Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"An Error Occured: Try Again" Message Everywhere. App nearly unusable. [Version 1.0.0.3251]

Solved!

"An Error Occured: Try Again" Message Everywhere. App nearly unusable. [Version 1.0.0.3251]

Hello,

After upgrading to Spotify version 1.0.0.3251, I have had numerous issues with connecting, searching, and playing music as a Premium user. No matter what I do, whether it is under Browse, Discover, Radio, Search, Playlists, or my own user profile, I simply see the message "An error occured" and does not disappear no matter how many times I click the "try again" button. This occurs on both WiFi and cellular, even when other iPhone apps are able to successfully connect to the internet. When the Spotify app is in this pseudo-offline state, the only things I can do is play my offline-saved songs from my Starred list and change some in-app settings, but nothing more. It will not update with any changes I have made to my playlists from my desktop either.

The only way I have been able to get the Spotify app to reconnect to the service is by fully restarting my iPhone, and that only works some of the time. In the unlikely event that this does restore service, it doesn't last for very long, and it reverts to its "offline" state usually the first time I close the app or switch between WiFi and cellular.

Here are some things I've done to try to fix it:

• Force-quitting Spotify from the iPhone task switcher. This changes nothing and does not fix the problem.
  • Logging out and back in. While Spotify allows me to log back in, everything still says "An error occured. This does not work.
  • Deleting the Spotify app and reinstalling it. Also does not work, even after successfully logging in as above. Also deletes all my backed up songs.
  • Reseting my network settings from iPhone settings menu. This helps none whatsoever.
  • Connecting via different WiFi networks / cellular settings. This also changes nothing. Remains in offline state.
  • Restarting the iPhone fully. This only sometimes work, and if it does, it quickly reverts to the ubiquitous "Error has occured" message.
  • Mashing random buttons and icons. Doesn't help, but makes me feel slightly better.

My Specifications: 

• Model: iPhone 5 (AT&T GSM)
  • iOS Version: 7.0.4 (Jailbroken, but this was never an issue before 1.0.0.3251. No extensions target Spotify.)
  • Spotify Version: 1.0.0.3251
  • Spotify Status: Premium (University Discount)
  • Username: kanosea

If you need any more information, just let me know. I have iFile installed, so I can dig up any files you need if you give me the filepath.

Thanks.

49 Replies

I have the same problem since today, i have an Iphone 6s and premium family plan. I tried to solve using that advice but it doesn't work for me
Marked as solution

Solved! I saw that the download process had something wrong, when I downloaded the app using my wifi network the progress meter move slowly until 70 percent then quickly moves to full and the error appears. I used my 4G connection and works normally, it seems it's related to download process in Apple's App Store app

I am having the same problem. All other features seem to be working fine. When trying to search I get the "error occurred, try again" message.

iPhone 6s
iOS 9.31

Spotify 5.5.0

Tried
- Quitting spotify from task switcher
- Restarting phone

- Force restarting phone

- Removing iPhone from offline devices
- Reinstalling the app

- Resetting network settings

- Using 4G

- Using wifi

I have been corresponding with Spotify programmers on this issue for 3 weeks and there is a solution but gotta tell you, you are not going to like it. After trying literally EVERYTHING else, I had to back up my iphone to my computer and restore the iphone to factory settings...as in NOT restore to backup, but wipe all your data, photos, apps, everything. Then you download the Spotify app again (which is free, because you already paid for it) and presto! It works again. It seems to be some kind of buggy code that happened within my phone and the app on my exact phone itself. The programmers figured this out when they could not replicate the error on other devices even using my account (neither could we - app worked fine on my husband's phone with my account). So now I begin the slow process of re-downloading all of the apps I use on a daily basis. I am going to re-test Spotify after each download just in case it crashes again after downloading a particular one and I would suggest you do the same if you try this route.

Ugh, that sounds terrible. Hopefully there is a better way to solve this. Let me know if it works out, and if it doesn't what apps might be conflicting.

I have been having the same problems and I also have no offline devices.

I've tried everything in this thread except for the "nuclear option" described by Molijen. I'll drop Spotify and get Tidal before I go through that process. Unbelievable. I've been considering both Apple Music and Tidal. This gives me a reason to check them out.  

This solved it for me ! Thanks a lot for suggesting !

I have tried everything here it would be nice to get a solutioin. 

In the end I contacted support and they had me create a new account and then transferred my data to the new account. That worked.

I 've had it! I think i will use tidal or apple music i cant believe that spotify doesn't do anything to fix this things i am paying for something i can't use!

I am also having a problem with this, would love for support to contact me. I've included a screenshot of the error I'm seeing on nearly every tab.

I've tried everything listed within this topic but like others I'll go to Apple Music if a factory reset is required.
IMG_6715.PNG
Marked as solution

SOLVED: I had this error on iOS 10.2 Iphone7.  Tried everything, rebooting, reinstalling, removing deviceson web, nothign worked.  I saw "Try Again".  So, I killed the app, turned off wifi on my phone, and then booted Spotify app.  It connected to their servers and problems were solved.  I then turned wifi back on.  

Hey guys, On Iphone- the Wi Fi was in conflict with the cellular connection to Spotify. Try shutting off WiFi and go with your cellular internet connection. After doing so you will be all back to normal on Spotify.

Try VPN it really works

With the same problem happening, I held the power button until it gave me the swipe to shut off option. Instead of swiping, I let go of the power button and held the home button instead (if I remember correctly that clears the RAM which will make the device run faster) until the app closed and brought me to my home screen. I then opened Spotify again and it worked. 

Marked as solution

Got the same issue with my iPhone7. Did the uninstall-install the app process then tried using the cellular data instead of wifi. This works. When I try to turn back to wifi though, issue occurs when I try to search for a song or an artist. So what I did is I looked for 1 artist then play the songs on 1 album using cell data then while playing, i switched it to wifi. So far, it solves the issue.

I did all these things and it still doesn't work

This doesn't work

Nothing is working me for me! I have tried everything, including removing the devices.

IMG_1852.PNG

Suggested posts