on.

I second the sntiments above, it's like if we are just spotify dummies....Pandora works great!, I left them for this kinda treatment?....Im going back and leaving this tremendous headache behind...Im getting migraines trying ti figure you guys out.....dammmmm.

It's the app for iOS4 that keeps crashing, and that's NOT been updated.

In my case, it crashes EVERY time when 1.I play music, then switch to home screen, then open the app again 2.I play music, then turn off the display, then turn it on again This is highly annoying. I've already tried a soft reset, rebooting, closing all the other apps that ran in background. I have an iPod Touch 4Gen, latest iOS and latest spotify build (recent update hasn't helped). The workaround proposed by y_lohse, where I would close the 'currently played' view and open my playlists for instance didn't help in my case, either. I would really appreciate some support here, as I don't see the point of staying a pro member if it just doesn't work on my iPod - and as it seems, this or a similar issue concerns many users. Flipping through the pages of this thread, I don't have a strong impression that support is written in capital letters here. But maybe should I rather contact them via support ticket? Then again, what is this forum good for if you don't help so many users who experience these crashes? Such major issues being around for a long time and the impression that support is missing here (impression shared by others asnit seems) are not the best way to get positive word-of-mouth advertisement for your product. i'll have a look at other services mentioned by users - even if they don't offer feature-rich, nice apps or the same core features, playing on a mobile device without crashes will be a big advantage in my eyes. Regards, Alexander

Checking in. When I saw Spotify iOS 4 I got excited, thinking that at last this issue might have been fixed, alas no. I'm very reticent to upgrade iOS on my iPhone 3G any further, it can just about cope with 4.2.1, no other music or streaming app on my phone crashes at all, coincindentally Spotify is the only app of that kind that I pay for. Needless to say I'm very disappointed that this has gone on so long. Please stop developing new features, command all hands to the pumps and actually fix this issue before we all cancel our subscriptions forever!

Not the slightest reaction from staff here. They just don't seem to care! This is simply unbearable! As I own an Android phone too, I may want to continue my pro membership, but the fact alone that they don't care really lets me consider quitting Spotify Pro for good. I have rarely had such a non-existent support in a company's active forum. 21 pages of users with the same problem and no other solution thant to remove playlists imported from itunes and an app update that (at least in my case) doesn't help at all. You could just as well close this forum and redirect users to a public irc chat if you want them to moan among themselves instead of helping them or discussing the problem and a future fix.

The news is that the IOS5 update keeps crashing.

Marked as solution

As there is NO support regarding this problem, I have decided to stop paying this company money on a monthly basis. I will look out for alternatives, maybe the German service Simfy will do the job and play music on my iPod without crashing. I have rarely seen a help forum with as little support as it seems to be the case here. Too bad, the product itself is very good, it just doesn't seem to work well on certain devices. It's the non existing forum support that makes me quit!

Hi everyone - Just wanted to say we are here and we are listeing. 

First, if you haven't already done so, please head over to the App Store to download our latest iOS release (0.5.3). A couple users have found this post with clean reinstall instructions quite helpful. 

If you're still experiencing this issue after a clean reinstall let us know. We'll keep trying to replicate this on our end. 

Is this happening only when you stream music? What about with offline playlists? Does happen when listening to playlists, Radio, both? Any other info you can throw our way would be great. 

With respect, users have been providing detailed information back for months. I logged a call back in February and gave up chasing as I received no response or acknowledgement the issue would be fixed.

Bizarrely it did seem to work for me on the last update and no longer crashed but I stupidly updated to the latest version and since then it crashes again as before after 5 to 10 mins. Not only on my iPod 3 but now on my iPad as well. The only device it seems to be stable on at the moment is my iPhone 4.

done everything from a clean install of spotify and even removed all other apps. for me the iOS4 crashes when having "Now playing" up and most of the times when using offline mode. I hope there will be a new release on iOS 4, i can´t upgrade to iOS 5 on my iphone it´s only an 3G. My sons iPhone 4 crashes with the 2 latest spotify app updates, he has updated his iphone to iOS5.

So why not release the older apps again that worked fine and re-release the new updates when you have fixed all those bugs.

i don´t want to pay for a app that does not work.

I´m happy with the one i have on my computer , but the iphone app really suxx.

i don´t think that we who use spotify on our phones will need so much technical features, all we want is to search and listen to our favorit music and create a playlist. keep it simple and easy.

Ok, just followed that guide to the letter, Spotify iOS 4 crashed during the first song. This problem has remained unaddressed for approximately 6 months, that is woeful!! Just look at the App Store reviews for Spotify iOS 4, 2/5 stars, most people are citing the same problem. I am a software developer myself, if I had an issue this huge, outstanding for this long, I'd've died of embarrassment by now! Are you seriously suggesting that with the raft of development tools available and 6 months of time you can't track down what appears to be a simple memory leak in your own code? I'm afraid I don't believe that you're taking this problem seriously at all and as such I have cancelled my subscription.
Marked as solution

Yes I have to agree. I've been a big fan of spotify since it's launch. I've recommended it to many friends. Now it seems like the end of a beautiful relationship. I need to cancel as I cannot afford to pay for an app that does not work. I was hoping that you could fix it but 6 months is too long to wait. I suspect this could ruin your business.

Over and out

GreenjasonovichSmiley Sad

Absolute shame, just because u don't care enough and I don't see any improvement I am stopping my premium member ship now. shame on you Spotify! 

The problem seems to be solved for me. I followed the instructions to clear history, cache and data in Safari, restarted the Iphone and reinstalled spotify. Then I tried the advise to emidiately return from the "now-playing-window" as soon as the music started. It worked out fine. It i s possible that it would have been enough to to skip the now-playing-window". 

It is bad, though, that the app is so poorly designed that people have to go through all this in order to listen to music we have payed for.

Good luck!

the app not work if you are online, even with wifi our 3g! it keep on crashing!!

i do it in the offline modus and it works fine..no crashes....

i think they got a make another app that works on all systems!!

Suggested posts