Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ipod does not show up in devices

ipod does not show up in devices

My ipod touch 5 does not show up when I plug it in.  I have created my playlist, and would like to download it on my ipod.  Also, the app on my ipod, which I have been using for a couple months now--the free version, no longer works.  Why?

8 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

To sync local files from your desktop to your iPod touch, you need to connect them to the same WiFi network by following the instructions in this FAQ.

Spotify use on any mobile application requires a Premium subscription unless you are in the US, where you can have free radio!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@sfelix1 wrote:

My ipod touch 5 does not show up when I plug it in.  I have created my playlist, and would like to download it on my ipod.  Also, the app on my ipod, which I have been using for a couple months now--the free version, no longer works.  Why?

Hi, please ensure you have the app open on the iPod. Be aware that to use the app you need to be a premium user, unless you live in the US, where you can get free radio.

My ipod and computer are both on the same wifi.  Still does not show up.

I had the free version on my ipod first. I've been using it for 2 months.  Yesterday I got the premium on my laptop.  Now the free version won't work on my ipod.  And my ipod does not show up under devices when I connect it to my laptop.  Very, very frustrated.  I need the playlist I made downloaded on to my ipod, in a couple hours.

Try to logout and login again on your iPod and if it won't fix the problem, maybe delete the app and install again?

Thank you.  I ended up having to delete and re-install.  It now works on my ipod.  But my ipod still does not show up under devices on my laptop. 

@sfelix1 wrote:

Thank you.  I ended up having to delete and re-install.  It now works on my ipod.  But my ipod still does not show up under devices on my laptop. 

Do you have any firewall or security software running (including windows ones)? You might need to disable them or allow Spotify through for the sync to work.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for all the info.  I disabled my protection.

Right now, it seems things are working.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm having a similar problem with my iPhone 4.

I've followed all the steps outlined here and by Spotify.

I've erased all my music and videos from my iPhone too.

Yet my phone still does not show up under devices.

I'm running IOS 6.0 on the phone and OS X 10.8.2.

Suggested posts