Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone won't start playing while connecting car's bluetooth

iPhone won't start playing while connecting car's bluetooth

When I had apple music - every time I was getting to my car - when the bluetooth connect - it would have start playing music automatically 

With spotify - it just won't do it.

How can I make spotify play automatically every time my car bluetooth connects ?

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall.

This is a real deal breaker for me that I need to start spotify manually every single time 😕

2 Replies

Hi there @Turbine,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

This functionality depends on the Bluetooth permissions of the app and the type of signal your car sends to the phone.

Try going into the Spotify app settings on your phone and make sure that all Permissions are granted. 

After this go to  Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Tap on Allowed Apps > on the next screen, move the toggle next to CarPlay to On Position.

Hope this helps. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 16.3

My Question or Issue

Spotify does not start automatically playing music when connecting bluetooth after updating to iOS 16.3. When connecting bluetooth from my phone to car, music should start automatically playing but after updating it does not. This feature does however work with other apps such as soundcloud, apple music etc. I've updated spotify, reinstalled it, reset settings on both car and phone and it still does not work.

Suggested posts